News:

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2024. Deadline for submissions is October 29th 2024. Contest details here.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

but it would be great if they were the same scale as most of our figures tho
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on May 08, 2016, 03:57:30 PM
I just put an order in with Monster House HK for the Lufengosaurus. Unfortunately, they are sold out on all of the PNSO dinosaurs except for the Lufengosaurus and Huanghetitan. And, due to shipping costs, they are not restocking them. This means I have to find another source for the Mandschurosaurus. Also, what is the exact scale of the Huanghetitan? Isn't it around 30 meters long which makes it around 150 cm long in 1/20 scale?

Really? That's odd since they just relisted the Euhelopus ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PNSO-China-Dinosaur-Vinyl-PVC-Model-Figure-Euhelopus-1-20-Scale-/162058204047?hash=item25bb6bf38f:g:w8wAAOSwsN9XCdwc

If I had to choose one to get it be the Huanghetitan...but 210.00 is really steep based on the original cost.

Sim

Quote from: sauroid on May 08, 2016, 03:56:17 PM
if only PNSO figures were  1:40 scale then there would be minimal to no shipping issue/s. why did they have to make them so huge??? (i really dont get why they have to be that big when they can be as impressive at 1:40-1:35)

The five herbivores are made from sculpts that were originally just intended for display in an exhibit and not for sale, I think that has to do with it.

sauroid

Quote from: Sim on May 08, 2016, 04:39:29 PM
Quote from: sauroid on May 08, 2016, 03:56:17 PM
if only PNSO figures were  1:40 scale then there would be minimal to no shipping issue/s. why did they have to make them so huge??? (i really dont get why they have to be that big when they can be as impressive at 1:40-1:35)

The five herbivores are made from sculpts that were originally just intended for display in an exhibit and not for sale, I think that has to do with it.
thanks for the info Sim.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Paleogene Pals

I only ordered through their Facebook page. I guess I didn't check out their eBay site. The sauropods are impressive, but I want to make absolutely sure they are around 1/20 scale.

Simon

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on May 08, 2016, 09:07:17 PM
I only ordered through their Facebook page. I guess I didn't check out their eBay site. The sauropods are impressive, but I want to make absolutely sure they are around 1/20 scale.

Well, they are not.  The big Huyangosaur is 1/30 scale, and the rearing Eulohepus is either 1/30 for a small animal, or 1/40 if you want it to be Diplodocus-sized next to your Battats.  The Huyangosaurus looks like an extra-large Argentinosaurus next to the Battats, for example.

1/20 scale would be impossibly huge - think of the Horizon or Kaiyodo Brachiosaurs.  Models that big could not be practically sold except as unassembled model kits ...

Paleogene Pals

Thank you Simon. You answered my question. I won't be getting the sauropods since they are not truly 1/20. However, I did get the Lufengosaurus even though it is bigger than 1/20. It will just be an outsized member of the species. Still, I'm glad that large-scale vinyl dinos are making a comeback.

Flaffy

Can someone give me a list of how heavy each of the PNSO figures are? Thanks ^-^

postsaurischian

Quote from: Simon on May 09, 2016, 02:02:07 AM
Quote from: Paleogene Pals on May 08, 2016, 09:07:17 PM

Well, they are not.  The big Huyangosaur is 1/30 scale, and the rearing Eulohepus is either 1/30 for a small animal, or 1/40 if you want it to be Diplodocus-sized next to your Battats.  The Huyangosaurus looks like an extra-large Argentinosaurus next to the Battats, for example.

1/20 scale would be impossibly huge - think of the Horizon or Kaiyodo Brachiosaurs.  Models that big could not be practically sold except as unassembled model kits ...

I got my Huanghetitan and it's really beautiful ^-^. Thanks for your help again, Simon!
Measured along the spine it is 81 cm long. It's not exactly known how long Huanghetitan was.
The model is in 1:30 for a specimen of 24 m; 1:35 for a specimen of 28 m or 1:40 for a specimen of 32 m.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on May 13, 2016, 05:37:29 PM
Can someone give me a list of how heavy each of the PNSO figures are? Thanks ^-^

Huanghetitan = 900 gr.  /  gr. = grams (  Metric System )
Shantungosaurus = 250 gr.
Mandschurosaurus = 200 gr.

They are quite light for their big size (vinyl)...

Flaffy

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on May 13, 2016, 07:41:51 PM
Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on May 13, 2016, 05:37:29 PM

Huanghetitan = 900 gr.  /  gr. = grams (  Metric System )
Shantungosaurus = 250 gr.
Mandschurosaurus = 200 gr.

They are quite light for their big size (vinyl)...
Thanks Robin! ;D Sorry for the confusion before about deinonychus and dromeosaurus, I hope you understand.

Centrosaur86

Hello! where can I order these models in Europe?

postsaurischian

Quote from: Centrosaur86 on May 15, 2016, 05:29:10 PM
Hello! where can I order these models in Europe?

I'm afraid there is no other option than Monsterhouse HK. Only two models left in stock.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PNSO-China-Dinosaur-Vinyl-PVC-Model-Figure-Huanghetitan-1-20-Scale-/162071299750?hash=item25bc33c6a6:g:H6QAAOSwKfVXD9jX
If you have a facebook account you can contact them directly. They use to take USD 90 + shipping for the Huanghetitan this way.

Brunno

I received last friday the Huanghetitan from PNSO. I bougth with Samson Dino, from Monster House, via Facebook. Seller is ok,very professional and polite, I can say that we became friends. Well, this is a masterpiece for sauropods lovers, it's a huge model and it fit's very well in my collection, despite this is not the bigger one here. Simply a must have for those who appreciate details. I don't know how to upload a photo...  :D :-[ :P :P

docronnie

Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Brunno

Thank you, docronnie!

ltokuda

I have a friend who knows Chinese and he helped me buy Huanghetitan from taobao.com.  I had to register at taobao and register my credit card info so the process was pretty involved.  The Huanghetitan cost $50 and shipping was about $30 (shipping to the US).

After placing the order, I tried to monitor my order at taobao.com.  I was using google chrome and figured out that if I right-click on the web page, chrome gives you an option to translate the chinese to english.  Using this translation, I was able to navigate the taobao site and monitor the order by myself.  I think that if I had known this from the beginning, I might have been able to place the order by myself.

For those of you still thinking about buying some PNSO models, you might want to try using chrome's translate option on the taobao web site.  If successful, it will save you a lot of money versus ebay/facebook.

DinoLord

Quote from: postsaurischian on May 13, 2016, 02:57:17 PMMeasured along the spine it is 81 cm long. It's not exactly known how long Huanghetitan was.
The model is in 1:30 for a specimen of 24 m; 1:35 for a specimen of 28 m or 1:40 for a specimen of 32 m.

I have been wondering about this figure's scale lately. Since the genus is known from rather fragmentary remains, perhaps it would be best to scale using known elements? I'll have to get some sacral or rib measurements when I get a chance...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: