News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renecito

Quote from: tanystropheus on June 26, 2019, 12:12:36 AM
Quote from: Renecito on June 25, 2019, 09:21:39 PM
The black paint around the eyes ruins it for me.

Why? What if it really looked like that? The markings aren't too outrageous.

It does not look realistic but cartoony.
On the other hand I must say that the sculpt details are magnificent.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

PhilSauria

That Dakosaurus sure turned up on eBay quickly!, but I'll be keeping an eye on my preferred and trusted supplier on Ali Express for a much better price, and I should not have long to wait because if they stock this as quickly as they listed the last two new PNSOs it may up by the end of the day (here).

Critics will criticize but PNSO will be getting my money once again for this one - I have all of the other mid size figures in hand or on order and this will join that list. Yet another very life-like and naturalistic sculpt, and a creature unknown to me prior to this but one that I will be researching.

It's PNSO and a marine reptile so an order from me was inevitable!

suspsy

Come to think of it, PNSO has yet to produce a pterosaur beyond the miniatures. A Jeholopterus at this new size class would be absolutely marvellous.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

tanystropheus

Quote from: PhilSauria on June 26, 2019, 02:07:06 AM
That Dakosaurus sure turned up on eBay quickly!, but I'll be keeping an eye on my preferred and trusted supplier on Ali Express for a much better price, and I should not have long to wait because if they stock this as quickly as they listed the last two new PNSOs it may up by the end of the day (here).

Critics will criticize but PNSO will be getting my money once again for this one - I have all of the other mid size figures in hand or on order and this will join that list. Yet another very life-like and naturalistic sculpt, and a creature unknown to me prior to this but one that I will be researching.

It's PNSO and a marine reptile so an order from me was inevitable!

It's def a must have from PNSO (all their marine reptiles and mammals are)! The only versions of Dakosaurus that were previously released include the PNSO mini version and the Wild Safari mini version (in the form of prehistoric crocodiles toob). This is the first full-fledged Dakosaurus representation.

PNSO is a rapidly growing brand. It has considerable traction amongst dinosaur enthusiast YouTube and Instagram influencers (the same folks that made REBOR a phenomenon).

tanystropheus

Quote from: suspsy on June 26, 2019, 02:14:13 AM
Come to think of it, PNSO has yet to produce a pterosaur beyond the miniatures. A Jeholopterus at this new size class would be absolutely marvellous.

Jeholopterus? That's an interesting one. Is that a pterosaur that PNSO has focused on in their illustrations. I know that they have an inclination for the Nyctosaurus and there is a high possibility that they will give it the non-mini treatment (even though it is probably already about the right size).

Shonisaurus

Quote from: tanystropheus on June 26, 2019, 06:15:28 AM
Quote from: suspsy on June 26, 2019, 02:14:13 AM

Jeholopterus? That's an interesting one. Is that a pterosaur that PNSO has focused on in their illustrations. I know that they have an inclination for the Nyctosaurus and there is a high possibility that they will give it the non-mini treatment (even though it is probably already about the right size).

A nyctosaurus or a medium-small sized yi qi such as the dakosaurus made would be good additions by PNSO. Yi qi is one of my favorite dinosaurs. That mixture of dinosaur and bat makes him a very coveted figure for us collectors. I have your PNSO and Kinto Kaiyodo minis but I wish one to a more acceptable size. On the other hand a jeholopterus is another necessary figure in the market of collecting (resin) or toy (PVC or vinyl) A jeholopterus of PVC of the same size as the dakosaurus of PNSO would be great.

Please Zheu Chuang make a kosmoceratops! Collectors like me are demanding it and a size and volume equal or similar to spinops.

I hope that PNSO will make each of the different dinosaurs and prehistoric animals made by PNSO in miniature at that same scale. They will be much more detailed and better-made models. Time to time.

ceratopsian

[.........I know that they have an inclination for the Nyctosaurus and there is a high possibility that they will give it the non-mini treatment (even though it is probably already about the right size).

Are you perhaps thinking of Nemicolopterus rather than Nyctosaurus?  PNSO's mini of the tiny pterosaur Nemicolopterus approaches 1:1.  But Nyctosaurus was a much larger beast with around a 2m wingspan.

tanystropheus

Quote from: ceratopsian on June 26, 2019, 08:59:15 AM
[.........I know that they have an inclination for the Nyctosaurus and there is a high possibility that they will give it the non-mini treatment (even though it is probably already about the right size).

Are you perhaps thinking of Nemicolopterus rather than Nyctosaurus?  PNSO's mini of the tiny pterosaur Nemicolopterus approaches 1:1.  But Nyctosaurus was a much larger beast with around a 2m wingspan.

Probably, I have them confused in terms of size (I think I meant that the mini Nycto is around 1:35 but I could be wrong) but if I remember correctly PNSO did feature the Nyctosaurus prominently in their exhibitions and illustrations. This gives the impression that there are more plans for the Nyctosaurus.

Shonisaurus

The dakosaurus is already available on Amazon.com sold by Yinao I passed the link:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TKGYJTH/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=dakosaurus+pnso&qid=1561620892&s=gateway&sr=8-2

On AliExpress also sell the Dakosaurus I passed the link:

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/33049607988.html?spm=a2g0o.home.01008.1.39a62963J6YbHs

I sincerely trust myself more about Yiniao and I bought it from Amazon.com

acro-man

In-hand photos of Dakosaurus from Tieba:

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6176884856
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6176921927

As expected, sculpt is perfect, but paint's got problem.
Seriously nobody in the factory thinks it's odd to paint the teeth on the lips?
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

ceratopsian

Quote from: acro-man on June 27, 2019, 05:37:36 PM

Thanks.  The painting of the teeth looks seriously weird.  I also think it looks like there is a very obvious seam running along the body.

tanystropheus

Quote from: ceratopsian on June 27, 2019, 05:57:44 PM
Quote from: acro-man on June 27, 2019, 05:37:36 PM

Thanks.  The painting of the teeth looks seriously weird.  I also think it looks like there is a very obvious seam running along the body.

If the paint bothers you, perhaps consider waiting a few months before picking up the Dakosaurus. PNSO generally updates their paint apps.

tanystropheus

Does anyone else have leaning problems with the Chungkingosaurus (previously, I've given the model a perfect score but I might have to bring it down a notch)? Is this a common problem. The only reason my model isn't falling to the side is because I still have it on the plastic tray that it came with.

ceratopsian

Quote from: tanystropheus on June 27, 2019, 07:25:57 PM

If the paint bothers you, perhaps consider waiting a few months before picking up the Dakosaurus. PNSO generally updates their paint apps.

If I like a sculpt enough but not the paint, I can always send the piece along to Martin Garratt for a repaint.  To be honest, while I'll buy a "mini" size marine reptile, I'm less likely to buy a "full" size one because space is limited, choices need to be made.

ceratopsian

Quote from: tanystropheus on June 27, 2019, 07:28:10 PM
Does anyone else have leaning problems with the Chungkingosaurus (previously, I've given the model a perfect score but I might have to bring it down a notch)? Is this a common problem. The only reason my model isn't falling to the side is because I still have it on the plastic tray that it came with.

As in the new Chungkingosaurus?  My old massive PNSO Chungkingosaurus has always leaned badly because one of its legs is warped.  Judicious use of a bit of blutack under the foot has kept it upright.  I don't have the new diorama yet.

tanystropheus

Quote from: ceratopsian on June 27, 2019, 07:28:58 PM
Quote from: tanystropheus on June 27, 2019, 07:25:57 PM

If I like a sculpt enough but not the paint, I can always send the piece along to Martin Garratt for a repaint.  To be honest, while I'll buy a "mini" size marine reptile, I'm less likely to buy a "full" size one because space is limited, choices need to be made.

Honestly, if I had to do it all over again, I would have probably have bought the minis of all major toy lines. With several companies arriving on the scene that are arguably better (at least in terms of production values) than Wild Safaris, Papos, CollectAs and Schleichs....and also newcomer toy lines such as Mattel....I've been quite 'distressed' about the logistics of my ever expanding dinosaur collection and ever shrinking room. Sure, I can set up curios and display cases in the basement but where does the madness end...

tanystropheus

Quote from: ceratopsian on June 27, 2019, 07:31:36 PM
Quote from: tanystropheus on June 27, 2019, 07:28:10 PM

As in the new Chungkingosaurus?  My old massive PNSO Chungkingosaurus has always leaned badly because one of its legs is warped.  Judicious use of a bit of blutack under the foot has kept it upright.  I don't have the new diorama yet.

Oh yeah, I don't have the diorama model either, just the classic Chungkingosaurus. Maybe I can also try that blutack fix. If it gets really bad perhaps I can send to a professional artist to have it permanently attached to a fancy base of some sort.

Remko

Anyone else here has display problems with their Giganotosaurus? Mine just fell of it's base...

Will look into it this weekend. Adding a thicker support rod beneath the leg should do the trick.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Remko on June 27, 2019, 09:12:35 PM
Anyone else here has display problems with their Giganotosaurus? Mine just fell of it's base...

Will look into it this weekend. Adding a thicker support rod beneath the leg should do the trick.

With my PNSO chungkingosaurus I do not have any complaints other thing is the PNSO yangchuanosaurus that does not stand up correctly with or without the base.

As far as the PNSO giganotosaurus is kept correctly standing with or without base, I can say the same about the PNSO spinosaurus.

Halichoeres

Pretty excited about a full size Dakosaurus but the mouth paint definitely looks odd.

On the new theropods: I was out of town for a couple of weeks and my Yangchuanosaurus was leaning badly, but since the metal peg had kept it from falling, the leg warped somewhat so it doesn't stand on its own anymore either. That was a bummer to come home to. Hopefully a hot water/cold water treatment will mend it.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: