News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Quote from: SidB on February 29, 2020, 12:13:54 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 29, 2020, 04:26:19 AM
S @SidB I look forward to PNSO making a tsintaosaurus and gigantoraptor of acceptable size on a scale similar to its yangchuanosaurus vs chungkingosaurus, giganotosaurus, amargasaurus, spinosaurus and mosasaurus to give several examples.
Yes, well worth waiting for, even if they're gong to be on the back burner due to production bottlenecks and public health issues. On that note, one prognosticator estimated that up to 60% of the world's population may eventually be affected, so there are greater concerns  for all of us. I think that it's becoming clear that everybody in one great big boat, no one is an island.

The important thing is to find the coronavirus vaccine (hopefully it is found) and that there are the least number of deaths worldwide due to this disease whose main victims are usually the weakest and most vulnerable, sick or elderly. The important thing is that the greatest number of lives are saved, I like PNSO dinosaurs but they can wait indefinitely. The life of the human race is the most important, the rest can wait. As I said in another post.

suspsy

PNSO's Facebook page is now showing artwork of a Pachycephalosaurus. Looks pretty nice.

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

This year is going to be the year of the pachycephalosaurus, first the Safari pachycephalosaurus, the Papo stygimoloch and now the PNSO pachycephalosaurus and the previous year the Schleich dracorex.

suspsy

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 03, 2020, 01:20:50 PM
This year is going to be the year of the pachycephalosaurus, first the Safari pachycephalosaurus, the Papo stygimoloch and now the PNSO pachycephalosaurus and the previous year the Schleich dracorex.

And the one from Mattel.

Sure would be great if PNSO started revealing new miniatures and mid-size toys, although who knows how much delay has been caused now?

Shonisaurus

Quote from: suspsy on March 03, 2020, 01:30:32 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 03, 2020, 01:20:50 PM

And the one from Mattel.

Sure would be great if PNSO started revealing new miniatures and mid-size toys, although who knows how much delay has been caused now?

Here I pass information. I think that the delay of prehistoric animal figures due to the virus is something real, I pass everythingdinosaur information,

https://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2020/03/02/covid-19-coronavirus-information.html

Sim

On PNSO's blog the Huanghetitan has also been given a name, as well as a funny description: "Zhuangzhuang the Huanghetitan: Asia's Fattest Dinosaur".  Here's a link to PNSO's blog: https://usa.pnso.org/blog

I wonder if the dinosaurs that have been given names are ones PNSO will make models of.  So far blog posts with names have been given to Torvosaurus and Carcharodontosaurus as well as Huanghetitan and Stegosaurus which PNSO has already made models of.

On Facebook PNSO has been posting more images, so far they have been of Shantungosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Coelophysis and Corythoraptor.  I'm not sure what it could mean, but only some of the images are tagged #toy, #model, #collectibles.  They are Torvosaurus embryo, Carcharodontosaurus, Huanghetitan, Shantungosaurus, Sinosauropteryx and Coelophysis.  The images that don't have those tags are of Torvosaurus vs Mymoorapelta(?), Stegosaurus, Pachycephalosaurus(?) and Corythoraptor.  Stegosaurus already has a PNSO figure, while PNSO left a comment that suggests they may make the adult Torvosaurus into a figure.  Maybe the tags don't actually mean much.  I don't like how the Coelophysis and Corythoraptor are half-feathered so I'm not interested in them being made into models if they would look like that.

I hope to see new releases from PNSO soon, they still have to release the models with a base of Gigantoraptor, Tsintaosaurus, Microraptor, Sinosauropteryx, Huayangosaurus and Yangchuanosaurus.  If I'm remembering right Zhao Chuang also made a sauropod model that hasn't been released yet.

suspsy

One would certainly think that the ones that have been given names are slated to become toys.

Shonisaurus

I wish a torvosaurus, carcharodontosaurus, tsintaosaurus, sinosauropterx, gigantoraptor, microraptor, and yutyrannus from PNSO those figures are obscure in the toy dinosaur market and in this case in the collectible dinosaur market after all.

Sim

Today's image on PNSO's Facebook page is a half-feathered Deinonychus with an outdated head shape...  PNSO seems to be better at making scaly dinosaurs rather than feathered dinosaurs.  The Deinonychus is tagged #toy, I don't know if that means it will be made into a model.  If it does get made, I hope it improves in accuracy.

Loon

Yeah, I'll stick with my Safari. Yikes...

If the artwork they've been sharing is anything to go by, it seems I won't be buying any PNSO figures this year.

stargatedalek

https://usa.pnso.org/blog

New hatching Beibeilong revealed. I hope it isn't permanently attached to the egg, it's a cute model.

ceratopsian

That image of Beibeilong went up on Facebook and their blog a little while ago.  Hard to say if that is exactly the model they intend to release or if perhaps they have in mind something at some point based on that image.

Blade-of-the-Moon

That Deinonychus feels more like a character concept, a very rough critter like a wild dog with mange.

Loon

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 13, 2020, 02:22:24 AM
That Deinonychus feels more like a character concept, a very rough critter like a wild dog with mange.

That description, along with the coloration of the reconstruction, reminds me of Ricardo Delgado's wild dog-inspired Utahraptor concept art from Disney's Dinosaur.

Though, Delgado's piece is way more appealing the PNSO's.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Loon on March 13, 2020, 06:22:01 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 13, 2020, 02:22:24 AM

That description, along with the coloration of the reconstruction, reminds me of Ricardo Delgado's wild dog-inspired Utahraptor concept art from Disney's Dinosaur.

Though, Delgado's piece is way more appealing the PNSO's.

That may have been what I was thinking, huge Delgado AoR fan!

Shonisaurus

That interpretation of the deinonychus by PNSO honestly does not convince me, I would like it to have more muscle and body mass and a denser and more credible plume comparing the deinonychus with figures from nature.

Patrx

Whoah! That is a shockingly-bad Deinonychus recon by PNSO. I expected better.

Sim

Today's Facebook image from PNSO is of Zhenyuanlong.  It's a better reconstruction than the Deinonychus, but it still has inaccurate wings.  If it gets made into a model I hope they'd fix that error.  There isn't anything to suggest Zhenyuanlong will be made into a model though.

On PNSO's Facebook page I looked further back, before the Torvosaurus posts, and saw they made a few other image posts with the #toy tag.  They were of Beibeilong, Yutyrannus and Tyrannosaurus.  I don't know if that means they will be made into models.

Flaffy

does anyone have a link to PNSO's facebook page?

Andreioli

Quote from: Flaffy on March 13, 2020, 05:24:56 PM
does anyone have a link to PNSO's facebook page?

https://www.facebook.com/reborstudio

EDIT:
Sorry, I accidentaly pasted the wrong URL.
But avatar_Patrx @Patrx provided the correct address.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: