News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

They italicise the genus names. 8)

ceratopsian

Well observed. Definite Brownie points to them for this!  It supports their claim to be scientific as well as art based. And it counterbalances their predilection for giving their models human names. But of course, they are really aimed at children!  I am always intrigued by wondering what happens when those human names are in Chinese. What does something like "Brown" or "Duke" become?

Quote from: dinotoyforum on November 15, 2018, 06:35:19 PM
They italicise the genus names. 8)

Ravonium

Quote from: suspsy on November 15, 2018, 05:55:06 PM
Incidentally, I was informed by MiniZoo that they're hoping to start stocking PNSO next year.  :)

While we're at it, STS member 'QuollMate' posted that ED is working with PNSO to get the new lineup in their store, which I'm sure will be good news to a lot of the forum  :)

Also, they've added a few more minis to the Amazon.com page. Sadly though, still no Nemicolopterus  :'(

KeU

Quote from: ceratopsian on November 15, 2018, 06:51:38 PM
Well observed. Definite Brownie points to them for this!  It supports their claim to be scientific as well as art based. And it counterbalances their predilection for giving their models human names. But of course, they are really aimed at children!  I am always intrigued by wondering what happens when those human names are in Chinese. What does something like "Brown" or "Duke" become?
Those get translated phonetically.
So Brown becomes 布朗 (Bu Lang) and Duke becomes 杜克 (Du Ke)
They did it that way for Wilson and Doyle too.

ceratopsian

avatar_KeU @KeU: thank you. My curiosity is satisfied!

KeU

Quote from: ceratopsian on November 15, 2018, 09:44:24 PM
avatar_KeU @KeU: thank you. My curiosity is satisfied!
Anytime my friend.
Glad to help.

Ravonium

Just received the Keichousaurus! First impressions of it so far are pretty good 8) The tail does look a bit shorter than most specimens I've seen, but I've also seen some specimens with tails that short. I'll post some out of box photos and a more detailed review of it later :)

Halichoeres

Ooh, these reached the UK quickly! Exciting to see these finally showing up. Mine are on order but not supposed to land for a couple more weeks.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

Those PNSO miniatures look very good. The Keichousaurus looks like a miniature as good as its predecessors. Hopefully PNSO will be encouraged with a bit of luck to market the amargasaurus and spinosaurus would be great news. Honestly, the figure that I like the most is undoubtedly the nemicolopterus pterosaur, I hope to buy it at Amazon or on Ebay that miniature is a figure of a collector apart from the educational content intended for children.

Ravonium

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 17, 2018, 01:06:16 PM
Ooh, these reached the UK quickly! Exciting to see these finally showing up. Mine are on order but not supposed to land for a couple more weeks.

Yes, the UK does seem to be getting these earlier than other Western countries. Whatever the reason, it's unusual enough that Amazon predicted that the model would arrive at least over a week from now (avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian was this the same for you?).

ceratopsian

avatar_Ravonium @Ravonium: yes the same. I placed the order on 8th and the earliest suggested date was 24th. However past experience suggested it might arrive anywhere from a week to a fortnight. Probably closer to a week, given that the two toys didn't cost enough to attract VAT, so no sojourn with customs likely.

Shonisaurus

By the way, any online toy or toy dinosaur company is interested in selling these figures? I hope that everythingdinosaur will sell them as it did with previous versions of dinosaurs.

Otherwise I will have to ask for them like everyone else on Amazon or eBay.

Ravonium

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 17, 2018, 09:31:18 PM
By the way, any online toy or toy dinosaur company is interested in selling these figures? I hope that everythingdinosaur will sell them as it did with previous versions of dinosaurs.

I have seen a post on STS stating that ED is planning to get them in, and suspsy posted earlier in this thread that he was informed by Minizoo that they're planning to stock PNSO figures.

stegosauria

Quote from: K.Bela on November 14, 2018, 10:35:16 AM
Re posting avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian : I wrote to PNSO about my issue, and they changed the settings on Amazon. :) PNSO models and figure are now shipped to my little country, Hungary, as well.
They are back, tending to customers, informing them, etc. And that post about the coming of big guys... PNSO is activated. ;)

avatar_K.Bela @K.Bela I would suggest you wait a little. If you order outside of the EU (and its value above 22 euros including shipping) you have to deal with some administration and you have to pay 27% ÁFA and 2500Ft handling fee. Plus the administration took a few weeks (for me it was 3 weeks and I sent the needed forms as soon as I can). If you order from EverythingDinosaur from the UK you only have to wait a week or so (and not a month) and the post would simply deliver it to you. I ordered all of my PNSO figures from them except the Seven Little Dinosaurs set (acro-man helped with that which I'm still grateful to him). And they're really helpful if you have any problem and you ask them.

Here's this article (it helped me): http://www.origo.hu/gazdasag/20170614-harmadik-orszagbol-online-webshopokon-rendelt-aruk-vamolasa.html#

And your avatar image looks good. You took that yourself in the Natural History Museum in Budapest?

K.Bela

Quote from: stegosauria on November 19, 2018, 02:39:41 PM
avatar_K.Bela @K.Bela I would suggest you wait a little. If you order outside of the EU (and its value above 22 euros including shipping) you have to deal with some administration and you have to pay 27% ÁFA and 2500Ft handling fee. Plus the administration took a few weeks (for me it was 3 weeks and I sent the needed forms as soon as I can). If you order from EverythingDinosaur from the UK you only have to wait a week or so (and not a month) and the post would simply deliver it to you. I ordered all of my PNSO figures from them except the Seven Little Dinosaurs set (acro-man helped with that which I'm still grateful to him). And they're really helpful if you have any problem and you ask them.

Here's this article (it helped me): http://www.origo.hu/gazdasag/20170614-harmadik-orszagbol-online-webshopokon-rendelt-aruk-vamolasa.html#

And your avatar image looks good. You took that yourself in the Natural History Museum in Budapest?

Thank you for the head's-up! Well, I've already placed an order on Amazon, albeit it's just 4 figurines. We'll see, how much extra I have to pay... Everything Dinosaur is good, I hope they'll stock the new line of PNSO figurines. Also, I wonder what we'll do when the brexit comes through? Custom process for the goods coming from the UK, again? :\

Yeah, at first I thought about some dinosaur-patriotism. ;) But now I will change my avatar for something I even more like! :)

Sim

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on May 06, 2018, 09:26:11 PM
https://m.facebook.com/pnso2009/photos/a.820728748025324.1073741828.814219578676241/1677589235672600/?type=3&source=48

They posted a microraptor silhouette or archeopteryx
Quote from: Sim on May 06, 2018, 11:39:39 PM
The feathering isn't correct for Microraptor or Archaeopteryx.  Maybe it's Anchiornis.

I find it odd that PNSO never posted anything more about this, unless I missed it somehow.  It looks like it's the Changyuraptor in PNSO's book, as can be seen in one of the photos kindly uploaded by avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian in Reply #10 here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=7413.msg219391#msg219391

ceratopsian

Amazon.com now has the full range of minis up for sale.

Ravonium

Since the last update, 3 more minis have been posted in outdoor photos:

Minmiminime

That Tianyulong must be mine 😻
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

ceratopsian

Quote from: Minmiminime on November 21, 2018, 08:41:34 PM
That Tianyulong must be mine 😻

I ordered mine this afternoon!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: