News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

First time sculpting - WIP

Started by Digibasherx, March 01, 2016, 04:44:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Digibasherx

Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments  ^-^, this was a fun project, especially the scaling.  Ironically I used the Dino riders Kenty for the impressions.  Any recommendations on primer or sealer?

Newt

I use ordinary gray automotive primer in a spray can, it works great. Test it on a scrap of cardboard first to get the distance right - if you hold the can too close to the figure, the primer will puddle. I've also used Testor's white primer, which supposedly has a finer spray that is less likely to obscure detail, but I didn't notice much difference from the auto primer.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.