News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Team Sauropod

Started by amargasaurus cazaui, May 24, 2012, 08:12:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Himmapaan

I don't know whether the figure is based on any particular mount, but it's certainly Brachiosaurus altithorax. All its proportions point to its being so, plus it has been confirmed as much by Mike Taylor, one of the consultants for the figure.

amargasaurus cazaui

Since my thread here deals with sauropods, I wondered what peoples thoughts are regarding the Amargasaurus and its spines. I wondered what people might suggest as the possible purpose for the unusual spine length, or its possible uses. Does anyone still consider the idea of a sail down its back practical? I think the spines make this one of the most problematic sauropods to understand.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

amargasaurus cazaui

One I took the other day when I was messing around...seemed amusing

[attachment msg=11224][/attachment]
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Himmapaan

I forgot to thank you for the extra pictures of the Blanco Amargasaurus earlier. Thank you. :)

I almost gave in to buying one the other day, but after much deliberation have decided to postpone the purchase yet again. Lack of space and time to build and paint it was the chief concern. :(

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Himmapaan on June 08, 2012, 10:45:41 AM
I forgot to thank you for the extra pictures of the Blanco Amargasaurus earlier. Thank you. :)

I almost gave in to buying one the other day, but after much deliberation have decided to postpone the purchase yet again. Lack of space and time to build and paint it was the chief concern. :(
For me the persuading factor is there are so few nice Amargasaurus figures out there offered. DinostoreUS, Battat, and Carnegie...and then what? There is the Kaiyodo and the Blanco that I know of. The Kaiyodo has the speculative and unproven sail, and the Blanco has the spines only, which more closely follows the fossil evidence. I do not regret buying it myself. Then again , its my favorite of the dinosaurs .

amargasaurus cazaui

Dinobot sludge, the sauropod of the original transformers dinobots.

[attachment msg=11541][/attachment]

amargasaurus cazaui

So thought I would post a few I had taken for the diorama contest that I will not be using. They will still decorate the page at least !!

[attachment msg=12366][/attachment]

amargasaurus cazaui

Playing around with my new camera and shot this today. Pictured are the Marx brontosaurus, its cousin from the Sinclair dinosaur set, and finally a purple cereal premium MPC Brontosaurus.

Gwangi

Great sauropod collection you have here. I too am a sauropod fan as you may have gathered from my collection thread. Nice diorama pictures too, I can see there will be some good competition.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Gwangi on July 11, 2012, 03:29:51 AM
Great sauropod collection you have here. I too am a sauropod fan as you may have gathered from my collection thread. Nice diorama pictures too, I can see there will be some good competition.
I of course did not post the best couple of shots that I had in mind for the diorama competition. I do hope to at least give you a run for the money in it, and at least a good try. I appreciate your kind words, and comments. I loved viewing your sauropods and admit to coveting the one I asked about. I wish I had more room to display mine, they tend to eat every inch of free space I give them and ask for more. Very kind thanks.

Libraraptor

On the upper right in the very first pciture: Is it the Schleich Brachiosaurus!

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Libraraptor on July 11, 2012, 01:23:53 PM
On the upper right in the very first pciture: Is it the Schleich Brachiosaurus!

If you are looking at the green colored one that extends past the edge of the picture, that is the DinostoreUS model Brachiosaur. He sits on a small wooden base they provide, and is from the same set as the pictured amargasaurus that is red and black. The massive one in the far back is the only other one you might have meant and is a vinyl model from the Jurassic park horizon set.I hope that helps

amargasaurus cazaui

A few new additions to the sauropod team, monochrome Invictas. The cetiosaur, and the Diplodocus. I must admit I am very fond of the sculpt of the Diplodocus and wish I had owned this one as a kid. It is also a very impressive size.

amargasaurus cazaui

A few repaints alongside the invictas for size compare...that Apatosaurus is rather large.

amargasaurus cazaui

Had not visited my Sauropod collection for a bit so I figured I would add this. The model everyone will recognize, but I just finally purchased it myself The base is courtesy of Bob Morales and was actually made and painted to accompany that piece, so forgive me please my artistic license here. I did find the front feet for the model match the prints Bob had made for his model !!

stoneage

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on April 06, 2013, 10:02:28 PM
Had not visited my Sauropod collection for a bit so I figured I would add this. The model everyone will recognize, but I just finally purchased it myself The base is courtesy of Bob Morales and was actually made and painted to accompany that piece, so forgive me please my artistic license here. I did find the front feet for the model match the prints Bob had made for his model !!

Although this isn't my favorite rendition of Brachiosaurus, the base sets it off extremely well.  If only all figures came with such cool bases.

Libraraptor

I completely forgot following the "Dinosaur groups" over the last few months. Now I´m lucky to have found them again! Nice collection!

Simon

Amarga - Are you going to get Ademar's 1/30 Argentinosaurus through Ikesssauro?  I'm not that big a sauropod guy but this one immediately jumped to #1 on my list - I plan to build a S. American Cretaceous dio around it ...

tyrantqueen

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on August 23, 2012, 02:15:01 AM
A few repaints alongside the invictas for size compare...that Apatosaurus is rather large.

I love the Horizon Apatosaurus, it's such a gorgeous retro piece :)

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Simon on April 21, 2013, 11:12:17 PM
Amarga - Are you going to get Ademar's 1/30 Argentinosaurus through Ikesssauro?  I'm not that big a sauropod guy but this one immediately jumped to #1 on my list - I plan to build a S. American Cretaceous dio around it ...
I would love to get my hands on one, but not sure if I can afford it. It is a gorgeous model.I do have the feeling  that model is solid resin it will cost a pretty penny just shipping one from its locale to north america.I definitely would like to get one though.....

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: