News:

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2024. Deadline for submissions is October 29th 2024. Contest details here.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

DinoToyForum

suspsy

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on September 06, 2016, 10:43:22 AM
Apparently they come with boxes now, yay. FYI, PNSO made aa whole bunch more mini dinosaurs for their line. Safari and CollectA is gonna face some REAL competition if they get released out of China. Time for some eye candy.
Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LKQPEBW/ref=twister_B01LKQRSFW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

This Basilosaurus looks very promising, although I'd love to see a clear view of the hind limbs.

And this Carcharocles is fantastic! It doesn't just look like an oversized great white shark. This is a monolithic titan of the deep. Love it!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

DinoToyForum

Quote from: darth daniel on September 06, 2016, 08:38:45 PM
PNSO offers these posters for sale (LINK), I hope they will release a Mamenchisaurus figure similar to the ones on the poster in the future.

I have this poster. It is huge and awesome.  8)

Roselaar

I totally missed out on the minisaurs until now. Great line-up of species! Hopefully these will be widely available before long.

Sim

Quote from: suspsy on September 08, 2016, 10:20:42 PM
This Basilosaurus looks very promising, although I'd love to see a clear view of the hind limbs.

Its hind limbs can be seen in some of the photos of it on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/PNSO-Age-Dinosaurs-Basilosaurus-20/dp/B01LMVAF1Y/ref=pd_sim_201_7?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=RSAYP6YA453DMWRX1H18

And on the page I linked to above, PNSO has now added those three limited edition resin figures (Mamenchisaurus, Huayangosaurus and Tsintaosaurus)!  They weren't there last time I looked at that page!  Although their price is still very different from that of the plastic figures..

Daspletodave

Quote from: sauroid on September 06, 2016, 11:45:59 AM
uh oh! the major western brands have a very serious competition in the form of PNSO. if PNSO keeps on producing this high level of quality and accuracy and would distribute all over the world, they will dominate the collectors market. as i said before, PNSO is the paradox of chinese dino/prehistoric figure makers, a sharp contrast with the ugly chinasaurs and the cheapo bootlegs.

the best of Schleich looks pitiful beside any of the PNSOs. just imagine if PNSO would also make extant animal figures.

I doubt any of the other brands are seriously worried about PNSO. Dinosaurs are a niche market, and it seems to me that PNSO is a niche within a niche. Large, expensive hollow vinyl dinosaurs are not that popular. I bought the two hadrosaurs, and will be very selective about buying any more - they're just too big. I think most collectors want their dinos to be roughly in scale with each other.
So their big dinos are simply too big, and their minis are just too small - 3 inches long.
Now if they would only make their dinos in the "Favorite/Wild Safari" comparable size then look out!

suspsy

Quote from: Sim on September 08, 2016, 11:21:44 PM
Quote from: suspsy on September 08, 2016, 10:20:42 PM

Its hind limbs can be seen in some of the photos of it on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/PNSO-Age-Dinosaurs-Basilosaurus-20/dp/B01LMVAF1Y/ref=pd_sim_201_7?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=RSAYP6YA453DMWRX1H18

Ah good, thank you. Can't have a transitional form without clear evidence of transition!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

tanystropheus

Quote from: stargatedalek on September 08, 2016, 05:42:24 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on September 08, 2016, 05:37:32 PM
Quote from: stargatedalek on September 08, 2016, 04:48:51 PM
....... I wonder how large these are, because even with the sail that Nyctosaurus is a must have if it's anywhere close to 1:20 or larger.

Definitely not. I guess they're about the size of Kaiyodo's Dinotales.
That would be in about 1:20th scale. Nyctosaurus was rather small.

That's exactly the reason I ordered the  Nyctosaurus as my first PNSO purchase. Even thought it is 3" mini-figure, it is just about right in size and should go well with my other pterosaur models.

I'm probably going to pick up a few more minis at a later point. I have the CollectA Kosmoceratops and I have a feeling the PNSO version is about the same size. I could be wrong.

tanystropheus

I am loving the overall look of the PNSO as I am a fan of "lifelike" models. I am not going to define "lifelike" as it will likely derail the thread and there are plenty of other threads on that topic. 

The PNSO models look like they are combining the best of Papos with the best of Arakis (right down to artistic license with respect to the emaciated appearance). Aside from the derp T-rex (and they should probably do a resculpt), these models are fantastic. REBOR models would also be noteworthy, but their aesthetics are exaggerated, especially the scales and scutes.

I can hardly pronounce the names of the "Peking" models and many of the obscure species are not familiar to me. Are these regional dinosaurs?

Sim

Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 08, 2016, 10:14:54 PM
I hope you like the new PNSO banner I added ;)

It looks much nicer than the previous one with the Jurassic World toys!  I've already clicked on it at least once, unlike the Jurassic World one which I never clicked on.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Albertosaurus on September 08, 2016, 06:56:56 PM
I just bought the Chungkingosaurus. That thing is MASSIVE! 50cm long! I really hope that the paint job is good enough so I don´t have to repaint it or send it to Martin.

must have missed it...who has them for sale?

Takama

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 09, 2016, 02:05:51 AM
I just bought the Chungkingosaurus. That thing is MASSIVE! 50cm long! I really hope that the paint job is good enough so I don´t have to repaint it or send it to Martin.

AMAZON
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LMUZC3G/ref=twister_B01IMSEJG2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on September 09, 2016, 02:21:34 AM

AMAZON
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LMUZC3G/ref=twister_B01IMSEJG2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

No need to shout, thanks.

Takama

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 09, 2016, 03:26:28 AM
Quote from: Takama on September 09, 2016, 02:21:34 AM

AMAZON

No need to shout, thanks.

Did not mean too. sorry caps lock was on  :-[

Blade-of-the-Moon

RobinGoodfellow

New PNSO Models on Amazon:

PNSO Age of the Dinosaurs 1:35 Huayangosaurus Taibaii

PNSO Age of the Dinosaurs 1:20 Tsintaosaurus Spinorhinus

PNSO Age of the Dinosaurs 1:10 Mamenchisaurus Hochuanensis

Really too much expensive even for my wallet   :'(

https://www.amazon.com/PNSO-Age-Dinosaurs-Basilosaurus-20/dp/B01LSWGMLO/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=RSAYP6YA453DMWRX1H18&linkCode=sl1&tag=dinoshop-20&linkId=b6d80c755dabdab0a6babb66cb378878

Others PNSO Big&Mini already ordered and on my thread soon (I hope, it depends on the shipping time...)

sauroid

wish PNSO just made those three figures into plastic instead of limited ed resin.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

DinoToyForum

So much has changed since this thread was first created. Now it is getting busy and difficult to navigate. I feel that this thread could be left as a topic about PNSO in general -  as a company. Then, we could do with separate threads for the lines in the "new for 2016" section with images of the figures in the first posts. Say, a thread for the minis. A thread for the resins. And do on. Or, just a single topic in the new for 2016 section may do? Anyone up for the challenge?

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on September 09, 2016, 08:11:41 AM
Others PNSO Big&Mini already ordered and on my thread soon (I hope, it depends on the shipping time...)

Have you bought all of them? Can't wait to see your pictures...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: