News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syndicate Bias

The Giganotosaurus and Spinosaurus and amargasarus are probably the best things that will be coming out in a while. At least to me that is. Hopefully PNSO released them all close to one another the shipping would probably be fine I think since they go through Amazon as far as I'm concerned

Halichoeres

Quote from: Tylosaurus Rev.A2 on August 29, 2018, 09:00:34 AM
Hello , what did I miss? xD

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres thanks for mentioning me bud :) But I already have  the PNSO Chungkingosaurus, as I have no need for duplicates :)
Which you can check out here:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5535.msg213316#msg213316

Oh I meant the smaller version that's going to be released with the Yangchuanosaurus. If it's actually 1:35 it would be roughly the size of a standard CollectA or Safari figure.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 30, 2018, 11:57:46 PM
Quote from: Tylosaurus Rev.A2 on August 29, 2018, 09:00:34 AM
Hello , what did I miss? xD

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres thanks for mentioning me bud :) But I already have  the PNSO Chungkingosaurus, as I have no need for duplicates :)
Which you can check out here:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5535.msg213316#msg213316

Oh I meant the smaller version that's going to be released with the Yangchuanosaurus. If it's actually 1:35 it would be roughly the size of a standard CollectA or Safari figure.

It will be interesting a yangchuanosaurus, more taking into account that we only have Carnegie's version of "dinosaurs of China" as the only reference among the main dinosaur empxresas.

I do not care that it is a standard size.

acro-man

NEWS - new Wilson HAVE LIPS!!!
(not confirmed)

喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

mgaguilar

Quote from: acro-man on September 12, 2018, 02:18:38 AM
NEWS - new Wilson HAVE LIPS!!!
(not confirmed)

SO EXCITED. I haven't bought the original yet, but this seems like a fantastic reason to do so.
Hope new paint schemes happen as well. Looking forward to the new releases.

Syndicate Bias

I came to this thread expecting to be pleasantly surprised that somehow the PNSO Giganotosaurus was released today alas I leave with crippling depression ;-;

KeU

This is good news that they are correcting their sculpts.
Gives me hope that they will update the Giga as well.
Not too hot on the new paint scheme for Wilson though.

Minmiminime

It looks a little odd, but I think what they've done is just remodel the lower jaw without adjusting the upper lip line at all! I still consider this a massive improvement, but prefer the original darker colour scheme. This version looks a bit like the colours of a Jazz ice cream lolly (they taste better than they look..!) It's great to know they're busy and pressing ahead with things, though 😊
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Shonisaurus

I do not understand paleontology, but then, did tyrannosaurus rex have lips that prevented the teeth from being visualized when closing the mouths? I thought that the theropods like tyrannosaurus rex had their teeth visible when they closed their mouths, but if that is more scientific, I celebrate it. Zhao Chuang will know more than me in my case of paleontology.

Minmiminime

The current thinking is that it is likely that the teeth were hidden beneath soft tissues, rather like a komodo dragon, as this would be the most likely ancestral condition and would help to reduce moisture loss. Until Greg Paul, most dinosaur reconstructions had more extensive facial tissues! However, there are valid counter arguments. It's a complex issue that may even have varied between groups or species, and there is a thread on this forum discussing possible facial tissues in T. rex, here http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6494.0 😊

I'm not convinced either way, but would prefer to see it done properly if they're going to do it at all. So, this revised version of Wilson still won't be on my priority list!
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: KeU on September 12, 2018, 03:43:17 PM

I hope not, don't need a Giganotosaurus with lips I already have the Rebor Carno for that

KeU

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on September 13, 2018, 03:02:03 AM
Quote from: KeU on September 12, 2018, 03:43:17 PM
I hope not, don't need a Giganotosaurus with lips I already have the Rebor Carno for that
I was actually just hoping that PNSO correct the head sculpt of the Giganotosaurus.
Since the current one is plain wrong.
But now that you mentioned it, if they is going with lips on the Tyrannosaurus, it will only make sense to be consistent and have them on the other Theropods.
Maybe except the Spinosaurus.
Personally, I would prefer the toothy grins.

Shonisaurus

I like the dinosaurs of PNSO but sincerely I am satisfied with the previous version of the tyrannosaurus Wilson. The tyrannosaurus with lips honestly I will not buy it for several reasons, saving money and space.

Rodrigo Clemente

Theory of dinosaur lips is that the only terrestrial animals with exposed teeth today are Crocodilians who spend much of their lives in the water, exposed teeths in terrestrial animals would lost their teeth in a short time due to inclement weather exposure and for me really makes sense if you search for land animals with exposed teeth nows a day.

KeU

Elephants, warthogs, musk deer, etc all have teeth exposed don't they?

Jose S.M.

Quote from: KeU on September 29, 2018, 12:41:05 AM

Yeah but only their tusks not all of them like Dinosaurs are mostly portrayed.

DinoToyForum

I think there is a thread about exposed teeth vs lips somewhere on the forum?

stargatedalek

Quote from: KeU on September 29, 2018, 12:41:05 AM
Their teeth are blunt and smooth, worn down by the elements. Even crocodile teeth are smooth and comparatively blunt. None of them have serrated teeth or teeth that narrow along a sharpened edge like theropods do.

Syndicate Bias

I opened this thread expecting the new releases news PNSO was supposed to give before October the first...I leave in tears now

Also please no lips, I think that's one thing I'd let slip by lol

KeU

All valid points, all what I am trying to get across is that there are terrestrial animals with exposed teeth.
Regardless of shape or function.
If Theropods shed their teeth regularly, that will account for exposure to the elements by replacing teeth often like sharks.
Besides, we have dug up existence of purely land based crocodiles right, they are doing something right with exposed teeth.
I think lips are the most probable scenario but it is still a possibility of exposed teeth.

We are getting side tracked.
The conversation can be moved here:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5567.0

If not, Syndicate Bias will be getting excited for nothing again.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: