You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaurs of China exhibition - Nottingham

Started by DinoToyForum, February 19, 2016, 08:43:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

Quote from: ceratopsian on July 16, 2017, 07:06:47 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on July 15, 2017, 09:17:20 PM
A series of free public palaeo-talks is accompanying the Dinosaurs of China exhibition in Nottingham......

On the leaflet I picked up at Lakeside, it says that the talks are all being streamed live via their Facebook page.  But I can't turn up any info about this on-line.  Has the idea been abandoned?

I don't know but I don't think my talks were live streamed. I'll ask them on Tuesday when they host Mark Witton. You could email Lakeside, too, they may be more inclined to live stream if they know there's an audience.

ceratopsian

I'll get in touch with them. I guess they got a bit carried away before their leaflet went to press!

BlueKrono

Quote from: dinotoyforum on July 16, 2017, 07:55:45 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on July 16, 2017, 07:06:47 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on July 15, 2017, 09:17:20 PM
A series of free public palaeo-talks is accompanying the Dinosaurs of China exhibition in Nottingham......

On the leaflet I picked up at Lakeside, it says that the talks are all being streamed live via their Facebook page.  But I can't turn up any info about this on-line.  Has the idea been abandoned?

I don't know but I don't think my talks were live streamed. I'll ask them on Tuesday when they host Mark Witton. You could email Lakeside, too, they may be more inclined to live stream if they know there's an audience.

Mark Witton? Last-minute flights to the UK are pretty cheap right?
::googles::
Oh dang.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

DinoToyForum

Quote from: ceratopsian on July 16, 2017, 08:12:43 PM
I'll get in touch with them. I guess they got a bit carried away before their leaflet went to press!

Maybe. They changed the lecture theatre at the last minute as well.

ceratopsian

Quote from: dinotoyforum on July 16, 2017, 08:53:19 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on July 16, 2017, 08:12:43 PM

Maybe. They changed the lecture theatre at the last minute as well.

I heard back from them.  Streaming can't be done at present owing to a lack of equipment.  They hope to have it working by September/October.

DinoToyForum

DinoToyForum

A small selection of PNSO products are now being sold in the Dinosaurs of China shop: Euhelopus (£21), Lufengosaurus (£21), Mandchurosaurus (£21), and a variety of miniatures (£4 each). There may be more on the way.

Also, here are some photos of the shop I took a few weeks ago and forgot to share earlier.

Tomorrow I'm meeting forum members (and absentees for some time now!) Horridus and Himmapaan in the exhibition, so I'm sure we'll spend some time in the shop and I may take some up to date photos of the current product range.

Simon

:o :o :o :o WOW Dr Admin!!

Now THAT is what I call a Dino-Shop!!!

DinoToyForum

Here are the large PNSOs in the Dinosaurs of China shop today:

We all bought a Euhelopus. :))

DinoToyForum

I made a short video about the exhibition:

https://youtu.be/jgfriWydSpU

We're over half way through the duration of the exhibition now so if you haven't visited yet make sure you do before they get shipped back to China. 8) Last day of the exhibition is 29 October

Roselaar

Wish more museums would stock their shops as well as this one...

Lanthanotus

Now that last dinosaur must have been the weirdest in that whole exhibition :D

Great stuff you put up there and an awesome shop!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Lanthanotus on September 15, 2017, 06:38:00 PM
Now that last dinosaur must have been the weirdest in that whole exhibition :D

Great stuff you put up there and an awesome shop!

Yeah, the Adamraptor ;)

Tylosaurus

This looks how dino's shops need to be Doc 8-) Looks amazing man!
Well I hope yoy are having a great time there, must be a cool experience :)

DinoToyForum

I was on local television this week talking about the exhibition...  :o

And gave a tour to a group of palaeontologists visiting as part of a conference:

If you're in the UK and haven't visited yet, please do! You might never again have a chance to see the real fossil of Microraptor, the tallest dinosaur ever displayed in the UK, or the mounted skeleton of Gigantoraptor. Plus many other dinosaurs never before displayed in Europe. All for £7 per adult and £5 per child (free for under 5s). If you're a forum member and do visit, let me know, I'd be glad to meet up with you. Also, please spread the word: the greater the success of the exhibition the more likely we'll be able to do something like this again in the future.

Silvanusaurus

I've been trying to find time all Summer, but have finally managed to arrange a trip over to Nottingham to visit the exhibition in a couple of weeks. Better late than never I suppose!

DinoToyForum

DinoToyForum

Lanthanotus

My congratulations to your new "acquisition" if that's allowed to say :D

All the best for the both of you.... would have liked such a background too for my wedding ;)

Jose S.M.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: