News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

Everything Dinosaur now has up on its site the seven releases it has received from China.  (They already had the Microraptor.)  So that's the Corythosaurus, Lambeosaurus, Pachyrhinosaurus, Borealopelta, Tuojiangosaurus, Spinosaurus and Atopodentatus.

Lynx

Made the mistake of ordering Winter Wilson on amazon. Let the three month wait begin!
An oversized house cat.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Lynx on January 13, 2021, 03:27:40 AM
Made the mistake of ordering Winter Wilson on amazon. Let the three month wait begin!
3 months?! Usually when i order somethin, it takes from 2 days to about a week

Lynx

Quote from: Stegotyranno on January 13, 2021, 03:35:52 AM
I'm ordering it from the US, so it takes longer. The figure will be arriving February 23rd through March 12th which is a shame. However I feel it is worth it to have one of the first few copies.
An oversized house cat.

Over9K

Quote from: Lynx on January 13, 2021, 03:43:18 AM
I'm ordering it from the US, so it takes longer. The figure will be arriving February 23rd through March 12th which is a shame. However I feel it is worth it to have one of the first few copies.

Betcha won't wait that long... betcha have it in hand in 2, 3 weeks.

Lynx

Quote from: Over9K on January 13, 2021, 03:48:03 AM

Thats good news. I hope you are right about that. Three months seems like a ridiculous time span for one figure to arrive.
An oversized house cat.

Over9K

Quote from: Lynx on January 13, 2021, 03:52:39 AM

Thats good news. I hope you are right about that. Three months seems like a ridiculous time span for one figure to arrive.

Given the pandemic, three months is nothing. I've had stuff waiting to ship out of Japan since April, but since there are no flights, there is no decent shipping. 

I made a couple orders through Dan's in the past couple weeks, PNSO stuff mostly, and they seem to take about 3 weeks-ish from ordering to delivery.

Bread

They are right. Wilson V3, ordered from amazon, took a little over 2 months to arrive. By the time the package had arrived, I had already received Winter Wilson a week before from Aliexpress (which took 19 days to ship).

SRF

I can relate. I've ordered Winter Wilson from Amazon on December 20. It says it will be here between January 22 and February 12, but looking at the tracking information the last time it has moved was on December 30. I'm really curious if it will make it on time but probably not. Next time when I order PNSO models I'll probably wait untill a Dutch reseller has them in stock or I'll buy from AliExpress instead. But for Winter Wilson I couldn't bring myself to wait for that.  ::)
But today, I'm just being father

Bread

Quote from: SRF on January 13, 2021, 04:05:54 PM

I can relate. I've ordered Winter Wilson from Amazon on December 20. It says it will be here between January 22 and February 12, but looking at the tracking information the last time it has moved was on December 30. I'm really curious if it will make it on time but probably not. Next time when I order PNSO models I'll probably wait untill a Dutch reseller has them in stock or I'll buy from AliExpress instead. But for Winter Wilson I couldn't bring myself to wait for that.  ::)
Yes, I recommend Aliexpress, plenty of members use it for PNSO figures, as well as other brands like Vitae. I recommend these two sellers: Model Toy Center or My Online Toy Center. There are links posted in the PNSO Reference Thread. So far, here in the states, I received packages in about 20 days.
Hopefully you receive your packages soon, and welcome to the forum!

cooksonia

Cancel? Just sayin

SRF

Quote from: Bread on January 13, 2021, 04:57:48 PM
Quote from: SRF on January 13, 2021, 04:05:54 PM

Yes, I recommend Aliexpress, plenty of members use it for PNSO figures, as well as other brands like Vitae. I recommend these two sellers: Model Toy Center or My Online Toy Center. There are links posted in the PNSO Reference Thread. So far, here in the states, I received packages in about 20 days.
Hopefully you receive your packages soon, and welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the info on the AliExpress stores! I really hope it won't take Winter Wilson three months to get here.  :o

Lynx

I decided to see how much every recent PNSO figure (2019-2021) would cost. Surprisingly, I got a total of $1,443.58 dollars. People were not kidding when they said "PNSO is destroying my wallet".
An oversized house cat.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

When did people start calling the new Wilson "Winter Wilson"?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Lynx

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on January 13, 2021, 11:49:31 PM
When did people start calling the new Wilson "Winter Wilson"?
They started calling it that when PNSO announced the final name. I am pretty sure PNSO named it that to differentiate from "Wilson"
An oversized house cat.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I don't remember them staing anything more than Wilson. The word 'Winter' seemsto have manifested itself out of thin air in the last page or so
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Lynx

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on January 14, 2021, 12:17:11 AM
I don't remember them staing anything more than Wilson. The word 'Winter' seemsto have manifested itself out of thin air in the last page or so
Dans Dinosaurs has given it that name, and I assumed PNSO had given it that name as well. Seems they have not. However I think people started calling it that because of how several people labeled it.
An oversized house cat.

SRF

For me it also helps to distinguish the new Wilson from the old one, especially since I own the very first Wilson that came out back in 2017.

Sim

Everyone else seems to be really enjoying PNSO's new figures, but for me there's been something that stops me wanting the figures in most cases.  It's frustrating.  For the Atopodentatus, Spinosaurus and Tyrannosaurus, they're not species I want to have a figure of.  For the Lambeosaurus and Corythosaurus, the figures just don't appeal to me.  The Sinoceratops, Machairoceratops and Pachyrhinosaurus I find ugly.  The Sauropelta and Qianzhousaurus I don't like and I have the Safari versions of.  The Tuojiangosaurus has arbitrarily painted osteoderms that is off-putting.  The Borealopelta has a dorsal side that isn't painted as well as the prototype and which seems to clash with the more detailed paintjob of the lower sides of the animal, plus I dislike that it doesn't have cheeks.  The Pinacosaurus has a weird beak and the area around its cloaca is painted a different colour.  This leaves the Miragaia and Carnotaurus out of the new figures, and I plan to give them both a chance once Everything Dinosaur gets them.  Hopefully I'll be happy with them.

If anyone thinks they can advocate for any of the above figures in order to get me to like them, please reply and I'll consider your view.  I want to like these figures, but in most cases I just don't.  For comparison, the only other PNSO figures I like and have are the Ankylosaurus, Yangchuanosaurus and Chungkingosaurus 2-pack, Mamenchisaurus and Huayangosaurus.

Shonisaurus

As the saying goes "about tastes there is nothing written." In my case I like all the PNSO figures, but I have to confess that I am not very critical for two reasons, I do not have a sufficiently developed intellectual level and on the other hand I am satisfied with very little and for me I like those figures a lot. On the other hand, and that I buy and read when I can and have time, scientific dinosaur books, unfortunately, I do not understand anything about paleontology no matter how hard I try and I cannot compare myself with any member of DTF whose knowledge is incontestable.

In my case, the figures that I like less than PNSO are perhaps the pinacosaurus, it has very beautiful colors but honestly they ugly the figure a bit.

On the other hand, the miragaia will be a highly scientific figure but it seems to me a fantasy figure. I like the ones from other brands, first Carnegie's, and then its counterpart from PNSO and Collecta at the same level of genius.

The machairoceratops is a pretty figure but too small judging from the pictures.

The corythosaurus is quite an outstanding figure but perhaps it suffers from a bit of allometry, that is, from a somewhat large head problem. However for me it is the best corythosaurus that has been made to date and honestly it is the definitive corythosaurus figure to date, although I have to say that when Doug makes a corythosaurus he may replace said PNSO figure even though its size is dramatically smaller Considering the canons of Safari, however, I really like the touch of paint from the corythosaurus.

Regarding the lambeosaurus, it is a definitive hadrosaurid figure but perhaps it would need a touch of paint a little more realistic.

As far as the atopodentatus is concerned, it is a collector's figure, but perhaps what spoils this figure is its touch of war paint on its head, otherwise it is quite good in terms not only of size, but also that It is a highly dynamic figure but I honestly would have liked perhaps a slightly less dynamic figure a bit more static.

Honestly, the pachyrhinosaurus by many members of PNSO is highly valued and I have this figure but I undoubtedly stay with that of other brands such as Safari or Battat, it may be a highly scientific figure but perhaps my opinion about said figure would vary with a touch of paint like that made by Martin Garratt or any other DTF member or artist, I have seen the repaints of each of the DTF members and they are all great they far exceed their repaint to that of the initial brand figure.

The qianzhousaurus is the definitive figure of this species of tyrannosauroid, until very recently a "nobody" in the toy dinosaur market, but with this version of PNSO and its mini figure of the same brand together with that of Safari it is highly represented, however it has defects that make me prefer that of Doug Watson from Safari, the first one with an articulated jaw, I am a maniac, I admit it but I hate articulated jaws and on the other hand it has stability problems, which does not happen to me with the figure from Safari, on the other hand it has a figure support without a doubt practical and pleasant but in my case that I am an old-fashioned I like it better with a non-removable base like those that Collecta did until very recently and that for Unfortunately he has abandoned or as he masterfully did Safari with his giganotosaurus which he called giganotosaurus "zebra".

Without a doubt the figures that I like the most, I mean the latest PNSO figures are the sinoceratops, tyrannosaurus rex, carnotaurus, sauropelta and borealopelta and to a lesser extent the spinosaurus, yes for me it is a great scientific figure but if it were the same size that his counterpart at GR Toys would have appreciated it much more and would have a more positive opinion although I am still in my thirteen and although it is not a hundred percent scientific figure the spinosaurus that I like the most by far is Papo's spinosaurus although I know that adapts to Papo's own artistic and commercial freedom.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: