News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ceratosaurus

Something tells me "Backfire" could in the same price range as the Qianzhousaurus chasing down a Nankangia. Same with the Yutyrannus in the future.
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Ceratosaurus on February 07, 2020, 11:08:25 PM
Something tells me "Backfire" could in the same price range as the Qianzhousaurus chasing down a Nankangia. Same with the Yutyrannus in the future.

Please no, I already suffered enough with predicitions coming true since the tripod Giga.

Ceratosaurus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on February 08, 2020, 12:41:04 AM

Please no, I already suffered enough with predicitions coming true since the tripod Giga.

They just look too similar to me. The detail level makes it look pretty expensive. Here's a comparison between the three.

My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Loon

I'm hoping to see more of their small 1/35 line. Also, if they wanted me to buy a $2000 statue, couldn't they have made them...interesting? Call me when you make a statue of an animal sleeping, or mating, or something...

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Loon on February 08, 2020, 08:30:35 AM
I'm hoping to see more of their small 1/35 line. Also, if they wanted me to buy a $2000 statue, couldn't they have made them...interesting? Call me when you make a statue of an animal sleeping, or mating, or something...

..well,  I honestly don't think a 2000 USD statue of a sleeping animal could sell that much all over the world ( unless it was sculpted by Auguste Rodin   ;)   )..

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on February 08, 2020, 02:09:07 PM
Quote from: Loon on February 08, 2020, 08:30:35 AM

..well,  I honestly don't think a 2000 USD statue of a sleeping animal could sell that much all over the world ( unless it was sculpted by Auguste Rodin   ;)   )..

Yeah, maybe resin kit territory is where you will find something similar. I know it's about the only area that has tackled resting dinos. Mating? Not likely for several reasons, but something like William Stout's Para couple from his book maybe ?

at 2k I'm not in unless it's at least 8' and pretty detailed..I mean that's a big chunk of change. My budget is normally ok at 2-350.00 around Sideshow range? Wish they had kept that line up, kept me out of garage kits..lol

Loon

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 08, 2020, 04:40:04 PM
My budget is normally ok at 2-350.00 around Sideshow range? Wish they had kept that line up, kept me out of garage kits..lol

Is the Dinosauria line cancelled? I really hope not.

Takama

Quote from: Loon on February 08, 2020, 06:16:54 PM
My budget is normally ok at 2-350.00 around Sideshow range? Wish they had kept that line up, kept me out of garage kits..lol

The last product in the line was the Gastonia and that has come and gone in 2016.

And there were no new products since. I assume that means its done for :'(

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on February 09, 2020, 01:17:23 AM
Quote from: Loon on February 08, 2020, 06:16:54 PM

The last product in the line was the Gastonia and that has come and gone in 2016.

And there were no new products since. I assume that means its done for :'(

Not really the place to discuss, but since I brought it up..it's a good possibility. They are releasing an artbook for the line from William Stout though : https://www.sideshow.com/whats-new/sideshows-dinosauria-making-the-original-monsters-hardcover-book/

They could always revive it though. DAM Toys sort of took it's place with Chronicle, Iron and Prime1 doing JP/JW statues.

Halichoeres

Call me juvenile, but I really think a diorama called "Backfire" should feature Gasosaurus.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 14, 2020, 04:07:02 PM
Call me juvenile, but I really think a diorama called "Backfire" should feature Gasosaurus.

:groan:  you asked for it " juvenile."   ;)

KeU

Shonisaurus

Quote from: KeU on February 18, 2020, 01:28:01 PM
https://usa.pnso.org/blog/conard-the-emtorvosaurusem-king-of-the-jurassic-period
Hope for things to come??

Could it be a torvosaurus of the same scale or the same solid PVC material, as the spinosaurus, giganotosaurus, tyrannosaurus?

That would be great news. Except for Collecta torvosaurus, I have no more figures of that rare dinosaur. If you equal or surpass your Collecta PNSO counterpart in genius, you know that you have a secure buyer of that exotic theropod.

I wish PNSO carved a torvosaurus. Collectors like me need figures of theropods like that.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks like another diorama maybe?

Syndicate Bias

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2726093454155501&id=814219578676241&anchor_composer=false

PNSO Hinted strongly at Conard the Torvosaurus its pretty obvious it's happening.

Same with the Yuty.

This year sucked for Papo so I ended up buying another resin kit to fill the void. Rebor has some good stuff to come but I foresee PNSO to take the spotlight again for me with whatever they release. 

SidB

I truly hope that your prediction comes to pass.

Blade-of-the-Moon

If it's another 1000.00+ though, sadly i'm out.

Ceratosaurus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on February 18, 2020, 04:34:55 PM
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2726093454155501&id=814219578676241&anchor_composer=false

PNSO Hinted strongly at Conard the Torvosaurus its pretty obvious it's happening.

Same with the Yuty.

This year sucked for Papo so I ended up buying another resin kit to fill the void. Rebor has some good stuff to come but I foresee PNSO to take the spotlight again for me with whatever they release.

It's always a good sign when they give figures a nickname like "Conard". Seems it makes it more likely to be in my price range.

stargatedalek

Aah yes, the mighty Torvosaurus, oh slayer of turtles!

I get it's a product they want to hype but yikes, we know it was a semi-aquatic predator that fed on freshwater turtles (and not abnormally large ones at that), hardly some Jurassic super-predator.

Sim

A Torvosaurus and maybe a Jurassic ankylosaur from PNSO would be great!  I hope one or both gets made!  Hopefully the Torvosaurus incorporates what is known from Elvis: https://www.fossilera.com/blog/torvosaurus-king-of-the-real-jurassic-world-unearthed

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 18, 2020, 05:29:18 PM
Aah yes, the mighty Torvosaurus, oh slayer of turtles!

I get it's a product they want to hype but yikes, we know it was a semi-aquatic predator that fed on freshwater turtles (and not abnormally large ones at that), hardly some Jurassic super-predator.

What's the source for this?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: