News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Andreioli on January 20, 2020, 05:39:59 PM
This Baidu thread reports some new limited edition expensive PSNO statue:

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6452750509

Image (if it loads directly):

1200.00 and it's...well..not the best one I've seen from PNSO.

Loon

$1200...Yeah, I'm good...

I honestly got scared and thought this was they're yutyrannus for a second.

SidB

Wow, you're certainly right with "expensive."

Fluffysaurus

Quote from: Andreioli on January 20, 2020, 05:39:59 PM
This Baidu thread reports some new limited edition expensive PSNO statue:

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6452750509

Image (if it loads directly):

Wow, it looks awesome, but.. the price not so much.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

suspsy

I see a tyrannosaurid attacking an oviraptorid. What species are these?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Ravonium

Quote from: suspsy on January 20, 2020, 08:57:55 PM
I see a tyrannosaurid attacking an oviraptorid. What species are these?

The tyrannosaurid looks like a Qianzhousaurus, but I can't identify the oviraptorid.

Loon

All I could get was this translation of the post:
Quotepnso first out in the new year, Qianzhou Dragon hunts South Kanglong

So, it's Qianzhousaurus. But, the Oviraptorid's identity still eludes me. Based on the crest, it could be Corythoraptor.

Sim

Those two dinosaurs were previously identified in this thread as Qianzhousaurus and Nankangia: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4503.msg206980;topicseen#msg206980

Ceratosaurus

Quote from: Sim on January 20, 2020, 10:15:05 PM
Those two dinosaurs were previously identified in this thread as Qianzhousaurus and Nankangia: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4503.msg206980;topicseen#msg206980

Also from Chuang's artwork.
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

SidB

If it's a go, then it will be interesting to see how the Safari Qianzhousaurus, likely at a fraction of the price, stacks up against it.

Ceratosaurus

More and more I'm starting to believe in the theory that PNSO is done with their 1:35 Museum Series line and will focus more on larger expensive sculptures, their line of minis and the more recent prehistoric animals that accompany your growth line. All the figures released under the Museum Series line were sculpts from before PNSO went through whatever internal issues they had and it has been suggested that they were sculpted by a different sculptor. Since the Giganotosaurus and Yangchuanosaurus were released we haven't had any new figures from that line that I know of. Also the newer line seems to use a different method of sculpting the figures. I don't expect to see any more figures from that line or any which contain bases. I hope they prove me wrong. :)
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Syndicate Bias

Well that's a shame because the Yuty diorama is in that scale that the whatever that is priced at 1k+ USD is.

Whatever I guess. All I wanted was a decent, feathered Yuty ahahaha 😒

Anywho better to be optimistic about it regardless.

Sim

S @Syndicate Bias what about the Wild Safari Yutyrannus?

Sim

Quote from: Ceratosaurus on January 22, 2020, 04:49:21 AM
More and more I'm starting to believe in the theory that PNSO is done with their 1:35 Museum Series line and will focus more on larger expensive sculptures, their line of minis and the more recent prehistoric animals that accompany your growth line. All the figures released under the Museum Series line were sculpts from before PNSO went through whatever internal issues they had and it has been suggested that they were sculpted by a different sculptor. Since the Giganotosaurus and Yangchuanosaurus were released we haven't had any new figures from that line that I know of. Also the newer line seems to use a different method of sculpting the figures. I don't expect to see any more figures from that line or any which contain bases. I hope they prove me wrong. :)

PNSO still hasn't released some figures that were shown with bases, e.g. Gigantoraptor, Tsintaosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Huayangosaurus and Yangchuanosaurus on its own.

Loon

Quote from: Sim on January 23, 2020, 04:11:39 PM

Or the Favorite figures, or the Takara Tomy or Kaiyodo. There's also Dan's Dinosaurs model, if you want a resin model.

Halichoeres

I agree with Sim's suggestion that some of those older sculpts, at the very least, will still be released. I personally like the un-based figures and the miniatures, but I know a lot of people like the higher end figures with bases (and I do have a few of the latter, too). I don't have any idea what the relative sales/margins look like, but it seems like there's room in the market for all three categories of figures from them.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Sim on January 23, 2020, 04:11:39 PM

I have it along with my safari Giga and uh, the Carcha as well. Only Yuty I own at the moment and the only one I'll probably have for a while it seems. I don't even like the resin kits that are out of it.

The PNSO Yuty is the best one of the bunch in my opinion but I guess I'll just have to wait and see. avatar_Sim @Sim

avatar_Loon @Loon Better take that disgusting banner off my phone's screen 😤

Ceratosaurus

Quote from: Sim on January 23, 2020, 05:06:55 PM

PNSO still hasn't released some figures that were shown with bases, e.g. Gigantoraptor, Tsintaosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Huayangosaurus and Yangchuanosaurus on its own.

If you're referring to a lot of the figures found in this link, https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5796347438, my guess is that many of them look like high priced statues or atleast sculpts of similar size to their Ceratosaurus. That's how I see it but I could be wrong.

Sim

Ceratosaurus

Quote from: Sim on January 23, 2020, 09:01:18 PM
avatar_Ceratosaurus @Ceratosaurus, no, I'm referring to the figures shown below.

Quote from: Dino Scream3232 on August 04, 2019, 11:46:20 AM

Thanx avatar_Sim @Sim. I've seen many photos but these must have slipped my mind. I wonder what size they'd be in as the Sinosauropteryx and Microraptor definitely wouldn't be in 1/35 scale like the others with bases.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: