News:

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2024. Deadline for submissions is October 29th 2024. Contest details here.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

acro-man

hi folks,

sorry for being late. busy with a new concept car autoshow lately.
manged to work out.... something

PRICE CHART
the cost consists of simply 3 parts

SCENARIO 1:
you are in USA/Canada, you buy a Shantungosaurus + a Mandschurosaurus
the box is 40*20*20 (equivalent weight 3.2kg)
the goods cost 100+100=200RMB
China domestic delivery costs 30RMB
international shipping costs 100+110 =220RMB
TOTAL COST = 450 RMB = 70 USD (estimated)

SCENARIO 2:
you are in USA/Canada, you buy a Shantungosaurus + a Mandschurosaurus + a Huanghetitan
the box is 70*50*30 (equivalent weight 21kg)
the goods cost 100+100+200=400RMB
China domestic delivery costs 70RMB
international shipping costs 100+880=980RMB
TOTAL COST = 1450 RMB = 225 USD (estimated)

shipping takes bigger proportion in every scenario.

if the cost doesn't scare you away... you can read on....

CASE 1: YOU CAN READ CHINESE
good, you can buy them directly from Taobao.
1. set an address outside of China.
2. when you confirm the order, "Tabao international shipping" automatically pops up.
3. select a shipping company you want.
4. when the goods reach their warehouse, there will be a "shipping cost" added to your order now.
5. finish payment and follow the "tracking number" til you get them.

CASE 2: YOU DON'T READ CHINESE
well then, same as the above steps,
only it's me dealing with Taobao this time....

lastly,
RECOMMENDED DINOS:
Huanghetitan - 5 star masterpiece, brings massive shipping cost though
Mandschurosaurus - 4.5 star zombie stance
Shantungosaurus - 5 star masterpiece
Lufengosaurus - 4 star elegance
Euhelopus - 4.5 star elegance, almost IMPOSSIBLE for shipping. too many reports on a broken neck during domestic delivery.
Yutyrannus/t-rex - 0 star disaster.

so, feel free to email me about it (the PM verification questions are killing me...)
hope more people can enjoy Chinese dinosaurs. :)
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Blade-of-the-Moon

Pricing sounds fine to me , Scenario 2 is actually 150 USD + less than Monsterhouse.  I might need a week or two to get the funds but count me in for Scenario 2 and Opt 2 if you don't mind the imposition.   Very much appreciated all around!

Simon

They arrived to me today.   ;D ;D ;D

I might try to get some pics up over the weekend.  The two giant sauropods are absolutely magnificent, the two Hadrosaurs are the best non-resin hadrosaur models I have ever seen.  I give each of these 5 out of 5 stars.

The Trex is a beautiful sculpt, but is contorted in a twisting, rearing pose that makes standing on its own two feet impossible.  The tail is also way too bent to one side and looks too long, perhaps due to "tripod" consideration.  I give the TRex a 2.5 out of 5 stars.  If it was in a normal pose it would rate 5 stars, but again, the pose (not the sculpt accuracy which is A+ like the other 4 models listed above) is very awkward and problematic from a display standpoint.  The TRex is also the smallest scale of all the models, making it much larger than the Shantungosaurus (makes it look like Anatotitan). 

Happily, all of the dinos come with clear plastic "stands" that help to keep the limbs in place during transit.  Also useful for display.

I did not get the Lufengosaurus so no review of that one....

acro-man

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 15, 2016, 07:04:33 AM
Pricing sounds fine to me , Scenario 2 is actually 150 USD + less than Monsterhouse.  I might need a week or two to get the funds but count me in for Scenario 2 and Opt 2 if you don't mind the imposition.   Very much appreciated all around!

pleasure to help~ ;)
喜欢收集和P图

acro-man

Quote from: Simon on April 15, 2016, 07:30:13 AM

I might try to get some pics up over the weekend.  The two giant sauropods are absolutely magnificent, the two Hadrosaurs are the best non-resin hadrosaur models I have ever seen.  I give each of these 5 out of 5 stars.

The Trex is a beautiful sculpt, but is contorted in a twisting, rearing pose that makes standing on its own two feet impossible.  The tail is also way too bent to one side and looks too long, perhaps due to "tripod" consideration.  I give the TRex a 2.5 out of 5 stars.  If it was in a normal pose it would rate 5 stars, but again, the pose (not the sculpt accuracy which is A+ like the other 4 models listed above) is very awkward and problematic from a display standpoint.  The TRex is also the smallest scale of all the models, making it much larger than the Shantungosaurus (makes it look like Anatotitan). 

Happily, all of the dinos come with clear plastic "stands" that help to keep the limbs in place during transit.  Also useful for display.

wow! that's some compliment indeed!
i will tell the chinese dinosaur forum that the sculpts are very welcomed and see if they can open an overseas purchase portal sometime.
喜欢收集和P图

Blade-of-the-Moon

they sound awesome, can't wait to see the reviews!

postsaurischian

My Mandschurosaurus has arrived today :D. What an awesome ornithopod figure!
It stands perfectly and has a very nice paintjob - the overall quality is similar to the Kaiyodo Dinoland series.
Giving Mandschurosaurus a total length of 800 cm this model is exactly in 1:20 (39 cm total length), wonderfully sculpted with a lot of detail.

I highly recommend the Mandschurosaurus to everybody who's collecting 1:20 Dinosaurs!!!!!

Blown away by the quality of this one, I really want the Huanghetitan now ^-^!

Albertosaurus

Can you guys post some pictures??

By the way, Acro-man, what about those of us who live in Europe? Cause both of your scenarios are for USA/Canada residents. Are the same prices applicable?

I will be in Japan this August and of course I will be visiting the Fukui Dinosaur Museum. I wonder if I will get the chance to get these dino models there in Japan...

Paleogene Pals

Thank you postsaurischian! Now that I know the Mandschurosaurus is 1:20 and similar in quality to the Kaiyodo Dinoland series, I will be getting it.  :)

Albertosaurus

Guys, can you also say how and from where did you get yours?

ceratopsian

Quote from: Albertosaurus on April 16, 2016, 04:39:55 PM

By the way, Acro-man, what about those of us who live in Europe? Cause both of your scenarios are for USA/Canada residents. Are the same prices applicable?

I'm another European who would be interested, acro-man.

Yutyrannus

The TRex is also the smallest scale of all the models, making it much larger than the Shantungosaurus (makes it look like Anatotitan).
Anatosaurus is actually just as huge as Shantungosaurus...

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

MLMjp

Quote from: Yutyrannus on April 17, 2016, 08:53:39 AM
The TRex is also the smallest scale of all the models, making it much larger than the Shantungosaurus (makes it look like Anatotitan).
Anatosaurus is actually just as huge as Shantungosaurus...

1-I think you guys mean "Edmontosaurus annectens" those genus have been found to be synonyms of the former ;)

2-As huge as Shantungosaurus?? Last time I recall Edmontosaurus had a max length of 12-13 meters and Shantungosaurus 16 meters. Both of them are big for sure but Shantungosaurus is still somewhat bigger. :o

Simon

Quote from: MLMjp on April 17, 2016, 11:18:57 AM

1-I think you guys mean "Edmontosaurus annectens" those genus have been found to be synonyms of the former ;)

No, actually I meant to say "Trachodon".  (Runs away)  >:D

postsaurischian

Quote from: Albertosaurus on April 16, 2016, 04:39:55 PM
Can you guys post some pictures??

....... more pictures here.

Quote from: Albertosaurus on April 16, 2016, 05:14:27 PM
Guys, can you also say how and from where did you get yours?

I got mine directly from Monster House HK (cheaper than eBay) with the help of a DTF member, because I don't do facebook.

Quote from: Simon on April 17, 2016, 05:55:10 PM
No, actually I meant to say "Trachodon".  (Runs away)  >:D

:D One of my childhood heroes! Another reason why I had to get the Mandschurosaurus. By the way - thanks again ;).

Yutyrannus

Quote from: MLMjp on April 17, 2016, 11:18:57 AM

2-As huge as Shantungosaurus?? Last time I recall Edmontosaurus had a max length of 12-13 meters and Shantungosaurus 16 meters. Both of them are big for sure but Shantungosaurus is still somewhat bigger. :o
Many people believe it should still be a distinct genus from Edmontosaurus, just like with Pectinodon and Troodon.

I was referring to MOR 1142.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Albertosaurus

It looks amazing!! It just needs to be repainted and those seams filled.  By the way, is it HOLLOW?? How much did you end up paying for it?

terrorchicken

QuoteSCENARIO 1:
you are in USA/Canada, you buy a Shantungosaurus + a Mandschurosaurus
the box is 40*20*20 (equivalent weight 3.2kg)
the goods cost 100+100=200RMB
China domestic delivery costs 30RMB
international shipping costs 100+110 =220RMB
TOTAL COST = 450 RMB = 70 USD (estimated)

so if I buy just one of them, it will cost me $35(USD)?

docronnie

Nice huge models .... hope they're not hollow.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Flaffy

I think they are hollow... :-\

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: