News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Quote from: SRF on February 03, 2021, 04:56:27 PM
This morning I was looking at some PNSO models at Model Toy Center and My Online Toy Store. Now after work I was looking at them again, since I finally made up my mind to order the Carnotaurus. But now the expected delivery dates for both stores are pushed back with a full month compared to this morning. Meaning for example that if I would order from MTC the delivery is expected on the 8th of April instead of the 4th of March. If I order at MOTS this would be faster btw (March 12 now instead of February 16 this morning) but I wanted to try MTC since I've seen people here recommend it more often.

Has anyone else noticed this too? Is this due to the Chines new year?
Yeah, I'd recommend to not order from those stores or any PNSO figures until after Chinese New Year. However, sometimes the expected tracking date could be incorrect. A little less than a month ago, back in early January, I ordered both the Carnotaurus and Pinacosaurus from Model Toy Center. The expected delivery date for the package (both figures were in 1 package) was late February. I received both figures in about 12 days, which is not only fast but incredibly earlier than the expected delivery date. So you really never know with tracking information and expected delivery dates as they could be incorrect. Hope this information/example helps. Remember, Aliexpress has buyer's protection, just in case the package never shows up or shipping issues.

Carnoking

Just to toss in my two cents, I order a W-Dragon Giraffatitan from Model Toy Center, and I don't believe it's moved since the 12th of December, so maybe it would be better to wait if you want to order from that store.

SRF

Quote from: Bread on February 03, 2021, 06:30:53 PM
Quote from: SRF on February 03, 2021, 04:56:27 PM
This morning I was looking at some PNSO models at Model Toy Center and My Online Toy Store. Now after work I was looking at them again, since I finally made up my mind to order the Carnotaurus. But now the expected delivery dates for both stores are pushed back with a full month compared to this morning. Meaning for example that if I would order from MTC the delivery is expected on the 8th of April instead of the 4th of March. If I order at MOTS this would be faster btw (March 12 now instead of February 16 this morning) but I wanted to try MTC since I've seen people here recommend it more often.

Has anyone else noticed this too? Is this due to the Chines new year?
Yeah, I'd recommend to not order from those stores or any PNSO figures until after Chinese New Year. However, sometimes the expected tracking date could be incorrect. A little less than a month ago, back in early January, I ordered both the Carnotaurus and Pinacosaurus from Model Toy Center. The expected delivery date for the package (both figures were in 1 package) was late February. I received both figures in about 12 days, which is not only fast but incredibly earlier than the expected delivery date. So you really never know with tracking information and expected delivery dates as they could be incorrect. Hope this information/example helps. Remember, Aliexpress has buyer's protection, just in case the package never shows up or shipping issues.

Thanks, this helps. Well to be on the safe side I'll just wait untill after the Chinese New Year.

I am still waiting for the Qianzhousaurus and the Ankylosaurus which I ordered two weeks ago from My Online Toy Store. They should arrive tomorrow, but I don't expect to receive them before the weekend actually. But still that would be a lot faster than Amazon. If they do arrive here shortly, I'll probably buy from MOTS again.
But today, I'm just being father

Bread

I decided to put this issue I had posted in my collection thread, here in the PNSO thread as there may be more input and overall information to help others dealing with balancing issues. Both my Lambeosaurus and Corythosaurus do not stand whatsoever unless the support rod from Wilson is being used. I am currently looking for duplicates or a similar stand in order to have both figures displayed. I've tried googling/searching for transparent stands or figure stands, but nothing I have found is similar to Wilson's.

suspsy

I only have the Lambeosaurus and I have had no issues with balance. Guess I got lucky.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SidB

Quote from: suspsy on February 04, 2021, 04:09:04 PM
I only have the Lambeosaurus and I have had no issues with balance. Guess I got lucky.
Both my Corythosaurus and Lambeosaurus have over the last couple of months shown no propensity to fall, so I suspect that this may not be a generalized problem, fortunately, though time always tells.

avatar_Bread @Bread ,There seems to be a need for a transparent plastic material that can be easily fabricated into an appropriate support mechanism. I wonder if anyone knows of such a product that might be readily available and workable?

Sim

avatar_Bread @Bread, have you tried telling PNSO about your problem and asking them for additional plastic stands?

ceratopsian

I already contacted them about the problem this morning via Messenger, as they are posting things again on Facebook.  If that brings no response, I'll try to find an e-mail for them.  They have always been helpful in the past.  Perhaps it would be a good idea for avatar_Bread @Bread to contact them as well, so they know it's more than one person with the issue.

Quote from: Sim on February 04, 2021, 05:31:51 PM
avatar_Bread @Bread, have you tried telling PNSO about your problem and asking them for additional plastic stands?

Bread

I've actually considered contacting them if no one is able to find similar stands to Wilson's. I will contact them through their Amazon store, which is where their email is I believe. Thanks everyone!

And yes, I will ask about the transparent stands and whether I am able to receive any. If so, I'll post an update, as this would be an answer for those facing stability issues, or future stability issues.

S @SidB and avatar_suspsy @suspsy glad your figures do not face this issue. Both of mine at first did not fall or show signs of falling until about 2 or so weeks after I received them. I guess it is a matter of time whether or not your figures remain stable.

PNSO should provide these stands for all of their figures that have thins legs, besides their bipedal figures. As these are the ones that tend to have stability issues.

Mattyonyx

Since you're talking about Model Toy Center, I'm just sharing my very first (and probably only) experience with the seller.

Since we all know the PNSO Machairoceratops differs a lot from the promotional images, I decided to buy it without the box, mainly because I was told even that option was excellent.
So I ordered a Boxed Qianzhousaurus and the unboxed Machairoceratops. When the package arrived, I realized the Machairoceratops was put in the box upside down, with half of the head under the Qianzhousaurus box, and now the horns are bent in a strange way. The upper ones were not as symmetrical as they should be, and worst of all, the right frontal horn was squashed to the inner side. After telling me that the angle was correct (which is not true) the Seller just suggested me to use hot boiled water to soak its corners: it changed its appearance just a little and the horns warped again in a matter of few hours. After sharing pictures of the figure, the seller kept saying it wasn't bad.
Then I opened a dispute, which was basically solved by Aliexpress, and received a partial refund.

Things like this can happen, it was the Seller's attitude that gave me a really bad impression.

Bread

Sorry to hear about the warping on your Machairoceratops' horns. I for one have never had issues with the seller, but your experience does seem quite bad. Glad you at least received a partial refund. I'll keep this in mind if I ever order a PNSO figure that has any thin plastic parts that may be acceptable to warping, I'll definitely resort to purchasing the boxed version.

Dromaenychus

Quote from: SidB on February 04, 2021, 04:28:47 PM
Quote from: suspsy on February 04, 2021, 04:09:04 PM
Both my Corythosaurus and Lambeosaurus have over the last couple of months shown no propensity to fall, so I suspect that this may not be a generalized problem, fortunately, though time always tells.

avatar_Bread @Bread ,There seems to be a need for a transparent plastic material that can be easily fabricated into an appropriate support mechanism. I wonder if anyone knows of such a product that might be readily available and workable?

My Lambeosaurus has no issues, but the Corythosaurus has it's center of mass to its right and the front legs are too thin. I put it on a spare Beasts of the Mesozoic raptor base. The irregular terrain helps tilt it a little in the opposite direction, so it doesn't topple over any more.

Giovs

Blast, wish I had checked this thread before ordering two Dinosaur models from Model Toy Center.
Ordered Pinacosaurus and Stegosaurus, and it's saying it  may take 24 days to ship (instead of the usual 8 days). Hope it doesn't take that long... I think it won't, since it never took them more than 1 day to ship my order.

Edit: Turns out there was no need to worry, the order was already shipped!

rdsaplala

Quote from: Giovs on February 05, 2021, 01:58:12 AM
Blast, wish I had checked this thread before ordering two Dinosaur models from Model Toy Center.
Ordered Pinacosaurus and Stegosaurus, and it's saying it  may take 24 days to ship (instead of the usual 8 days). Hope it doesn't take that long... I think it won't, since it never took them more than 1 day to ship my order.

Edit: Turns out there was no need to worry, the order was already shipped!

I experienced the same thing, but I'm inclined to give these China-based suppliers some slack with regards to shipping/customs clearance during this period. I get my PNSO figures from Tao Bao and they also have a disclaimer stating that shipping/customs will be slow up to Feb 19 due to the long holiday. Hopefully, things will ease out after this period.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Mattyonyx on February 04, 2021, 09:16:17 PM
Since you're talking about Model Toy Center, I'm just sharing my very first (and probably only) experience with the seller.

Since we all know the PNSO Machairoceratops differs a lot from the promotional images, I decided to buy it without the box, mainly because I was told even that option was excellent.
So I ordered a Boxed Qianzhousaurus and the unboxed Machairoceratops. When the package arrived, I realized the Machairoceratops was put in the box upside down, with half of the head under the Qianzhousaurus box, and now the horns are bent in a strange way. The upper ones were not as symmetrical as they should be, and worst of all, the right frontal horn was squashed to the inner side. After telling me that the angle was correct (which is not true) the Seller just suggested me to use hot boiled water to soak its corners: it changed its appearance just a little and the horns warped again in a matter of few hours. After sharing pictures of the figure, the seller kept saying it wasn't bad.
Then I opened a dispute, which was basically solved by Aliexpress, and received a partial refund.

Things like this can happen, it was the Seller's attitude that gave me a really bad impression.

Honestly, in my case I don't usually buy figures without a box, now I see that I was not wrong. I am not going to skimp a few euros actually 1 or 2 euros at most to buy a dinosaur figure without a box. avatar_Mattyonyx @Mattyonyx  Thank you for your comment, it is quite illustrative and without a doubt it has warned me of the consequences of what can happen to me when buying a dinosaur figure without a box.

In my case I bought a spinosaurus from GR Toys and an ankylosaurus from Nanmu without a box and luckily I had no problem with that shipment and with none of the figures.

SRF

Well that was a nice surprise, today my two PNSO models that I ordered at My Online Toy Store came in! It took them 16 days to get here, so that's still quite fast. The packages were well packed. I ordered both the Ankylosaurus and the Qianzhousaurus with their boxes. The few Euros that would save me aren't worth the risk I feel.

Now on to the models, because I have some issues with them actually.

First the Ankylosaurus. Since I have the Safari Ltd Ankylosaurus I didn't feel I needed the PNSO Ankylosaurus. But since I like to display my Tyrannosaurs with animals from their own time and environment, I decided to get what I already felt is the best Ankylosaurus available to display together with my Winter Wilson. I still feel it is the best Ankylosaurus, but oh man the coloration on my Ankylosaurus is a bit of a let down. I know PNSO's end product doesn't always match the promotional images, but the colors are a lot more dull than I see on other in hand pictures and review videos on YouTube. I haven't been able to take and upload some pictures yet, but my Ankylosaurus seems to be a lot more greyish and dusty than on the images in the review on this website for instance. It's like the paintwork is unfinished, as if they forgot to put the lighter yellowish colors which are present on the underside of the model on the upperside. It makes the model a lot less lively.

I know this model was released back in 2019, so I wonder if this is just a quality control issue or that the quality of the paintwork tends to go downhill after the initial release?

Then over to the Qianzhousaurus. This model is very well done and I'm very happy to finally have it. Only nitpick I have here: the model came without the plastic stand. For now it stands very well, but I really feel the stand is needed to keep it that way. So maybe I'll also have to contact MOTS or PNSO to see if I can get a plastic stand for A-shu.

Bread

Congratulations on the pickups avatar_SRF @SRF
I have to say the Ankylosaurus is probably one of their best models in terms of being affordable with great paint applications/scheme. However, yes you are right that over time, and since it is a 2019 model, the application has somewhat been slacking. My Ankylosaurus has the same issues as yours, compared to others. Bit of a shame, yes. Also, you should contact the seller or PNSO as you did not receive a plastic stand, which is pretty odd and I think you are the first to not receive one in the box.

A bit of an update, PNSO responded to my email. I also posted this in my collection thread, but I figured I should also post an update here. PNSO said they can not send me extra stands individually. I would need to purchase a model that comes with a stand and request for more. Somewhat good news.

SRF

Quote from: Bread on February 05, 2021, 01:38:02 PM
Congratulations on the pickups avatar_SRF @SRF
I have to say the Ankylosaurus is probably one of their best models in terms of being affordable with great paint applications/scheme. However, yes you are right that over time, and since it is a 2019 model, the application has somewhat been slacking. My Ankylosaurus has the same issues as yours, compared to others. Bit of a shame, yes. Also, you should contact the seller or PNSO as you did not receive a plastic stand, which is pretty odd and I think you are the first to not receive one in the box.

A bit of an update, PNSO responded to my email. I also posted this in my collection thread, but I figured I should also post an update here. PNSO said they can not send me extra stands individually. I would need to purchase a model that comes with a stand and request for more. Somewhat good news.

Thanks for the reply! I've also found some comment on AliExpress about the Ankylosaurus having greyish colors because PNSO would have switched factories, so that could also have something to do with it. Oh well, it doesn't bother me too much, Sede still looks quite good from a distance. Up close is a different story.

I felt pretty "special" seeing there was nothing in the compartment of the plastic tray where the parts of the stand should be. I will contact the seller, I still have to confirm that I received my models anyway. Interesting though that PNSO is responding that they can send extra stands, since I'm still planning on purchasing the Carnotaurus. But does that mean that you have to buy directly from them through Amazon to make that possible?

SRF

Sorry for the spam but here's a small update. I've contacted My Online Toy Store and they immediately responded that they will include an extra stand when I order something from them in the near future. That's good service! I will order my next PNSO models from them after all it seems.

Sim

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: