News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Quote from: Takama on April 28, 2019, 04:29:03 PM
Because Chinease websites a a pain to deal with

Here are the images of the Megalodon, for those who cant figure out how to bypass the Chinease ads that replace the images on the forum

As with T. rex, nobody ever went bust by selling a Megalodon toy. And geez, how often do we see a shark toy with an articulated jaw? PNSO deserves props for that alone!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Halichoeres

Hard pass on that meg. Excited for that Yangchuanosaurus, though, and the Tsintaosaurus and Gigantoraptor if those are resurrected as well.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Silvanusaurus

Is that Megalodon an entirely new sculpt? The skin looks a lot less wrinkled than the original...

postsaurischian

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on April 28, 2019, 06:58:39 PM
Is that Megalodon an entirely new sculpt? The skin looks a lot less wrinkled than the original...

Definitely. And it's smaller. I like it much better than the old vinyl model.

gfxtwin

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on April 27, 2019, 08:59:49 AM

Lucas will be mine at last after all these years  >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

If this is a look at their upcoming releases, it seems to match the sculpts displayed on a shelf in that one pic posted in this thread many pages back.  Which would indicate we might also be getting a Styracosaurs before long, plus additional models displayed on that shelf that aren't shown in this pic.

Shonisaurus

The PNSO is exceptional now market a megalodon with articulated PVC jaw surely. Honestly it is a successful company but buying all the set of figures requires a lot of money, time and space. Honestly in my case I'm going to take a deserved rest after picking up this week the Rebor and Mojo dinosaurs in charge. On the other hand except for the mini tyrannosaurus Battat and big vintage palorchestes (play Visions) (in the case of finding those two figures and the novelties of Favorite apart from the Safari allosaurus I will not spend as far as I am concerned in what remains of This does not mean that I will buy them over time The figures of PNSO are a strong temptation but for economic reasons I will not buy more this year It is excessive and I say the same of other companies I will congratulate those who collect these new PNSO figures.

PNSO has gone through a drought when marketing figures to a true riot of disclosures and commercializations that my pocket can not afford. I will be happy for the DTF members to buy them.

KeU

Just noticed that the base for Ron is different in the picture.

Shonisaurus

By the way, out of curiosity, is PNSO going to perform a new tsintaosaurus? I say this because of the image of the tsintaosaurus lying on the ground.

Toasaurus

With all these new pnso figures revealed do you know which ones are comming out nexts and when is the yangchuanosaurus vs chungkingsaurus coming out soon

Syndicate Bias

I heard 4 next week. we will see monday when news come

Blade-of-the-Moon

mgaguilar

Quote from: Dobber on April 28, 2019, 01:28:03 PM
Quote from: mgaguilar on April 27, 2019, 05:33:38 PM
Quote from: Syndicate Bias on April 27, 2019, 11:32:12 AM

>:D

THERE'S THE BEAUTYYY. S @Syndicate Bias seems like your dreams are slowly coming to fruition.
Would LOVE if the feet were resin. Both my new and old Wilsons will no longer stand straight up upon placement on the base.
I had to detach them and let them go back to the original stance for them to be able to stand on their own and not be lop-sided. Hoping lipped-Wilson will also have resin legs.

Sorry to hear the legs are warping already. Also where are you getting this info on a lipped Wilson? I don't mean to sound accusatory, but your statements are the only place I hear this from. Did I miss something?

That Yutyrannus looks.....odd. The feathering looks like tree bark growing from the back of it's head. I keep thinking if Groot was a dinosaur.. "I AM YOOT!"

Chris

avatar_Dobber @Dobber Unless I am going insane, someone posted a screenshot of a photo of two Wilsons' heads: one of the original, and another of an unpainted prototype which had a Wilson that had its teeth concealed within its lips.
I was searching for a bit, but I can't seem to find it. Seems like I might actually be insane.  :(

avatar_KeU @KeU I do live in a fairly warm area, but my apartment is pretty controlled. It's just the figure's heavy weight and relatively thin supports for the legs. It only started warping after placing it on the stand. The stand guarantees "standing," but does not guarantee that the figure stays straight up. Not placing the figure on the stand guarantees preserving its ability to stand right out of the box, but does not guarantee its ability to stand if it couldn't from the box.

I guess I'm just being a bit picky. I'll run it under hot water later tonight.

ALSO, the new miniMeg's proportions look ridiculous from the photos. Am I right to assume it's a bit exaggerated?

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 29, 2019, 05:14:50 AM
Quote from: Andreioli on April 29, 2019, 03:07:00 AM
The new Meg is out already:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/PNSO-Megalodon-Model-Figure-Action-Shark-Ocean-Animal-Toy-Collector-Decor-Gift/254214501102?hash=item3b305d72ee:g:P04AAOSwmq9cxk4X

It's smaller than the old one.

far less impressive too.

I sincerely like the old vinyl version of the PNSO megalodon and without articulated jaw. Honestly the articulated jaw of the PNSO megalodon makes the figure unattractive. It would be a hypocrite if I said the opposite but it is for me it is the least finished megalodon that I know in the serious market of prehistoric animal collecting.

gursar

Quote from: mgaguilar on April 29, 2019, 05:30:05 AM

THERE'S THE BEAUTYYY. S @Syndicate Bias seems like your dreams are slowly coming to fruition.
Would LOVE if the feet were resin. Both my new and old Wilsons will no longer stand straight up upon placement on the base.
I had to detach them and let them go back to the original stance for them to be able to stand on their own and not be lop-sided. Hoping lipped-Wilson will also have resin legs.

Sorry to hear the legs are warping already. Also where are you getting this info on a lipped Wilson? I don't mean to sound accusatory, but your statements are the only place I hear this from. Did I miss something?

That Yutyrannus looks.....odd. The feathering looks like tree bark growing from the back of it's head. I keep thinking if Groot was a dinosaur.. "I AM YOOT!"

Chris

avatar_Dobber @Dobber Unless I am going insane, someone posted a screenshot of a photo of two Wilsons' heads: one of the original, and another of an unpainted prototype which had a Wilson that had its teeth concealed within its lips.
I was searching for a bit, but I can't seem to find it. Seems like I might actually be insane.  :(

avatar_KeU @KeU I do live in a fairly warm area, but my apartment is pretty controlled. It's just the figure's heavy weight and relatively thin supports for the legs. It only started warping after placing it on the stand. The stand guarantees "standing," but does not guarantee that the figure stays straight up. Not placing the figure on the stand guarantees preserving its ability to stand right out of the box, but does not guarantee its ability to stand if it couldn't from the box.

ALSO, the new miniMeg's proportions look ridiculous from the photos. Am I right to assume it's a bit exaggerated?

I also remember that photo I guess we are experiencing some kind of collective insanity  :))

sorry to hear about the warping problem. A tiny acrylic rod which would be placed to the problematic area for some extra support, creates miracles. I was lucky to have one from colorata figures. but even a toothpick could do the job. I used an acrylic rod just because it would be less visible. it requires no gluing no drilling but just cut the rod to fit the gap and let the gravity does the job. this extra support saved Wilson from several ruthless heat waves in my no air conditioned apartment flat.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: gursar on April 29, 2019, 08:40:42 AM

Chris

I also remember that photo I guess we are experiencing some kind of collective insanity  :))

sorry to hear about the warping problem. A tiny acrylic rod which would be placed to the problematic area for some extra support, creates miracles. I was lucky to have one from colorata figures. but even a toothpick could do the job. I used an acrylic rod just because it would be less visible. it requires no gluing no drilling but just cut the rod to fit the gap and let the gravity does the job. this extra support saved Wilson from several ruthless heat waves in my no air conditioned apartment flat.

I know that none of the members of DTF are not children, but sincerely I would like the feet and legs of the giganotosaurus to be PVC, it is too expensive for a collector like me to buy a showcase to keep such a figure and of such size, when said figure being of PVC I can place it in a shelving without protective glass, independently of that for now I will not buy this figure even if I left this week for reasons of saving and prioritizing in my case the purchase of other figures.

KeU

Quote from: gursar on April 29, 2019, 08:40:42 AM
Also where are you getting this info on a lipped Wilson? I don't mean to sound accusatory, but your statements are the only place I hear this from. Did I miss something?
Dobber, unless I am going insane, someone posted a screenshot of a photo of two Wilsons' heads: one of the original, and another of an unpainted prototype which had a Wilson that had its teeth concealed within its lips.
No, you both are perfectly sane.
Here's the image.

It was posted awhile back.
Right after the huge exhibition PNSO had in Beijing.

Renecito

I think the new megalodon is beautifully sculpted but the reason why it looks less impressive than the previous vinyl version is because of those ridiculous human-like teeth.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Halichoeres

I wonder if this megalodon is part of a new line of less-detailed, more affordable figures, a little like Kaiyodo's Sofubi line.

This figure improves on the original with its simpler texture, as the vinyl version had superfluous detail that made no sense on a shark. However, the head is a horror show that demonstrates why I'm not a fan of articulated figures. Articulated jaws can kind of work on a long-jawed tetrapod, because there really is only one moving element, so it's just the skin and muscle that ends up looking a little funny. But on a fish it just isn't that simple. Lamniform sharks have their upper jaw suspended by ligaments from the cranium, and the lower jaw hangs upon the upper jaw and the hyomandibula (the red-colored element in the diagram below). When a shark strikes, the hyomandibula rotates, shoving the upper and lower jaw forward simultaneously. This changes their orientation relative to the snout, so if you look at photos of a feeding shark, you lose that smooth contour from the upper jaw to the rostrum. Instead, a kink forms where the jaw protrudes and the snout is shoved dorsally and out of the way.

Instead, this toy has the jaw open at an impossible angle, hinged at a location where the joint would no longer be in a real shark, as if it were a lunge-feeding baleen whale. It looks completely ridiculous. This is maybe the worst product PNSO has put out, if it's genuine (that eBay seller has items that are clearly knockoffs).

I suppose kids might like it, but kids are pretty dumb after all.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

LeapingLaelaps

Those teeth are... Interesting ???

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: