News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Archinto's Dinosaur Art & Sculptures

Started by Archinto, January 23, 2016, 04:50:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

This dude is baller as hell. Like others, I find myself wishing you would cast it.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Archinto

Finally finished this bad girl last night.

Diadectes sideropelicus

Diadectes sideropelicus by Archinto, on Flickr

This model is for sale. I will eventually make a base for it, or one can be custom built to suit. pm for details
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Flaffy

Go team Permian!  ;D
Looks AMAZING! :o
So glad that you've decided to sculpt Permain obscure fauna :))

Blade-of-the-Moon

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Archinto

My latest project is coming to a head. I present Hesperosuchus Agilis. The model is about 12" long. Im still trying to decide how I should paint it. Any suggestions?

Hesperosuchus WIP by Archinto, on Flickr

I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

BlueKrono

Archinto - Your modeling skills show marked improvement. The Hespero is really impressive! I was curious... how do you do scales? If scales were convex, one could just take a pebbley texture and imprint it on a surface. However, scales are concave. Do you have a method for producing multiple scales at a time, or do you painstakingly form each one individually? If so, what tools do you use?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Archinto

Thank you! I am really happy with how this one is turning out. I just put the first coat of paint on and everything really pops! :3

To do the skin texture, I use texture stamps that ive made off of different vintage dinosaur figures I have. Then I use a nut pick with an acorn shaped end, and stipple the surface to add more texture, and to define the printed scales and add more scales to the patterns. My tool s are my hands, a nut pick and a bamboo toothpick with one blunt end.

The textures I used for the skin on this guy are from a AAA triceratops and a dino riders saurolophus.

Archinto

And I've decided to do a drab green base coat. Here goes :) Looks worlds better already...

Rain

spinosaurus1

Jose S.M.

It looks fantastic, very nice and active pose!

Thylacosmilus

I still have no words to describe what I'm feeling :o

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Everything_Dinosaur

Archinto

Did a little more work on the paint. still a ways to go...

Hesperosuchus wip by Archinto, on Flickr

Hesperosuchus wip by Archinto, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

Archinto

Glad y'all like it! Im still finishing up the paint. I've got several projects going right now, including some kinda secret ones, but I couldn't contain myself any longer and have to spill the beans on this bad boy. Working on a 1;10th scale Tyrannosaurus Rex statue. Im going to try to make it a free standing figure if possible. I currently have it somewhat suspended so its easier to work on.

1:10 scale Tyrannosaurus Rex WIP by Archinto, on Flickr

Getting the base armature and structural work done. Keep in mind that this armature is based off a skeleton and it will be a bit thicker than what you see. Wrapped with rigid wrap plaster gauze, then coating with Durhams water putty. Will build the skull using magic sculpt to get the features right. I may end up using the celluclay as a filler if it's rigid enough. One it's all ready for the final skin, that will be applied using the magic sculpt.

Archinto

Got the skull work done on the top, now to do the jaw. Once the bones are made Ill sculpt the teeth and figure out what to use for eyes. I've got a few ideas, but need to take some measurements. I've seen some amazing glass eyes that'd really set this bad boy off.

1:10 T Rex WIP by Archinto, on Flickr

1:10 T Rex WIP by Archinto, on Flickr

Jose S.M.

That's going to be really big! Can't wait to see more progress sand the final result. Also, I see a nice looking fish tank in one photo. I love fish tanks!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: