You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaurs of China exhibition - Nottingham

Started by DinoToyForum, February 19, 2016, 08:43:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moodyraptor

Wow, that is so exciting... I can't imagine where you're going to put it in Wollaton Hall where it will fit though! 

Derek.McManus

This sounds like an excellent exhibition and that rearing Mamenchisaurus looks superb, I saw one mounted in Edinburgh years ago and the neck is impressive. Like the logo too!

ceratopsian

Quote from: Moodyraptor on November 30, 2016, 08:33:39 PM
Wow, that is so exciting... I can't imagine where you're going to put it in Wollaton Hall where it will fit though!

My thoughts exactly!  I am so looking forward to this exhibition.  Even my non-dinosaur husband was wowed just now when I called him over to see the photo of the skeleton being mounted in Beijing!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: ceratopsian on November 30, 2016, 09:17:48 PM
Quote from: Moodyraptor on November 30, 2016, 08:33:39 PM

My thoughts exactly!  I am so looking forward to this exhibition.  Even my non-dinosaur husband was wowed just now when I called him over to see the photo of the skeleton being mounted in Beijing!

It'll fit in the great hall. The lack of floor space is the main reason for the rearing up pose. The difficulty will be mounting it.... :o

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Derek.McManus on November 30, 2016, 08:59:21 PM
This sounds like an excellent exhibition and that rearing Mamenchisaurus looks superb, I saw one mounted in Edinburgh years ago and the neck is impressive. Like the logo too!

That must've been the 'Dinosaurs from China' touring exhibition that did the rounds in the early 90s? Or late 80s? That was before the feathered dinosaurs from China were known. Our 'Dinosaurs of China' is different in that it's a one off, world exclusive exhibition, designed by us. It isn't going anywhere else. 8)

DinoToyForum

I was interviewed about the exhibition this morning. I'm not watching it, but you can.  :-[
https://www.periscope.tv/MyNottingham/1yNGaANBkqbGj

amargasaurus cazaui

Are there any psittacosaur represented in this exhibition or perhaps earlier forms of ceratopsian ....by example yinlong etc?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

DinoToyForum

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on November 30, 2016, 10:57:33 PM
Are there any psittacosaur represented in this exhibition or perhaps earlier forms of ceratopsian ....by example yinlong etc?

Here is the list of species in the exhibition that have been revealed so far. The rest of the dinosaurs will be revealed gradually as the exhibition gets closer to launch...

http://www.dinosaursofchina.co.uk/exhibition/species/

Takama

Quote from: dinotoyforum on November 30, 2016, 11:06:48 PM

Here is the list of species in the exhibition that have been revealed so far. The rest of the dinosaurs will be revealed gradually as the exhibition gets closer to launch...

Sigh

DILOPHOSAURUS SINISUS and not Sinosaurus?

ceratopsian

I'm curious to know the artist/artists of the images of the announced dinosaurs on the list.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: ceratopsian on December 01, 2016, 08:32:13 AM
I'm curious to know the artist/artists of the images of the announced dinosaurs on the list.

All of the artwork is by our friends, the PNSO!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Takama on December 01, 2016, 12:36:08 AM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on November 30, 2016, 11:06:48 PM

Sigh

DILOPHOSAURUS SINISUS and not Sinosaurus?

Read the rest of the text. :)
http://www.dinosaursofchina.co.uk/exhibition/species/dilophosaurus-sinensis-sinosaurus/

Everything_Dinosaur

Quote from: dinotoyforum on November 30, 2016, 09:53:01 PM
I was interviewed about the exhibition this morning. I'm not watching it, but you can.  :-[
https://www.periscope.tv/MyNottingham/1yNGaANBkqbGj

It's a great interview, and you come across really well.  Having been interviewed a few times myself I know just how tough this type of work is, but you got all the information across concisely and your enthusiasm for the subject and for the museum shone through, well done you or as they say in China Hěn hǎo (very good).

ceratopsian

Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 01, 2016, 09:01:32 AM
Quote from: ceratopsian on December 01, 2016, 08:32:13 AM

All of the artwork is by our friends, the PNSO!

Ah ha!  I thought it looked as if it was their work.  I can pat myself on the back!

Derek.McManus

Quote from: dinotoyforum on November 30, 2016, 09:51:28 PM
Quote from: Derek.McManus on November 30, 2016, 08:59:21 PM

That must've been the 'Dinosaurs from China' touring exhibition that did the rounds in the early 90s? Or late 80s? That was before the feathered dinosaurs from China were known. Our 'Dinosaurs of China' is different in that it's a one off, world exclusive exhibition, designed by us. It isn't going anywhere else. 8)

Early 90's if I recall  correctly though that makes me feel old now! As you suggest lots of really interesting developments in the intervening years and I'm sure your exclusive exhibition will be really impressive!

critcho

I have my tickets, can't wait! The mamenchisaurus looks incredible and is worth the money on its own

DinoToyForum

Quote from: critcho on December 03, 2016, 09:03:32 AM
I have my tickets, can't wait! The mamenchisaurus looks incredible and is worth the money on its own

Great! I'm so pleased people are excited!

ceratopsian

The exhibition itself is hugely exciting - so much so I'm planning to try and visit Nottingham twice.  But I'm guessing / hoping that PNSO's involvement will also mean shopping opportunities.  Wouldn't it be wonderful if they have been commissioned to create a new model for the exhibition!  And wouldn't it be interesting if their hugely expensive "limited edition" range was available to view!  These models cost the sort of money I wouldn't dream of spending without seeing what I'm buying "in the flesh", so to speak.  ("Dream" being the important word here!)

DinoToyForum

Quote from: ceratopsian on December 03, 2016, 08:06:08 PM
The exhibition itself is hugely exciting - so much so I'm planning to try and visit Nottingham twice.  But I'm guessing / hoping that PNSO's involvement will also mean shopping opportunities.  Wouldn't it be wonderful if they have been commissioned to create a new model for the exhibition!  And wouldn't it be interesting if their hugely expensive "limited edition" range was available to view!  These models cost the sort of money I wouldn't dream of spending without seeing what I'm buying "in the flesh", so to speak.  ("Dream" being the important word here!)

I think I'm permitted to say that we intend to have PNSO products in the shop.

critcho

Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 03, 2016, 07:55:04 PM
Quote from: critcho on December 03, 2016, 09:03:32 AM

Great! I'm so pleased people are excited!

Thank you for helping to organise such an exciting event!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: