You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Silvanusaurus' Great British Collection

Started by Silvanusaurus, February 02, 2016, 10:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

I'm guessing the fierce Papyonyx viciously ate its way through the lumbering Godzilla's belly and killed it. Or at least, I'm hoping that is the case. :)

Awesome Bary collection!

CityRaptor

Godzilla knows that you do not eat your enemies alive. ( Those who tried to eat him were blown up while doing so ) So it won't happen. 

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on February 27, 2016, 09:28:55 PM
(And for all those who thought he'd make a good kaiju, well... you were right  ;) :
The military is useless against this terror!
Like all great kaiju, he's got offensive projectile capabilities:
And likes a good snack:
What power can stand against the heavy claws of this monstrosity?!
Let them fight.
How is this possible? The King of the Monsters defeated?
That was just Godzilla Jr. And now his father's pretty darn mad.
And if you're familiar with Godzilla, I'm sure you can guess what happens next.  ;)

Awesome.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

SpartanSquat

Like my pal jetoar said haha!
You are lucky to have G2000 (First version) Im thinking to buy the second version with silver plates

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: RolandEden on February 28, 2016, 05:20:57 PM
Like my pal jetoar said haha!
You are lucky to have G2000 (First version) Im thinking to buy the second version with silver plates

Yeah, I happened to buy that G2000 for it's original price, just before they became super expensive.

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on February 28, 2016, 09:08:44 AM
Yeah, I'm thinking about re-painting the Papo with a similar style to 'Jenny Greenteeth'... I'm also thinking I might do some customising to change his pose too, in which case I'll probably get a second one to replace him, as I would still like a version of the figure as he is.

Although you would have to give the male a brighter crest/back of neck then Jenny has, and you would have to add more visible scars then her because males fight more often then females, therefore having more scars. But I can't wait to see what he'll look like! ;) Also I would make his dorsal spines taller than Jenny's. (just my opinion) ;D
I am the Dinosaur King!

Silvanusaurus

A new shot of the off-shoot of my collection I am keeping in my art studio (which has much more space than home); mainly for very large, unusual and retro dinosaurs, including Thunder Beasts, Tsukuda, Dino-Riders and Schleich Replicasaurus. I've just gotten some new Thunder Beasts so I'll have to make more room...

Archinto

Ive been meaning to setup shelves like this in my hobby room. Id love to get out all my dinosaurs and diaplay them all but right now.... id be ovverun due to lack of shelves LOLOL

Those tsukuda dinosaurs look awesome. Seeing them next to familiar figures really puts into perspective how rad they are! Someday, ill git me some!
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Silvanusaurus

A few new shots of bits and pieces of my collection, with some new additions and arrangements. (The group shots are a bit blurry unfortunately, due to poor lighting):

Top of the shelf selection (with extra blur, the lightings really bad up in the corner):

These two are very similarly posed and proportioned, though the bigger Happinet looks much more natural to me:

Three Kings:

Bullyland/Schleich Replica-saurus:

Mainly crocodilian types, including newly acquired safari toob crocodiles (yeah, I love Bullyland):

Not sure where to make room for this old Salopian:

ITdactyl

Very nice... thanks for sharing.
And it's funny for me how the swan is standing proudly among theropods...

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: ITdactyl on August 14, 2016, 03:38:36 AM
Very nice... thanks for sharing.
And it's funny for me how the swan is standing proudly among theropods...

I had an encounter with a huge swan once. I was walking along a path through a wooded park, and just off the path there was a swan sitting on it's nest, and what was obviously it's partner (I didn't know which was male or female) was sat directly in the middle of the path a couple of metres ahead of me. As I moved a little closer, the swan in the path got up, and started plodding towards me. But it wasn't just walking casually, it was a display of intimidating strength; it was deliberately and slowly marching, stomping it's feet down with immense force, I could hear the weight behind each step as they fell with great thuds. The swan presented such an imposing, determined visage of power, I realised that this was not just some beautiful, delicate water foul; it was a Dinosaur, as mighty in it's own way as any giant theropod of old. It was a dinosaur, whose peace and territory I had trespassed upon, and it wanted me gone. Needless to say, I got the heck out of dodge.

I don't think I've ever respected an animal as much as I did that swan in that moment, and the fear and wonder it instilled in me, despite it's relatively small size and humble surroundings, made it really hit home how magnificent those ancient dinosaurs would have been, who until then I had left behind as a childhood fancy. That experience planted the seeds that eventually rekindled my childhood passion for dinosaurs, and a new love of extant birds, which would lead me to start this collection and of course to joining this forum.  :)

Anyway, that's why the Swan stands proudly amongst the rest.  ^-^

Derek.McManus

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.