News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dobber

Awesome news! I just ordered one!

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Silvanusaurus

So is it just me or are the hands on the Spinosaurus really, really weird?

There are two fingers and then a thumb that seems to protrude half way up the lower arm, I haven't seen that on a Spinosaurus before, what is the meaning of this? I'm not very up to date with Science so maybe I'm missing something, but it looks really bizarre.
Anyway, as far as the figure overall goes, it's beautifully detailed but there is still something lacking for me. Maybe it's weight, or flesh, or dynamism? I find it very hard fathoming how this animal is actually standing off the ground like that, or even how it would move to be there. I wish they had gone all out with a swimming/floating pose. Is it too much to ask that someone make a Spinosaurus with a bit of rotundity, or is that unfashionable now? 

LeapingLaelaps

Yeah the hands/thumb seem super strange looking to me too :o

Shonisaurus

I like the spinosaurus of PNSO but for now it is not my favorite although it is a beautiful figure that is confused with a real resin figure and that is immense (half a meter). There is one that has stolen my heart and belongs to Papo. I hope you do not disappoint me.

Ceratosaurus

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on April 02, 2019, 11:39:22 PM

There are two fingers and then a thumb that seems to protrude half way up the lower arm, I haven't seen that on a Spinosaurus before, what is the meaning of this?

Zhao Chuang portrays it the same way in his paleoart.

My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Ceratosaurus on April 03, 2019, 02:35:33 AM
Quote from: Silvanusaurus on April 02, 2019, 11:39:22 PM

There are two fingers and then a thumb that seems to protrude half way up the lower arm, I haven't seen that on a Spinosaurus before, what is the meaning of this?

Zhao Chuang portrays it the same way in his paleoart.

You wouldn't happen to have his Giganotosaurus pictures anywhere on his book? avatar_Ceratosaurus @Ceratosaurus 

Was hoping maybe at least he drew it somewhere in one of them

Ceratosaurus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on April 03, 2019, 03:06:05 AM

You wouldn't happen to have his Giganotosaurus pictures anywhere on his book? avatar_Ceratosaurus @Ceratosaurus 

I will soon. It's cleared customs and could be in my hands this week. This is  from a preview of the book. I can confirm it has a Giganotosaurus in it though.

Preview - https://www.londonbookfair.co.uk/__novadocuments/551515?v=636845308909670000
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

PhilSauria

Not sure what is going on with that hand, considering that the other once seems to be as you would expect.

However it's not enough to stop me placing an order for one of these as soon as I work out the finances.

Syndicate Bias

Mine just shipped. Should be here by Saturday or Monday

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Ceratosaurus on April 03, 2019, 03:26:38 AM
Quote from: Syndicate Bias on April 03, 2019, 03:06:05 AM

I will soon. It's cleared customs and could be in my hands this week. This is  from a preview of the book. I can confirm it has a Giganotosaurus in it though.

Preview - https://www.londonbookfair.co.uk/__novadocuments/551515?v=636845308909670000

Thanks! Can't wait to see what else PNSO has in store.

avatar_acro-man @acro-man where do all those leaks or I guess just pictures come from? The only model leak was the Spinosaurus and the stego and ankylo but nothing regarding anything else. Just curious since my only source is Tieba. sometimes i wish I could know what their schedule was like since who knows what models will be after the Spinosaurus lol. They said maybe Giganotosaurus and Spinosaurus mid year but it's obvious that wasn't the case as it's arrived earlier than expected. Now if only they answered my question regarding Lucas  :-* I'm being Impatient. Apologies

Shonisaurus

I also want the PNSO giganotosaurus, in the absence of figures from this theropod this year it would be great if PNSO commercialized it soon. It is another of my most awaited figures along with spinosaurus. My PNSO spinosaurus will arrive on April 12 but I will not be at home and my Internet will not be operational either, since I am going on vacation from April 10 to 21.

acro-man

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on April 03, 2019, 11:19:04 AM
where do all those leaks or I guess just pictures come from? The only model leak was the Spinosaurus and the stego and ankylo but nothing regarding anything else. Just curious since my only source is Tieba. sometimes i wish I could know what their schedule was like since who knows what models will be after the Spinosaurus lol. They said maybe Giganotosaurus and Spinosaurus mid year but it's obvious that wasn't the case as it's arrived earlier than expected. Now if only they answered my question regarding Lucas  :-* I'm being Impatient. Apologies

Well, somebody heard news from PNSO taobao sales rep and spread it. Apparently such "news" often turn into rumours. Because PNSO is unlike big companies like Papo and CollectA who have everything scheduled. The sales rep doesn't know everything, he just says what he knows, like "the production is almost done", and people interpret it as "it will be released next week!!!!"

So the more you hear the more anxious you are, but there's really no such need for that.
What will come will eventually come. Just take it easy, pal.
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: acro-man on April 03, 2019, 01:04:10 PM
Quote from: Syndicate Bias on April 03, 2019, 11:19:04 AM
where do all those leaks or I guess just pictures come from? The only model leak was the Spinosaurus and the stego and ankylo but nothing regarding anything else. Just curious since my only source is Tieba. sometimes i wish I could know what their schedule was like since who knows what models will be after the Spinosaurus lol. They said maybe Giganotosaurus and Spinosaurus mid year but it's obvious that wasn't the case as it's arrived earlier than expected. Now if only they answered my question regarding Lucas  :-* I'm being Impatient. Apologies

Well, somebody heard news from PNSO taobao sales rep and spread it. Apparently such "news" often turn into rumours. Because PNSO is unlike big companies like Papo and CollectA who have everything scheduled. The sales rep doesn't know everything, he just says what he knows, like "the production is almost done", and people interpret it as "it will be released next week!!!!"

So the more you hear the more anxious you are, but there's really no such need for that.
What will come will eventually come. Just take it easy, pal.

Yeee you're right  :) no point in overthinking it.

Baidu is being spammed with dozens of pictures of the Spinosaurus. I think at this point I've got a pretty good idea of how it scales up with most dinos judging from that one comparison someone did with it and a rebor t rex and Wilson and the vitae giga. If the angles aren't weird and the pics are correct then that is one massive model

Halichoeres

The hand looks to me like the proximal phalanges of digits II-III are webbed or syndactylous, in both the figure and the painting. That seems pretty reasonable to me, it would be useful for paddling and might also strengthen the manus for weight-bearing. But I don't know anything about theropods.

With all the very nice Spinosaurus figures out this year, the PNSO distinguishes itself by including a noble fish alongside the filthy theropod. It looks like an Onchopristis. a gigantic sawfish that was a contemporary of Spinosaurus. Much more appopriate than the Xiphactinus that came with the Pegasus kit. I don't know why its dorsal fin is all flopped over; that happens to beached cetaceans but I don't think a sawfish fin would be so flaccid.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Ceratosaurus

avatar_Toasaurus @Toasaurus if you check Amazon mine says it now will deliver the Spinosaurus to Canada.

Toasaurus

Quote from: Ceratosaurus on April 03, 2019, 07:34:59 PM
avatar_Toasaurus @Toasaurus if you check Amazon mine says it now will deliver the Spinosaurus to Canada.
great deffently gonna pick it up

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 03, 2019, 06:06:35 PM
The hand looks to me like the proximal phalanges of digits II-III are webbed or syndactylous, in both the figure and the painting. That seems pretty reasonable to me, it would be useful for paddling and might also strengthen the manus for weight-bearing. But I don't know anything about theropods.

That makes sense, especially if it's weight bearing (given the standing pose), but then still makes those digits look really weirdly long.

PhilSauria

Not amused to check in at Ali Express this morning and find that the sole listing for the Spinosaurus has now risen from $104 to $110 Australian. They are the only retailer available to me to have orders sent over here.

I was just juggling some finances towards placing an order and now this. I think I'll just give up!

Shonisaurus

As you can see the most indicated is to buy in this case the dinosaurs of PNSO in Amazon or Aliexpress, I passed a link to inflated prices on eBay. The difference in euros with respect to Amazon and Aliexpress of the PNSO spinosaurus with respect to eBay are obvious, link spinosaurus PNSO on eBay,

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PNSO-Rare-Spinosaurus-Jurassic-Dinosaur-Museum-Class-Model-Figure-Fast-shipping/264267686703?hash=item3d8794e32f:g:l-kAAOSw18BcpLIx&frcectupt=true

It's crazy price!

On the other hand, as can be seen in one of his images, the jaw is articulated.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: