News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Monster Hunter figures

Started by sauroid, February 16, 2016, 02:21:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

does anyone here collect Monster Hunter figures? those are awesome designs like a cross between McFarlane's Dragons, Lovecraftian monsters, Kaijus, and even prehistoric animals.
please post some pics.
here's some of mine
Bandai minis V Book figures
Deviljho

Ceadeus

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

sauroid

Akantor

Black Diablos

Ukanlos

just a few for now. and since i doubt others have or are even aware of them, i might be the only one posting here...
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Megalosaurus

Hi.
You figures are so cool.
I'm considering to buy some MH figures, as I'm a player of MH3U and MH4U.
Where do you get yours?
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

sauroid

hi
the MH figures above are the mini versions (by BANDAI) and less detailed than the larger figures below (CAPCOM figure builder standard models and one bandai soul styling)
just a few of what i have

plesioth

lagiacrus

agnaktor

diablos

duramboros

monoblos

rage rathian
tigrex
tigrex

royal ludroth

shen gaoren

tetsucabra (standard model PLUS line)

rathian (bandai)

i get them at specialty gaming and collectible toy shops in my city.

tyrantqueen

I want to get into Monster Hunter games, but I don't do multiplayer. I've heard it's almost impossible to play by yourself, you HAVE to be part of a group to slay some of the tougher, bigger monsters.

sauroid

tbh, i dont play the game, i just collect the dragons/monster figures. :D

Megalosaurus

Nice.
I'd like to have first:
Qurupeco, Ludroth, Great Jaggi & Lagiacrus. As they are some of the first ones in MHTri, my first MHgame.

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 28, 2016, 10:07:23 AM
I want to get into Monster Hunter games, but I don't do multiplayer. I've heard it's almost impossible to play by yourself, you HAVE to be part of a group to slay some of the tougher, bigger monsters.

You can play a lot without any partners. I beat myself MH3U without aid (The Moga village), and payed a lot of misions from the Harbor (that should be multiplayer, but you can play alone as well), and I didn't stop for its difficulty, but because now I'm playing MH4U.
Yes, Its hard, because you may buy or craft armor and weapons, but your character never improves, YOU must improve your strategies and your eye-brain-finger reactions.
mmm... If you play online, you can play with a buch of unknown people, the consolidation as a group comes latter when you decide to play with the same people again and again, you may get new virtual friends, and in some cases get that friendship to the real life.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

PaleoMatt

No no no no not Monster hunter... Joking guys, my friend always talks about it and I'm not a fan of the game personally so it annoys me :P

Some of these guys look so cool though! Lagiacrus (is that right) is my fave from pictures I've seen

brandem

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 28, 2016, 10:07:23 AM

Ive been playing some of the hunter games since ye olde ps2 days, and even still play the 3ds versions but as a warning it is a grind fest, and not even for levels but just the rng drops to  craft better equipment so if that's not your jam avoid it like the plague,

As for multiplayer if you want to 100% the game you do need teams to take out big monsters but if you just want to hunt every monster in the game, then there are soloable versions of pretty much every monster, but you may still need equipment that would normally outclass the beast when team to make it feasible.

Arul

Tigrex is the only monster that i like, but that lagiacrus is very cool. Capcom Figure Builder is the best series for monster hunter replica  :)

fason

have you got the revoltech ones , been considering them

danmalcolm

Geeez, I love monster hunter. I pride myself in having soloed every single quest in mh3u. I then bought mh4u and playing online is a blast. The online community is one of the friendliest/most welcoming I've ever seen. The creatures in the game are creative and believable, and the game play is the best.

I wasn't aware of these figures though! They look amazing. How big are they?

sauroid

the capcom figure builder series figures vary tho. they could be as small as 7.5 x 7.5 cm to nearly 25 cm in height. depends on the monsters. the premium figures are much bigger tho (and much more expensive). the ones i posted at the beginning of the thread are the smallest.

AcroSauroTaurus

Kaiyodo Revoltech Molten Tigrex.

And my most recent MH figure, the Figure Builder Valstrax.
I am the Dinosaur King!

AcroSauroTaurus

My S.H.MonsterArts Nargacuga arrived yesterday, so here are some pictures.

I am the Dinosaur King!

Creature

Who's a good spiky boy? Nargacuga is!

I just opened him and my Rathalos last night. Rathalos is HUGE. And so articulated down to her individual toes.

(click for silly video)
Rathalos by M W, on Flickr
Instagram: where I play with dinosaurs, horses, and action figures.

acro-man

Their Articulated figures are as good as the game itself.
A little off the topic though, I just wanna recommend the Monster Hunter game to all the designers and programmers of those existing or to-be-released dinosaur simulation sandbox survival games, such as the Isle, Beasts of Bermuda, Prehistoric Kingdom and so on. Despite the finest reconstructions and animations of dinosaurs they have, the gameplay often sucks.
Who would spend hours and hours just eating, drinking, pooping, idling, biting(literally only 1 or 2 animations for biting)?
WE NEED TO FIGHT!
6 attacking moves, and 2 dodging/defending moves for each species and I tell ya what - players will go crazy!
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

AcroSauroTaurus

My S.H.MonsterArts Rathalos arrived a couple days ago.

I am the Dinosaur King!

stargatedalek

And I spot Monogatari too! I love that series.

I have a few Stories figures but mostly figure builders, and only had photos on hand of Kulu-Ya-Ku. This one gets an honorary "Dodoraptor" position alongside the Chaos Effects.

stargatedalek

Nightmare of every doughnut had me, lol.

The figure builder stands are rather plain, but they work well with Colorata stands even though the rod is thinner because they really only need it to prop them up (even the flyers because the hole is generally pretty deep).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: