News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

:o The Basilosaurus is AWESOME!! The Chungkingosaurus is also very beautiful! Oh my, what a year!
The minis are cute, some look as good as Dinotales. I ordered Archaeopteryx, Confuciusornis, Nyctosaurus and Glyphoderma ^-^.

Flaffy

I would purchase the basilosaurus, nyctosaurus, himilayasaurus, Wuerhosaurus, Archaeopteryx (bird-like and floofy), Majungasaurus, Confuciusornis, Einiosaurus, Glyphoderma (My favourite) and ouranosaurus.
A few of my favourites:

Yeah, this would wreck havoc on the unique species list.
China is really stepping up their game from bootlegs and chinasaurs to Favourite Co. like quality (although 99.999% of companies still produce low quality stuff).  Hopefully in the near future, China will actually be able to produce quality dinosaur figures.

Flaffy

I went ahead and checked the Chinese sites, but none of them have the new PNSO in stocked yet, strange...

sauroid

uh oh! the major western brands have a very serious competition in the form of PNSO. if PNSO keeps on producing this high level of quality and accuracy and would distribute all over the world, they will dominate the collectors market. as i said before, PNSO is the paradox of chinese dino/prehistoric figure makers, a sharp contrast with the ugly chinasaurs and the cheapo bootlegs.

the best of Schleich looks pitiful beside any of the PNSOs. just imagine if PNSO would also make extant animal figures.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

ceratopsian

Oh my goodness!  I eventually succumbed and ordered the Huanghetitan via Amazon at the end of last week - waiting with excitement for it to arrive.  (I already have the Mandschurosaurus and the Shantungosaurus, thanks to the kindness of one of the DTF members - love them both, although they need a bit of help standing.)  These new items will need a good bit of thought to decide which to go for - hours of fun to look forward to!  Some look really appealing.  How wonderful to have a new line to collect with creatures that aren't already represented in my collection.  I'm impressed with the new boxes too.

sauroid

PNSO needs to put more colors on their figures tho.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Flaffy

Ah, such a great time to be alive as a dino lover.
David made hyper-articulated feathered 'raptors'.
Safari Ltd is introducing their own feathered rex.
PNSO expanded their line, along with obscure never before made species.
Saurian is arriving next year.
Mattel took over the JP/JW license (i guess that's a good thing?)
My wallet is very much empty.
Yay for dino-lovers!

sauroid

dont forget i-Toy has potential re: their Ceratosaurus figure, Australian Age of Dinosaur figures, and REBOR too. not to mention the Japanese brands making awesome figures consistently.
the only bummer recently is the demise of Carnegie and the uncertainty of the future of Battat Terra line plus the reissues.

Jose S.M.

The minis are very good,  probably going to get some.  But I wish this brand make a line of more "regular" size figures,  so far their normal figures are gigantic,  I'm thinking of getting the Shantungosaurus and Mandschurosaurus even if they are huge. 

Flaffy

Is it just me or is the nyctosaurus's lower beak a tad bit longer than it should be?

Shonisaurus

It is with difference in the Basilosaurus, megalodon and the best company chungkingosaurus dinosaur made.

Exceeds all expectations dinosauriosm toy companies, the Chinese are going strong with their toy companies.

Flaffy

The main problem with this line is the size.
The 'regular' figures of the line are massive. They is around 15-30 inches in length. Takes up a lot of space.
The mini figures are nice, but at the cost of less sculpting detail and at a higher risk of a sloppy paint job.
Hopefully PNSO will make figures that are at a more practical scale.
But they all are still wonderful figures worth collecting. ;)

Chad

Seeing the Nyctosaurus with the skin flap is a good argument for why they most likely didn't have one. Imagine the wind hitting that thing at an inopportune time.

That aside, the expansion of this line is exciting. I'm all for it if PNSO wants to focus just on Asian dinosaurs, even better that they're throwing in the odd under-represented American dino. And, hey, a placodont! Very nice.

deanm

Nyctosaurus will be another nice addition to the pterosaur collection.  :)

I do agree with Chad and FluffyRapters about their comments regarding the lower beak and the skin flap - but those are two things I can easy live with.

Very happy to see more figures of this species. I hope that PNSO continue to add more pterosaurs to their line-up.

Flaffy

Quote from: deanm on September 06, 2016, 04:48:44 PM
Nyctosaurus will be another nice addition to the pterosaur collection. I do agree with Chad and FluffyRapters about their comments regarding the lower beak and the skin flap - but those are two things I can live with.

Is the Nyctosaurus released yet? Sounds like it but I have not been able to find it yet. Can anyone point me to an online store (Amazon.com did not have it when I checked just now). Thanks.
Link: https://www.amazon.com/PNSO-Dinosaurs-Rahba-Little-Tuojiangosaurus/dp/B01LKQRQ7W/ref=lp_15225661011_1_5?srs=15225661011&ie=UTF8&qid=1473155666&sr=8-5
This should be the direct link to the all the minis, and I like how they didn't include visible fingers on it.
The nyctosaurus is the fourth one on the second row.

Chad

sauroid

more best of the minis
Olorotitan

Confuciusornis

Ouranosaurus

Miragaia

Ophthalmosaurus

Allosaurus

Flaffy

I think I see some feathering detail on the proceratosaurus, a very nice touch.

deanm

Just ordered the Nyctosaurus. Happy days! 😀

sauroid

@Flaffy, is it ok to post the pics on the fb page/group?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: