News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

I'm really not expected anything very concrete from them for many months. Better late than never. Anyways, their products are well worth waiting for. Those amongst us who are getting antsy can always look backwards and pursue oldies or even relatively recent figures that may have been overlooked. There are a lot of great pieces out there!

Halzk

Quote from: Loon on March 26, 2020, 12:52:01 AM
Quote from: Halzk on March 25, 2020, 11:36:52 PM
Quote from: Loon on March 25, 2020, 07:05:37 PM
New reveal from PNSO!!!

It's more artwork! This time of Caihong.
All these artworks and still no figures reveal. It's starting to worry me :-\

I think PNSO, being a Chinese company, might be getting hit harder than others at this current moment. So, while I would prefer a figure reveal, avatar_suspsy @suspsy is right, this shows they're at least still around.
You're right, at least they're showing they're still alive and active. Better than nothing for sure

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Halzk on March 26, 2020, 02:08:06 PM
Quote from: Loon on March 26, 2020, 12:52:01 AM
Quote from: Halzk on March 25, 2020, 11:36:52 PM
Quote from: Loon on March 25, 2020, 07:05:37 PM
New reveal from PNSO!!!

It's more artwork! This time of Caihong.
All these artworks and still no figures reveal. It's starting to worry me :-\

I think PNSO, being a Chinese company, might be getting hit harder than others at this current moment. So, while I would prefer a figure reveal, avatar_suspsy @suspsy is right, this shows they're at least still around.
You're right, at least they're showing they're still alive and active. Better than nothing for sure

With the tragic events that we are going through sincerely, it is better to wait and settle for the current PNSO dinosaurs, what is important and essential is the health of people throughout the world and, secondly, and in the best case, hopefully PNSO can continue to manufacture dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals considering the severe economic recession looming on a global scale, not just for PNSO but for other brands of dinosaur and prehistoric toy animals on a global scale.

What has been said is important is health and that we are alive and hopefully the toy dinosaur brands will recover from the serious recession that is coming.

Halzk

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 26, 2020, 02:23:18 PM
what is important and essential is the health of people throughout the world
Agreed

Sim

I have a question regarding the PNSO Yangchuanosaurus that comes with a Chungkingosaurus.  Does the connective tissue at the at the point where the upper and lower jaws meet slot into a hole like in the Eofauna Giganotosaurus, or does the connective tissue just go into empty space around the jaws?  From videos I've seen, it seems to be the latter?

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on May 26, 2019, 09:01:22 PM
Quote from: Dino Scream3232 on May 26, 2019, 06:53:37 PM
After looking over Lucas I have to say he's a really good giganotosaurus. We now have a number of great mass market gigas to pick from now. EoFauna, Safari Ltd, and Vitae all have great gigas and I rank Lucas right up there with them. But I can see why some won't like this version. Definitely a different take on a giga. https://youtu.be/oQCQUqIXk-s

Maybe i am just biased but I knew what I was getting from the get go when i saw the leaked pictures. I dont get the complaints now when we had the pictures to see Lucas for quite some years.

It's my #1 Mass Produced Giga with Eofauna at #2 and WS at #3, and Carneige at #4 and Vitae as #5.

At least imo. Other than that the best Gigas are the resin kits such as Shane Foulkes or Sean Cooper's or Cen Dao yi which is easily the best one of the three.

I know theres two Geene models Gigas but they aren't qnything special and I know there is another one from China that Acro Man has on a thread. There is also two more from Fonseca i believe but they're unique and one of a kind. His biggest Giga is 1/7th scale i believe which makes it the biggest Giga you can get if the currenr owner sells it.

I went off but nonetheless I think this is one of the more aesthetically pleasing Gigas.

I left out Shapeways and a handful of other models but for those of you out there who got the lontic Giga i found the best version of DK. avatar_mgaguilar @mgaguilar

forgot to add thank you D @Dino Scream3232 for the review. I have Lucas but I have a weird thing for still watching videos of my favourite models

I also agree with Carcha needing more love. Thankfully i have the high end resin kit from Mo Models which satisfies my needs for another Carcha. I asked PNSO about it but they didn't bother answering that. I guess a Carcha is out of the equation for now
Where can i get that dk giga

Halichoeres

Quote from: Sim on May 01, 2020, 03:58:15 PM
I have a question regarding the PNSO Yangchuanosaurus that comes with a Chungkingosaurus.  Does the connective tissue at the at the point where the upper and lower jaws meet slot into a hole like in the Eofauna Giganotosaurus, or does the connective tissue just go into empty space around the jaws?  From videos I've seen, it seems to be the latter?

I'll see if I can find mine this weekend and take a look. It's in a box somewhere.

Quote from: Stegotyranno on May 06, 2020, 11:06:07 PM

I think that's in a museum or something similar, I don't think you can buy it.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 07, 2020, 01:46:30 PM
Quote from: Sim on May 01, 2020, 03:58:15 PM

I'll see if I can find mine this weekend and take a look. It's in a box somewhere.

Quote from: Stegotyranno on May 06, 2020, 11:06:07 PM

I think that's in a museum or something similar, I don't think you can buy it.
oh...

Sim

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres, thanks but there's no need now.  I bought the PNSO Yangchuanosaurus so I know what it's like now. :)

Mo_the_Triceratops_King

Hey guys, can you tell me whats the difference between those two models see pic below? PSNO Megalodon. I already own the first version from 2016, i saw 2019 there was a new release called Patton the Megalodon. Same model, but better paintjob. The first one i have had a "bad" painted low white color around the mouth, the new one has more red around his mouth. The old box from my 2016 in the second picture. So are there three version of it out there? Or are there two different box designs for the new Patton?

My old box

stargatedalek

I think the two newer ones are the same box but one is showing the back side of it.

Mo_the_Triceratops_King

Quote from: stargatedalek on May 25, 2020, 12:36:33 PM
I think the two newer ones are the same box but one is showing the back side of it.

No, they are not the same box i checked several youtube videos and sometimes they show the full box. I saw only reviews from the Patton "in the dark water style boxart", not a single review where hes peaking out of the water. That box art looks a lot better.

Here for example the reviewer turns the box and you can see that it has the same box art on both sides. At around 1.48min:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNTtRWiflDI&t=124s

Huskies

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on May 26, 2019, 09:01:22 PM
Quote from: Dino Scream3232 on May 26, 2019, 06:53:37 PM
After looking over Lucas I have to say he's a really good giganotosaurus. We now have a number of great mass market gigas to pick from now. EoFauna, Safari Ltd, and Vitae all have great gigas and I rank Lucas right up there with them. But I can see why some won't like this version. Definitely a different take on a giga. https://youtu.be/oQCQUqIXk-s

Maybe i am just biased but I knew what I was getting from the get go when i saw the leaked pictures. I dont get the complaints now when we had the pictures to see Lucas for quite some years.

It's my #1 Mass Produced Giga with Eofauna at #2 and WS at #3, and Carneige at #4 and Vitae as #5.

At least imo. Other than that the best Gigas are the resin kits such as Shane Foulkes or Sean Cooper's or Cen Dao yi which is easily the best one of the three.

I know theres two Geene models Gigas but they aren't qnything special and I know there is another one from China that Acro Man has on a thread. There is also two more from Fonseca i believe but they're unique and one of a kind. His biggest Giga is 1/7th scale i believe which makes it the biggest Giga you can get if the currenr owner sells it.

I went off but nonetheless I think this is one of the more aesthetically pleasing Gigas.

I left out Shapeways and a handful of other models but for those of you out there who got the lontic Giga i found the best version of DK. avatar_mgaguilar @mgaguilar

forgot to add thank you D @Dino Scream3232 for the review. I have Lucas but I have a weird thing for still watching videos of my favourite models

I also agree with Carcha needing more love. Thankfully i have the high end resin kit from Mo Models which satisfies my needs for another Carcha. I asked PNSO about it but they didn't bother answering that. I guess a Carcha is out of the equation for now

I like the PNSO giganotosaurus model but is it just me or the lower jaw is a tad too long. I am referring to the close up picture of the head.

Syndicate Bias

It is, terrible underbite but still a good model lol

SidB

Gives it a touch of character, IMO.

Halichoeres

That's a really common feature of figures with articulated jaws. Lots of the BotM dromaeosaurs have that syndrome, too. Another reason I prefer static jaws.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 27, 2020, 11:46:37 PM
That's a really common feature of figures with articulated jaws. Lots of the BotM dromaeosaurs have that syndrome, too. Another reason I prefer static jaws.
If i get rich and have a lot of time and resources, i will get a scientific figure with a static jaw, cast it with that sillicone they used for the models in those Ray Harryhausen Movies, paint it, and then i will be able to move its jaw without the traditional articulation, which makes it look unnatural

Shonisaurus

Undoubtedly I agree with Halichoeres and other members of the forum regarding static jaws, I am also a supporter of them. Articulated jaws spoil the aesthetics of the figure and cause such jaws, as with PNSO's giganotosaurus and even PNSO's spinosaurus, to become constantly dislocated and come off, causing the mandible to give up on itself.

stargatedalek

I've seen many without these strange under-bites. In particular a lot of JP figures come to mind. Perhaps it stems from trying to fit too closely to the skeleton and being afraid of unintentionally adding excess soft tissue to the upper gums? That might explain why it's almost always an under-bite rather than an over-bite and usually present in more scientifically minded figures as opposed to fictitious ones.

It's easy to think the articulation must be at fault and the jaw is sliding forward, but looking at the PNSO Giga with the mouth closed the back of the mouth is fitting exactly into place as it's meant to, so this is either intentional or some sort of artifact of the design phase that wasn't fixed when the parts were finalized.

Stegotyranno420

If you're gonna give uneven jaws, why cant you make it a over bite like Mr Burns from the simpsons. I believe it would be much more EXCELLENT than a underbite

Spoiler

Dont read the next spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
Spoiler
No need to explain anything to me about manufactoring, i know, just enjoy the refference if you like it
Spoiler
[close]
[close]
[close]

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: