News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Coelophysis bauri Sculpture

Started by Archinto, February 02, 2016, 11:12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Archinto

I'm almost done sculpting the Hesperosuchus. Its been a challenge as I smudged out all the details at least three times or more. I flame baked his face with a lighter to protect it and was able to get the rest done here without any problems. I burned it a little but nothing that cant be fixed. I like how its coming out. Itll look neat when its all painted up. Wee lil Crocodilomorph :3
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Archinto

Just threw down a major paint sesh on the lil guy and its close to done! Just the detailing work from here. The flat paint looks awesome all polished up.
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Blade-of-the-Moon

It does look very nice like that, I'm often tempted to stop here as I don't want to mess anything up..lol  I just keep telling myself.." its only paint"   ;)

Archinto

If anything i may darkwash the grooves and creases but i think ill leave it As is. Just gotta do the eyes, mouth and claws. I was going to use devils club thorns for its teeth, but the face proves to be too fragile so ill just paint them in. Lil needles off the jaw humps. I might still gather some if its feasible to do but ill have to trim each one perfectly and not lose it to use them. It would look insane....

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Archinto on March 14, 2016, 06:41:28 PM
If anything i may darkwash the grooves and creases but i think ill leave it As is. Just gotta do the eyes, mouth and claws. I was going to use devils club thorns for its teeth, but the face proves to be too fragile so ill just paint them in. Lil needles off the jaw humps. I might still gather some if its feasible to do but ill have to trim each one perfectly and not lose it to use them. It would look insane....

I wonder if they are anything like a briar we have here, it's called locally chainsaw briars or just saw briar. Various size thorns, very tiny all along a green vine. It's the worst one here to get stuck on.

Archinto

Google devils club. Its not a friendly plant but its beautiful. It is a large groundcover plant that has stiff stalks covered in super sharp thorns. The thorns also have a micro-serrated sheath that sticks in ya after the thorn is removed... lovely stuff. Its the best when a friend is hiking in front of you and lets one go flying right into your face.. o_O

But yeah i decided against going super detail on the face. The hesperosuchus is all finished and i can move on to placing everything and building the diorama.

Archinto

I've updated the first post, The model has been attached to the base. It was a rather nerve racking experience drilling the antler base as all I had handy was an old hand powered carpenters drill. Worked good, although archaeic....

I've done some work with the local mosses and got a batch preserved and its gonna look so awesome! I'll post again as I build

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Archinto on March 19, 2016, 05:46:53 AM
I've updated the first post, The model has been attached to the base. It was a rather nerve racking experience drilling the antler base as all I had handy was an old hand powered carpenters drill. Worked good, although archaeic....

I've done some work with the local mosses and got a batch preserved and its gonna look so awesome! I'll post again as I build

geez..yeah i bet that was killer!  my grandfather has one in our shop and i bring it out when someone really wants to get a feel for what they are working on..lol  i'll take my DeWalt any day. ;)

CrazyForCretaceous

Looks really nice!  The paint and sculpting are great.  I like his "prey" too.

Viergacht

That is a spectacular sculpt. So lively!

Tyto_Theropod

You have some real talent - this is an exceptional figure, and so full of life. I'd definitely buy one if was available commercially, as it's arguably the best Coelophysis I've seen!
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Jetoar

Wonderful and amazing  :o.Congrats  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Flaffy

Now that's what I call a coelophysis model!  ;D

jooooo

That's awesome! I might do a Coelophysis sculpture.

Archinto

Thank you forthe kind words everyone! I may at a later time make a coelophyisis model to cast. I have been making slow progress onthis sculpture due to other projects. I also used up a lot of my prepared vegetation on the last model base I did. This one will be set by a streambed in the diorama. Im lacking the funds to get the realiatic water goop at this time so i kindof just stopped working on it. Its all set down on a spectacular wooden base right now. Im eager to see how it lookswhen i add the next set of rocks and logs to the base.

Paleogene Pals

You did an excellent job, very nice work of art.

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: Archinto on May 15, 2016, 01:31:55 AM
I have been making slow progress onthis sculpture due to other projects.

Don't worry, I'm sure I'm not the only one who completely understands you there! I'm a humble modder myself, but the same applies when I get excited and have something like twenty projects sitting around on my craft table.  :P
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Archinto

Ive got a couple sculpture projects going right now, this one, a Diadectes and another special top secret project as far as dinosaurs go. I kindof have a plan for the diadectes to possibly make it a mother defending its young from a dimetrodon, possibly even adding some bite wounds to the attacking dimetrodon.... will see....

With this one im going to put alot of details in the water and such. Maybe add small fish. Ive already got some murre vertebrae in there to simulate a dead creature  buried in the river mud. I have to collect more mosses and get back to work. Id love to putthis one on the auction block and see what happens :)

Amidst dinosaur projects i have work, and paid art commissions to fulfill. Just so oh so busy... lol

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: