You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaurs of China exhibition - Nottingham

Started by DinoToyForum, February 19, 2016, 08:43:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Moodyraptor on February 24, 2017, 10:37:55 PM
Is it necessary to book tickets?  Do you anticipate it might be difficult to get in if you just turn up? (I live in Nottingham so wouldn't necessarily need to make a special trip)

It isn't necessary, you can buy tickets on the door, but there is limited capacity in the hall, so those who prebooked will have priority. We don't know how busy it will be because we've never had an exhibition of this scale before.

DinoToyForum

Nottingham Lakeside Arts are seeking help to make their section of the Dinosaurs of China exhibition as good as it can possibly be. You can show your support with a pledge to their crowdfunder - there are posters and other interesting rewards on offer! Check it out:  http://tinyurl.com/gn9xpc

Oh, and alongside their Sinosaurus ('Dilophosaurus sinensis'), they will also have an Alxasaurus - the only therizinosaur across the two exhibition sites.

DinoToyForum

The Alxasaurus skeleton will be on display at Lakeside Arts on the University of Nottingham campus.

Derek.McManus

Very impressive I hope the exhibition exceeds expectations!

DinoToyForum

We're auditioning for someone to be Hunter, our life size animatronic/puppeteered  Sinraptor. A possible summer job for any Nottinghamshire-based Dinotoyforumers out there?

http://www.dinosaursofchina.co.uk/events/dino-factor-auditions/

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Silvanusaurus

As cool an idea as it is, I dont think I could take the heat (literally).

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on March 18, 2017, 11:59:52 PM
As cool an idea as it is, I dont think I could take the heat (literally).

I haven't tried it on myself, but I've heard it does get warm. There's a fan inside, apparently.

DinoToyForum

Patrx

Maybe it's just me, but that looks like a lot of fun  ;D

DinoToyForum

First in a series of animations showing some of the stars of the exhibition in Nottingham hotspots. ;D Here's Mamenchisaurus at Trent Bridge.

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

DinoToyForum

:'( The other ones won't be as upsetting...  O:-)

Lanthanotus

Indeed a bizarre work day in a business like yours I guess.

Wasn't that Simon guy one of those TV judges from those unspeakable casting shows?! That Dinosaurus of China Exhibition's gonna be the biggest deal in the UK, next to Brexit, eh? But I wonder why that costume is so like a generic theropod (...pronated hands?!)

Anyway, would wish I could see the exhibition :/

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Lanthanotus on March 24, 2017, 10:07:00 PM
Indeed a bizarre work day in a business like yours I guess.

Wasn't that Simon guy one of those TV judges from those unspeakable casting shows?! That Dinosaurus of China Exhibition's gonna be the biggest deal in the UK, next to Brexit, eh? But I wonder why that costume is so like a generic theropod (...pronated hands?!)

Anyway, would wish I could see the exhibition :/

Yes, Simon is a Simon Cowell lookalike   :))

Hunter wasn't designed from scratch. He was created by mix-matching different elements from existing models. He's as accurate as he could be under the circumstances and I'm pretty happy with him. Scientists are often forced to make compromises when it comes to marketing.  O:-)

Lanthanotus

Yeah, I guess.... but Sinraptor or not (for most people it probably will be either a T. rex or Velociraptor anyway), pronated hands or not, it will draw a lot of attention for the museum. Wish you a good success with that exhibition.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Lanthanotus on March 24, 2017, 10:31:10 PM
Yeah, I guess.... but Sinraptor or not (for most people it probably will be either a T. rex or Velociraptor anyway), pronated hands or not, it will draw a lot of attention for the museum. Wish you a good success with that exhibition.

We hope! Thanks!

DinoToyForum

Lufengosaurus will accompany Mamenchisaurus and Sinraptor in the great hall. Follow Gorilla-saurus on twitter for updates about this exhibition and other news from the Nottingham Natural History Museum: https://twitter.com/George_Gorilla

DinoToyForum

A better view of the Mamenchisaurus being mounted in China. 8)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: