News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 28, 2020, 02:06:56 PM
Undoubtedly I agree with Halichoeres and other members of the forum regarding static jaws, I am also a supporter of them. Articulated jaws spoil the aesthetics of the figure and cause such jaws, as with PNSO's giganotosaurus and even PNSO's spinosaurus, to become constantly dislocated and come off, causing the mandible to give up on itself.
That's why it's very important to st down with our newly arrived underbiters and have a serious and hard talk , warning them to avoid chatting too much, and even to keep their toothy mouths shut!

Takama

So Wilson is getting a Release WITHOUT a Fancy Base

Stegotyranno420

How much without the base

Dinoxels

So they are doing what CollectA did but the other way around. Huh.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

suspsy

Meh. That's all I have to say about Wilson 2. When do we find out about those four mystery toys?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

The sinoceratops and tyrannosaurus cup are made of PVC (i.e. they are toy dinosaurs) and are not made of resin. I mention it because I asked Mike from everythingdinosaur.co.uk I have already ordered both figures.

ceratopsian

As I have Wilson with a base, I don't need him without. But I wonder how well he will stand without?  And if he will stay standing.

Flaffy

Was hoping for news on the new mystery figures.

Not at all interested in yet another "Wilson" repaint, nor am I interested in the babies. Would've much preferred an adult Sinoceratops.

Loon

This might be controversial,but I've never liked Wilson, I always thought it was a pretty ugly figure. I am excited for these babies, so I'll order them. Hopefully that shipping next week thing is true, I've had an order from them "awaiting fulfillment" for over a month now.

suspsy

Quote from: Loon on May 29, 2020, 08:14:56 AM
This might be controversial,but I've never liked Wilson, I always thought it was a pretty ugly figure. I am excited for these babies, so I'll order them. Hopefully that shipping next week thing is true, I've had an order from them "awaiting fulfillment" for over a month now.

That's really not a controversial opinion. I'm a huge T. rex fan, as most people here know, but I have never felt any inclination to add Wilson to my royal family. I still like PNSO's original vinyl T. rex a whole lot better.

I'll say this too: it might have been nice if PNSO had gone with a brand new colour scheme for the rerelease.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

stargatedalek

I've always thought that Tyrannosaurus was a huge downgrade from the previous one. Shrink-wrapped and zombie looking colours to boot. This one is slightly more vibrant, and the new paint app seems to hide the shrink-wrapping rather than actively highlight it, so points where it's due but I still think it's a hideous figure. They should have reissued the original Tyrannosaurus.

Very excited to get the two babies. I just hope ED can hold them for me until the REBOR boas are in stock.

tanystropheus

The babies are super cute but not essential to my collection (at the moment).

I can't comment on the accuracy of the T-rex, but aesthetically, it's not great (at least compared to competitor products). However, the colors are a definite improvement and softens up some of the features

Mattyonyx

Could this new Wilson be the rumored lipped version?

Andreioli

Quote from: Mattyonyx on May 29, 2020, 06:29:58 PM

Nope:

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6712871380

That would have been a good reason to buy this though.

mgaguilar

Quote from: Andreioli on May 29, 2020, 06:47:23 PM
Quote from: Mattyonyx on May 29, 2020, 06:29:58 PM

Nope:

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6712871380

That would have been a good reason to buy this though.

Looks like a majorly simplified paint job according to your photos on the link. The eye looks great though!

SidB

I have Wilson (the first painted version), and looking at the new sample above, I'd have to question how long he can remain standing without the base?

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

The principal drawback of Wilson T.rex is osteoderms in the body which real T.re did not have at al. It had finely scaled skin without any osteoderms in the body. I think PNSO will definitely resolve this issue in future if they make another figure of Wilson.

Andanna

Appears to me that eliminating the base is a cost cutting exercise. The sales price is attractive, but possibly comes at the expense of integrity. 

Sarapaurolophus

Unpopular (?) opinion but Wilson looks kinda ugly, mangy. PNSO released a beautiful illustration of a T.Rex couple with chicks a few weeks ago and I see nothing of that in Wilson. For sure, it's an older release but meh...

Of course there is always room for depictions of hungry or sick animals but I don't prefer them that way :P

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: