News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: stegosauria on May 04, 2018, 09:43:43 AM
This Mamenchisaurus isn't one of their earlier figures? PNSO released at least two statues of Mamenchisaurus before they shut down their prehistoric figure production.

Yes, it's an already released resin statue.
PNSO released 3 resin figures:

Mamenchisaurus

Huayangosaurus

Tsintaosaurus (that I have in my collection..)

:)

Shonisaurus

So for now there is no news in terms of releasing new figures of both resin and PVC. I had the illusion that PNSO had resumed the production of prehistoric animal figures but I see that it is a resin figure of the same company already unfortunately made.

In any case it must be a very large figure for the price. It is a highly recommended figure for a collector who has economic possibilities and an incalculable space to place said figure in his bookshelf or resin. It is a great figure, which leaves its PVC counterpart PNSO small.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 04, 2018, 10:50:14 AM
So for now there is no news in terms of releasing new figures of both resin and PVC.

The only news are about PNSO posting again on Facebook after a long time... we could hope that something is moving..  O:-)

Minmiminime

That certainly gives cause for optimism ;D
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Sim

The feathering isn't correct for Microraptor or Archaeopteryx.  Maybe it's Anchiornis.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Sim on May 06, 2018, 11:39:39 PM
The feathering isn't correct for Microraptor or Archaeopteryx.  Maybe it's Anchiornis.

Yes, that's what I was thinking. Perhaps, they are restocking some of their minis?

tanystropheus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on May 04, 2018, 10:02:23 AM
Quote from: stegosauria on May 04, 2018, 09:43:43 AM
This Mamenchisaurus isn't one of their earlier figures? PNSO released at least two statues of Mamenchisaurus before they shut down their prehistoric figure production.

Yes, it's an already released resin statue.
PNSO released 3 resin figures:

Mamenchisaurus

The Mamenchi might someday become the holy grail of dinosaur figures/models.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 07, 2018, 06:15:07 AM
Quote from: Sim on May 06, 2018, 11:39:39 PM

Yes, that's what I was thinking. Perhaps, they are restocking some of their minis?

Are there possibilities for you to continue with the production projects of amargasaurus, spinosaurus and giganotosaurus? They were for me expected figures hopefully one day they will be commercialized

Halichoeres

They never made a mini Anchiornis, but they did make a statue, didn't they? Not sure if it was ever sold, though.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Jose S.M.

The mini they made was Confusiornis, but the pose of that one is different I think. It has it's legs back.

Sim

PNSO made mini figures of Confuciusornis, Archaeopteryx and Microraptor but none of these looks like the silhouette they posted, especially the Confuciusornis which has an extremely different tail and doesn't have long leg feathers.

stegosauria

For me the silhouette resembles the Microraptor from the 7 little dinosaurs set.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on May 07, 2018, 10:20:22 PM
The mini they made was Confusiornis, but the pose of that one is different I think. It has it's legs back.

Oops, I must have Confus it with the Anchiornis.

acro-man

It's the Microraptor from China Post 7 Little Dinosaurs

PNSO made an Anchiornis though as a very limited collectable though, for many years.
Only a few museums and a couple (less than 3 I believe) collectors hold them.
Back then, the species was not well studied, or Zhao Chuang just interpreted it that way, it may possess some inaccuraries.
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/4975203313?red_tag=2045232675

Both were made by Zhao Chuang.
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Shonisaurus

By the way, Acro-man. Do you know anything about PNSO? I would like to know first hand if they are going to continue with the production of dinosaurs and if they are going to return to the company one of my favorite paleoartists that is Zhao Chuang.

I have seen his works of art (apart from the stamp book of the PNSO mini dinosaurs of China) and the book of the tyrannosaurus Wilson in the prestigious book of he art of the dinosaur: illustrations by the top paleoartists in the world and I am enthusiastic about his work. It is fable. I hope he advises a toy company of dinosaurs and resin animals because his works are fabulous. In fact the dinosaurs and prehistoric animals of PNSO are based on his work, speaking of the subject a palpable example is the microraptor of the mini dinosaurs of China is taken from a paleoartistic work of Zhao Chuang.

In case that the PNSO figures were commercialized and there was no distributor in Europe you know dear Acro-man where you would have a secure buyer.

acro-man

I would be craving to hear "first-hand news" too.
But more often I hear them from this forum.
It appears these companies tend to publish news on Facebook rather than any dinosaur communities in China, while they know FB is blocked in China. PNSO & Vitae, just to name a few. ::)

喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Sim

Quote from: acro-man on May 08, 2018, 02:52:28 PM
It's the Microraptor from China Post 7 Little Dinosaurs

The silhouette is different from that figure in a number of ways.  For example, the silhouette appears to have the mouth open, while it's closed in that Microraptor figure, and the tail feathering of the silhouette and figure is different.

Jose S.M.

I see the mouth open too, and it seems it doesn't have the long feathers in the tail's end, if I'm not wrong the mini Microraptor has them,

Carnosaur

Has there been any news on the fate of PNSO's dinosaur models?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: