News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gfxtwin

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on April 04, 2019, 08:57:42 AM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 04, 2019, 07:37:18 AM
The PNSO spinosaurus is beautiful and huge. I am glad that they have commercialized this figure, mine is already on the way to Amazon. I hope it will arrive on April 12, at that time I will be on vacation until April 31 and my computer will not be operational. I get the impression that I will accumulate several dinosaurs in the concierge of my house.  ::)

I'm just glad I'll get this one in the post soon. It's getting ready to ship to me today.  Hopefully this weekend I'll have it by then.

I sometimes stare at the Amargasaurus on my shelf and remind myself about a little while back when PNSO went down and I never thought we'd ever get our hands on any of the PNSO models. For me it was mostly the Giganotosaurus, Spinosaurus and Amargasaurus. Nevertheless it's quite the thrill to see them on my shelf and not in pictures of what could've been like before  ^-^

Agreed 100%

A year or two ago we caught a glimpse of these impressive products as the company was announcing it's end.  Two years later they're back and look at all the figures that are being released- the same ones we though we might never see the light of day for the public.  It sucks that the shipping prices are high right now depending on where you live, but that will likely change with time as the company grows.  The thing I keep coming back to is how amazing it is these models are going to all be released after all, which was never guaranteed.

RobinGoodfellow

..PNSO Spinosaurus is inspired by Cen Daoyi limited edition resin model (with updated body proportions):

-

KeU

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on April 04, 2019, 03:41:41 PM
..PNSO Spinosaurus is inspired by Cen Daoyi limited edition resin model (with updated body proportions):
Nice find.
Did we get confirmation on that?
I do see many similarities.

acro-man

Disagree.

PNSO Spino prototype was revealed years before Wildfire "Cen Dao Yi" ever had an idea of sculpting one.
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: acro-man on April 04, 2019, 06:09:23 PM
Disagree.

PNSO Spino prototype was revealed years before Wildfire "Cen Dao Yi" ever had an idea of sculpting one.

Doesn't Cen Dao Yi mostly take inspiration from other works? His Giganotosaurus was his take on the Jorge Blanco one for example.

PNSO dinosaurs are designed based on the PNSO book drawings done by Zhao Chuang no? I read somewhere about his childhood and how PNSO came to be how he caught the attention of a science magazine or something because of his drawings. I would believe his sculptures are his own original work based on his own drawings unlike other artists.

postsaurischian

Both sculptures were inspired by Spinosaurus, so it's no wonder that there are quite some similarities.

Silvanusaurus

In these images it actually almost looks bipedal. Are the hands actually suspended off the ground or is it just the angle?

danmalcolm

It's walking on its hind legs. It also looks like you can remove the base and it will stand freely, like Wilson, which is nice if true. I'm wondering though whether the legs are longer than Ibrahim indicated in his paper? Does anyone know?

Shonisaurus

I really like the PNSO spinosaurus and it looks like a piece of resin. However, I keep my preferences (unless I am disappointed) regarding the spinosaurus of Papo, Collecta and Schleich. However focusing on the PNSO spinosaurus that I will receive after Easter holidays (when I arrive at my home) I find a figure of crafts and the base with fish plus the book that comes with the package (even in Chinese) It gives the image of how luxurious this Chinese figure is.

On the other hand as regards the scientific, being a work of Zhao Chuang one of the best modern paleoartists sincerely if he has done that spinosaurus under his supervision and based on his pictorial work for something will be. In my case I am totally cautious with respect to the scientific accuracy of the PNSO spinosaurus since I am uneducated in relation to the subject of paleontology I am simply a collector as one of thousands that exists in the market of the toy dinosaur. The figure is impressive and is a work of art and very beautiful. But frankly I'm still deprived of Papo's spinosaurus for example and I know that many members of the forum will not agree with me (to whom I show my greatest respect if it is the object of offense) but it would be hypocritical if I showed another position different from the spinosaurus of PNSO with respect to that of the other brand. We each have our own tastes, so maybe when I receive Papo's spinosaurus I may get a disappointing surprise because maybe it is not as good as in the promotional photos or in the exhibition, although I want to be optimistic and think that it will be a figure outside of normal even better than the prototype (crossed fingers).

What I said the PNSO spinosaurus is the best thing that has been done from the scientific point of view in the market of collecting and I do not argue.

Dobber

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on April 04, 2019, 03:41:41 PM

-

That's awesome! I just noticed all the crocodilians in the water too! So cool!

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I'm sure it's been asked before (possibly even by me?) but does anyone know how sturdy/fragile the Mamenchisaurus is? I'm starting to want it, but don't want fragile statues on my dinosaur table.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Halichoeres

Quote from: Dobber on April 04, 2019, 11:30:06 PM

That's awesome! I just noticed all the crocodilians in the water too! So cool!

Chris

I agree, all those little croc noggins are a wonderful touch.

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on April 05, 2019, 12:16:50 AM
I'm sure it's been asked before (possibly even by me?) but does anyone know how sturdy/fragile the Mamenchisaurus is? I'm starting to want it, but don't want fragile statues on my dinosaur table.

It feels like the same kind of plastic as a standard Papo. I wouldn't be too concerned about its durability.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

It's not fragile. And now it has a foot peg to help it with being front heavy.

It feels like the plastic of the Amargasaurus. My clumsy husband knocked against that recently in its temporary home and it took a tumble but no sign of any damage.

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on April 05, 2019, 12:16:50 AM

Syndicate Bias

PNSO Spinosaurus will arrive tomorrow for me. I checked USPS Tracking and noticed that it was on priority International Express so that explains why it takes just 5 or 6 days to arrive from China with Amazon.
Don't know how they pay for that kind of shipping but I guess they must have some sort of agreement or wait nevermind. I almost forgot Amazon's Business model lol.

danmalcolm

Can you post pics when it comes? I ordered from AliExpress, gonna be like a month for me I think.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: danmalcolm on April 05, 2019, 08:18:26 PM
Can you post pics when it comes? I ordered from AliExpress, gonna be like a month for me I think.

Will do!

Syndicate Bias

I'll take more pictures later but photos cannot do it's size justice. It's skinny but massive. The plastic is hard like Rebor and Papo and the model is very long. It's bigger than any papo aside from the Brachiosaurus. I'll try to take better pictures but here's a shot of it with everyone in it.

LeapingLaelaps

So I ordered this guy on April 2nd from Amazon, and he already got here! I'm absolutely blown away how quickly he arrived. He's absolutely massive, and absolutely gorgeous.

The only flaw I can see is that there's some pink paint right behind his lower jaw on one side, but you can't see it if his mouth is open. The base he's on is super neat and I love the sad, floppy Onchopristis he's got.

Syndicate Bias

Forgot to mention his jaw is very loose but has no trouble staying closed

postsaurischian

Quote from: LeapingLaelaps on April 06, 2019, 08:29:06 PM

I wasn't sure, but argh! This pic has finally convinced me :D!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: