News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeapingLaelaps

I need to save up for BotM stuff but oh, that Spino...

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: mgaguilar on March 24, 2019, 10:00:08 PM
Here is the link for the Spinosaurus. There's also a lipped Wilson!

Well at least the paint job isn't as sub par to the original for the spino

I guess nobody knows when exactly PNSO will start selling them aside from this week?

Shonisaurus

The PNSO chungkingosaurus and yangchuanosaurus set seems to be resin.

I believe that the stegosaurus, ankylosaurus and tyrannosaurus without lips will be of solid PVC.

On the other hand the spinosaurus of PNSO I think it will be solid PVC, although I sincerely like the figure very much I think that my favorite is still Papo perhaps without being as scientific as versions of Safari or PNSO.

The PNSO stegosaurus is very nice but I like the scientific version of Doug more than the rest of the figures.

If the PNSO chungkingosaurus and yangchuanosaurus is a set of solid PVC or vinyl and not resin, I am totally convinced that I will buy it.

On the other hand I will buy the tyrannosaurus with PNSO lips because that will be a true work of art worth seeing.

The PNSO stegosaurus and ankylosaurus I like although I have preferences towards other PVC or vinyl figures.

We have to wait for the PNSO giganotosaurus, perhaps another of the gems that still need to be commercialized by PNSO together with the spinosaurus, chungkingosaurus and yangchuanosaurus of PNSO. I have to say that in my case I will buy a figure at most or two at the most of PNSO every month for reasons of saving and saving my budget. I sincerely want to "disengage" from the brutal expense of dinosaurs, especially when it is very expensive for me and I have several open fronts of dinosaur brands and other prehistoric toy animals. Sincerely I will celebrate that many members of the forum for their fortune can buy all these beauties I will be happy for them as if it were a purchase of mine.

PhilSauria

Thanks for the image mgaguilar - looks to be quite a biggie having the Amargs and Wilson close by to provide a size comparison. That PNSO Spino was already on my list, determined as I am to acquire all of the new releases in this the Year of the Spinosaurus!

Have the Schleich, I'm on a list for the Papo and will be snapping up the Safari and Rebor when the former finally becomes available here and if the latter actually sees the light of day in retail terms.

So many Dinosaurs and so little money - think I'll have to get a second job.

ceratopsian

Everything Dinosaur have posted that they expect their PNSO shipment tomorrow.  Presumably not including these new four!  But I hope to get the large Ceratosaurus and some of the minis I didn't import via Amazon.

KeU

Can't really tell from here if Wilson has lips.
Do you have a better picture?

mgaguilar

Quote from: KeU on March 25, 2019, 12:14:57 PM
Can't really tell from here if Wilson has lips.
Do you have a better picture?

You are correct in that assumption. My apologies for any confusion. I do not, the image on the baidu website was very low quality.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on March 24, 2019, 10:52:46 PM

Well at least the paint job isn't as sub par to the original for the spino

I guess nobody knows when exactly PNSO will start selling them aside from this week?

Renecito

Quote from: mgaguilar on March 23, 2019, 09:13:23 PM
Quote from: PhilSauria on March 23, 2019, 09:08:20 PM
Still giving us a good look at Wilson even though you may not be happy with the photos Syndicate, nice feature close ups of the surface detail.

Wish I'd bought this one back close to its initial release - so may Dinosaurs so little money! This thing is rarely listed for less than a three-figure amount these days!, or close enough to it so that the tax we have to pay for imports here would kick it up to that amount anyway.

Who knows it may drop in price sooner or later. Vigilance and patience.

avatar_PhilSauria @PhilSauria just a head's up, those were the photos that I got of the updated Wilson that just arrived at my house last night.
I recommend checking out Amazon Phil, the price is much more affordable now than it was for the past year.
I've got it at $65.99 at the moment and arrived at just under two weeks:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PK88ZF1

And thanks avatar_Killekor @Killekor and S @Syndicate Bias! So excited to finally have it.
S @Syndicate Bias I can't wait for you to do a comparison between all your Gigas after the PNSO comes out. Gonna be one heck of a shot.

Here are some quick color-neutral ones from this morning. Sorry about the saturation last night, I like to keep my color temps warm before bed. ;)

What a beautiful model, this new paint job is outstanding, even better than original IMO. i love it!!!! Thank you for posting those awesome pictures!!!!
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

mgaguilar

avatar_Renecito @Renecito No problem! I jumped at the chance to have a Wilson since the only reason I didn't get one was because of the prices on eBay and other sites were showing as >$90.00. And everyone I knew on here had sterling recommendations for PNSO quality and aesthetic, so it was a no-brainer. This new paint job just convinced me that the old color scheme may well be worth that price, and I may be ordering one soon.
AND not forgetting the NEW Wilson with lips is coming soon so that will be another. And the Spino is another... and the Giga, which will be another. -_-' But I love it!

The eye is also so realistic looking. I find the figure to be mesmerizing to stare at because of the gloss on the eye, as well as the green-ish colors. I hope the older paint job is just as fantastic.

PhilSauria

I'll be watching both Wilsons to see if the release of the new one brings the price of the old one down (unlikely) or if the new one will be offered at an affordable price (for me).

I did get Doyle back at the time of release but the new one is not different enough for me to pay PNSO prices and buy that one again, especially not in light of all of the new (and not re-vamped) figures on the horizon!

Syndicate Bias

Since a stego and ankylo that were never seen before are releasing soon I'm hoping they tackle a Carcharodontosaurus or Mapusaurus soon. I'm still checking Amazon for the spino. Any day now

Takama

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on March 26, 2019, 04:23:51 AM
Since a stego and ankylo that were never seen before are releasing soon I'mhoping they tackle a Carcharodontosaurus or Mapusaurussoon. I'm still checking Amazon for the spino. Any day now

I think that those two would be way too simaler to There Giganotosaurus. If They are like most comapneys, they might not do species that are simaler for there specific lines.

Who knows, though. Maybe they will surprise us. ;)

Tyrannosauron

Does Wilson still come with the book and postcards that were included with the earlier release?

Shonisaurus

avatar_Tyrannosauron @Tyrannosauron I have the new PNSO Wilson tyrannosaurus rex and unfortunately he does not have the postcards and the book of his predecessor. I'm sorry to disappoint you.

KeU

I think that is part of the reason why the new Wilson is cheaper.
I wonder if the box is smaller as well. That will save on shipping.
And we know the listed price on amazon does include shipping even when they claim it 'free shipping'.

Anyone kind enough to check on the new box dimensions?
I will measure the original release box when I get back home from work.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: KeU on March 27, 2019, 03:05:57 PM
And we know the listed price on amazon does include shipping even when they claim it 'free shipping'.

Wilson isn't sold by Amazon.
It's sold by a reseller called Yiniao Sci-Art.
Yiniao Sci-Art is the company behind PNSO.
So Wilson is sold directly by PNSO.
Every Amazon' reseller can set the shipping price and it does not depend on Amazon.
Aliexpress is a sort of Amazon from China.
If you buy from Aliexpress, shipping prices are extremely low or even free of charge.
I suppose that chinese companies have some sort of agreement with their Government or China Post for a low cost export about chinese products.
I think that Yiniao only pay Amazon to be hosted on the website.
On chinese websites (like Taobao) PNSO' prices are lower..
:)

KeU

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on March 27, 2019, 04:43:55 PM
Every Amazon' reseller can set the shipping price and it does not depend on Amazon.
If you buy from Aliexpress, shipping prices are extremely low or even free of charge.
I suppose that chinese companies have some sort of agreement with their Government or China Post for a low cost export about chinese products.
As I said, sold on amazon, not sold by amazon.
There is a marked difference between those 2 lettered words.
I agree sellers can set what they want.
What I am trying to say is the shipping costs are very likely to be included in the listed price so that they can claim free shipping.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: KeU on March 27, 2019, 05:53:49 PM
What I am trying to say is the shipping costs are very likely to be included in the listed price so that they can claim free shipping.

Still cheaper than the original PNSO rex

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: KeU on March 27, 2019, 05:53:49 PM

To be precise, shipping price to my Country is not free but USD 0,90.

..But, if it's a trick and shipping is included, I have just a question for you..
In the past I received items directly from China.
Shipping prices from a private to a private person were from 6USD to 15USD (to my Country, for small packages ).
Not less than than (I still have invoices).
I'm talking about very small and lightweight packages.
So, for a small package, the international shipping price to my Country is around 8 USD.
But Yiniao sells PNSO Minis for USD 5,99 + free shipping (..to be precise + 0,90 USD).

( https://www.amazon.com/PNSO-Little-Dinosaurs-Triceratops-3/dp/B01M5FPPD3/ref=sr_1_5?crid=892FN4D2BBSD&keywords=pnso+dinosaurs&qid=1553714352&s=gateway&sprefix=pnso+dino%2Caps%2C232&sr=8-5 )

Something sounds strange..

So, probably, shipping price is really for free (or almost) and/or Yiniao has a very small ( or reduced) shipping price (probably through an agreement with China Post or something..).
Am I wrong?
???

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: