News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

why is it uniformly mud colored? like an unfinished sculpture or something...  PNSO is so inconsistent in terms of the size of their models and prices. i dont think the Triceratops is striking looking enough to warrant a steep price tag.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Dobber

So is PNSO only using Amazon.UK now? The Facebook response posted earlier said they were having technical issues with Amazon.com. Are they going to fix it?

As for the Trike, I like the look of it but the price is a little steep. :(

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Dobber

After I just posted I went to the Amazon.UK listing for the Trike. It is 49.99GBP. Maybe you saw another seller listing with an inflated price? 49.99 is very reasonable IMO.

Chris

Dobber

I just ordered the Trike and also used the promo code with no problems. No issues for shipping to the US either. Total was £39.99...$51.68. After discount. Not too bad IMO.

Chris

DinoLord

The sculpt is nice but the colors a bit dull; it'd make either a good female or repaint candidate. Hard to say if the scales are too big without having the figure in hand. I've seen the Lane impressions in person and many of the scales are actually quite large.

Shadowknight1

So, the only Tyrannosaurs currently available are the baby and the big rearing tripod?
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Albertosaurus

Quote from: Dobber on November 07, 2016, 01:13:04 PM
After I just posted I went to the Amazon.UK listing for the Trike. It is 49.99GBP. Maybe you saw another seller listing with an inflated price? 49.99 is very reasonable IMO.

Chris

It seems like they changed the price. Maybe a mistake?

ceratopsian

Quote from: Albertosaurus on November 07, 2016, 03:30:25 PM
Quote from: Dobber on November 07, 2016, 01:13:04 PM

Chris

It seems like they changed the price. Maybe a mistake?

They definitely changed the price.  Perhaps they listed the dollar price by mistake on the sterling site?

ceratopsian

I would have liked a little more colour, but with the discount applied it seemed a fair price.  (Though of course one needs to factor in hefty import dues.)  Anyway, I went for it.

Simon

That Trike is distinctly UNDERWHELMING as seen in that one photo - are the front legs/feet accurate?  Can't tell. Scales?  Too large.  It reminds me of the cheap plastic (but great model otherwise) "Great Dinosaurs" Safari hollow Triceratops - at 10X the price!!!

I'm not sold on this one til I see some more angles....

Sim

I'm not sure this PNSO Triceratops has scales that are too big.  Skin impressions from Triceratops show it had large scales.  Photos can be seen in this blog post: http://markwitton-com.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/dinosaur-scales-some-thoughts-for.html

The skin of this PNSO Triceratops looks like it might be accurate - it seems to have the larger scales with a central projection surrounded by smaller scales, and I've read Triceratops apparently had crocodile-like belly scales too which it looks like this figure has.

Albertosaurus

The problem is that the scales are the same size all over his body....and that looks really strange.

suspsy

I think the sculpting looks pretty good, but the colours on that poor Triceratops couldn't be more boring.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

MLMjp

I was excited for this trike but now I am disappointed.

I like the sculpt but that´s it.

Didn't´t Acro-man said that this Trike was going to be part of a new 1:35 scale range of PNSO dinos? Then why it´s measurements are 38x10x14? That´s no 1:35 and it was the main reason I wanted, because I need a new trike. Did PNSO suddenly decided not to make this dinosaur in the promised scale or did they made a mistake? Plus, like a lot of you said, the colors are rather boring which is weird because the Tyrannosaurus had brighter colors. And I can´t tell if the front feet are accurate or not.

Last but not least when I saw the price take I was like WHAT :o? For a 1:35 figure? Not even Rebor would do that! Until I saw that the figure was bigger and now the price has lowered a bit, but still expensive for what it is.

A same, I had high hopes for this figure.

Maybe Acro-man can tell us what´s going on with this. Is this the Triceratops that was promised?

Halichoeres

This new Triceratops is a nice sculpt, but I'm also skeptical of the feet. I don't think this is the 1:35 Triceratops that was discussed earlier, but instead part of the big vinyl line. Looks to be more like 1:20. The 1:35 Tyrannosaurus WIP clearly fit in a hand.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

MLMjp

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 07, 2016, 05:17:46 PM
This new Triceratops is a nice sculpt, but I'm also skeptical of the feet. I don't think this is the 1:35 Triceratops that was discussed earlier, but instead part of the big vinyl line. Looks to be more like 1:20. The 1:35 Tyrannosaurus WIP clearly fit in a hand.

I hope you're right. We just need Acro-man to clarify this

sauroid

the sculpt is excellent, as expected. the color scheme seems like they had to rush to finish it, what a letdown. scale, disappointment. price is ok-ish.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

RobinGoodfellow

News for the not-only-prehistoric-life collectors: PNSO Family Zoo White Rhinoceros / Family Zoo Hippopotamus / Family Zoo African Elephant

First pictures are great:  https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01M9JZHO0/sr=8-12/qid=1478592999/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=&qid=1478592999&sr=8-12&th=1

PNSO products now available also on Amazon Italy  8)

:)

sauroid

whoah £49.99 for a Rhino figure... oh well...

Flaffy

Meh, not too interested in this line up so far, trike is just your average dull coloured trike, the mammals are nice, but not my cup of tea.
I'm just waiting on the 1/35 tyrannosaurus and (possibly) the 1/35 triceratops, hopefully with an articulated jaw as well.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: