News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ceratosaurus

Has anyone seen or posted pics of the new Giga with its mouth shut?
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: danmalcolm on May 09, 2019, 01:23:10 PM
Am I the only one who prefers the Vitae? I like this Giga but it's not quite as pleasing to look at as most of pnsos other dinos.

The head and the extra bump under its jaw are off putting as is the pose that doesn't look fluid to me unlike the Eofauna or Safari or Shane Foulkes Gigas.

PNSO has only one flaw for me which is the smaller measurements on the head but thats about it. I am gonna repaint it to the yellow paint app of the original so colour wise it doesnt bother me

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Ceratosaurus on May 09, 2019, 04:11:59 PM

no but i heard its lipped. So i guess it wont be showing any teeth unless its open

Ceratosaurus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on May 09, 2019, 05:26:44 PM

no but i heard its lipped. So i guess it wont be showing any teeth unless its open

Yeah that's what I figured. Looks like many of their theropods will have lips. I believe their yutyrannus does also.
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Ceratosaurus on May 09, 2019, 05:30:06 PM
Quote from: Syndicate Bias on May 09, 2019, 05:26:44 PM

Yeah that's what I figured. Looks like many of their theropods will have lips. I believe their yutyrannus does also.

Is a yutyrannus also planned this year? That company must be economically buoyant and that is positive for all collectors, since these figures are intended for collectors, not children, sincerely speaking.

They are figures for an adult and trained audience.

Ceratosaurus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 09, 2019, 06:43:21 PM
Is a yutyrannus also planned this year? That company must be economically buoyant and that is positive for all collectors, since these figures are intended for collectors, not children, sincerely speaking.

They are figures for an adult and trained audience.

I'd guess it's on their list. However I can't tell if it looks to be another 1:35 figure. The amount of detail makes me think it's a larger vinyl figure.

Ceratosaurus

Wasn't sure if anyone uploaded a photo of the Yangchuanosaurus for scale purposes.

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Jose S.M. on May 09, 2019, 02:45:29 PM
This Giga looks great, I definately wanted but it'll hurt my wallet  :P . I'm going to save a little more in my "dinosaurs fund" to get it. I think it's one of those umpopular opinions but I never liked Vitae's Giganotosaurus, there's something about it's head and face that was off putting to me, this one looks quite epic but natural at the same time.

I agree about the Vitae, it looks awkwardly unnatural to me, kind of like one of those animatronic statues you see in dinosaur parks. I can't speak for the accuracy of it's proportions, but the PNSO looks much more convincing and dynamic, personally I also find it a lot more appealing than both Wilson the T rex and the Spinosaurus. I just hope ED will be selling it at an affordable price...

KeU

Really liking the top down shot of Lucas and Wilson.
Highlights the mass difference between these Theropod kings.

Ceratosaurus

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on May 09, 2019, 10:05:34 PM
Quote from: Jose S.M. on May 09, 2019, 02:45:29 PM
This Giga looks great, I definately wanted but it'll hurt my wallet  :P . I'm going to save a little more in my "dinosaurs fund" to get it. I think it's one of those umpopular opinions but I never liked Vitae's Giganotosaurus, there's something about it's head and face that was off putting to me, this one looks quite epic but natural at the same time.

I agree about the Vitae, it looks awkwardly unnatural to me, kind of like one of those animatronic statues you see in dinosaur parks. I can't speak for the accuracy of it's proportions, but the PNSO looks much more convincing and dynamic, personally I also find it a lot more appealing than both Wilson the T rex and the Spinosaurus. I just hope ED will be selling it at an affordable price...

I agree completely with your thoughts on Vitae's Giganotosaurus. When it comes to PNSO's Giga I can only hope it's as good as or better than the Spinosaurus. Normally I'd wait to buy figures from ED but what kills it for me is the PNSO figures weigh so much that the cheaper shipping options aren't  available, only Parcelforce which costs more than the figure itself to ship to Canada.

gfxtwin

Just ordered my Anky, Giga and Yang.  I think I'll have to call it there regardless of any plans to release more models this year. When PNSO makes a comeback they certainly make a comeback!  And now my bank account needs to make one.  :))

Syndicate Bias

avatar_Ceratosaurus @Ceratosaurus

Honestly the PNSO Giganotosaurus is probably gonna be the best mass produced Giga at least for me because knowing REBOR and Papo one might give it repetitious patterns and the other might give it a weird pose.

Even then i would still buy them now I can finally buy Wilson to go with Lucas side by side  ^-^

Brolyss4

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on May 10, 2019, 06:38:46 AM

"...knowing REBOR and Papo one might give it repetitious patterns and the other might give it a weird pose."

;D ;D ;D ;D I laughed so hard when I read this because it is the truth for each brand

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Brolyss4 on May 10, 2019, 06:58:00 AM

"...knowing REBOR and Papo one might give it repetitious patterns and the other might give it a weird pose."

;D ;D ;D ;D I laughed so hard when I read this because it is the truth for each brand

By the way, we forgot Nanmu Studio that brand would surely make a giganotosaurus in the style of JP / JW figures based on Mattel figures. The figure would be as beautiful as the indominus but surely based on the culture of pop art dinosaurs.

As regards the PNSO giganotosaurus it is a very beautiful figure but the skull I see a little small and narrow I suppose that it will be exact from the scientific point of view taking into account that Zhao Chuang is a renowned paleoartist and he has been the what a sculptural project said carnivore theropod. However I like the more vivid colors of the PNSO yangchuanosaurus, the nuances of PNSO's giganotosaurus paint are too conservative.

Ceratosaurus

Even then i would still buy them now I can finally buy Wilson to go with Lucas side by side  ^-^

Which Wilson?
Old version?
New version?
Upcoming lips version?

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Ceratosaurus on May 10, 2019, 09:12:16 AM

Which Wilson?
Old version?
New version?
Upcoming lips version?

old one. I found a listing for one for around 60 or so USD on Alie so i will be getting that soon since Im not a fan of the drop in paint quality of the new one

Ceratosaurus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on May 10, 2019, 09:22:28 AM

Which Wilson?
Old version?
New version?
Upcoming lips version?

old one. I found a listing for one for around 60 or so USD on Alie so i will be getting that soon since Im not a fan of the drop in paint quality of the new one

I actually don't mind the new version. I always had an issue with how the eyes look on the old one. If I didn't already own Doyle I would've bought the 2nd version. Just looks a bit better I'm my opinion.

A review of the new version of Wilson I recently saw. https://youtu.be/Tolzp4WP580

tanystropheus

Which Wilson?
Old version?
New version?
Upcoming lips version?

Is there another Wilson that has yet to be released?

cooksonia

Most of the new figures appeared on Ali but disappeared the following day!

Shonisaurus

I sincerely like the new Wilson tyrannosaurus in terms of paint quality. However in my case my old tyrannosaurus Wilson had no problems stability very different thing happens with my new tyrannosaurus with the new touch of paint.

The evil eyes of the ancient Tyrannosaurus Wilson I honestly did not like because they in a way "demonized" said carnivorous theropod especially when this exceptional brand is based on scientific dinosaur figures and taking into account that the prehistoric theropods are not fortunately animals of terror or science fiction like those of JP / JW or monsters of the Aliens saga, but extinct animals that preceded us that could be framed in beauty and majesty to the current lions or tigers to give two examples.

On the other hand, I am very happy that in the future you will make a tyrannosaurus rex with lips that will give you a more realistic look than that terĂ³pod was. At present, few companies like PNSO have made carnivorous theropods with lips that gives them a more authentic and realistic look than the old image that paleontology books gave us earlier about those theropods.

I congratulate PNSO and Zhao Chuang for creating realistic dinosaur figures and most importantly try to get as close as possible to the scientific reality of those animals that were the kings of the Mesozoic, bearing in mind that paleoartistic representations in sculpture or painting / drawing never may be identical to what were those animals of the past of which we only know in most cases fragments of incomplete bones and sometimes impressions of the skin (rare in paleontology) as the borealopelta or the mummy of the herbivorous dinosaur Dakota. We will never know how they really were, unfortunately.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: