News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syndicate Bias

Does anyone know what is the red theropod?

Bucklander

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on June 18, 2018, 04:41:45 PM
Does anyone know what is the red theropod?

Given the banded tail and the overall Compsognathid form, I'd bet it's Sinosauropteryx.

Syndicate Bias

Oooh my bad i meant the one up front

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on June 18, 2018, 06:01:05 PM

The big theropod? Maybe it's the giganotosaurus.

Ceratosaurus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on June 18, 2018, 06:01:05 PM
Is this not the same figure in a different color?
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Sim

S @Syndicate Bias avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus avatar_Ceratosaurus @Ceratosaurus

It sounds like you might not have seen my post on the previous page (Reply #875) in which I commented on how that figure appears to be a Yangchuanosaurus seen with five different colour schemes?

Ceratosaurus

Quote from: Sim on June 18, 2018, 07:05:10 PM
S @Syndicate Bias avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus avatar_Ceratosaurus @Ceratosaurus

It sounds like you might not have seen my post on the previous page (Reply #875) in which I commented on how that figure appears to be a Yangchuanosaurus seen with five different colour schemes?

I thought that's what you meant but I wasn't sure. Seemed like a lot of different paint schemes for one figure.
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Syndicate Bias

It can't be. That one has a sharper head sculpt and the yangchuanosaurus is more circular/round.

It gives off the carcharodontosaurus vibe to it but not 100% like one idk i know its not a giganotosaurus since that one has the different posture. Idk maybe another theropod, the head is different though

Syndicate Bias

Wait nvm you're right it is a Yangchuanosaurus as you say. Its the same figure i just got thrown off by the upper jaw part

Shonisaurus

Thanks for the clarification Sim, I had not noticed. Apart from my ignorance about paleontology, (I thought it was a giganotosaurus) I recognize that I am obsessed with the PNSO giganotosaurus. Anyway it is even much better news that PNSO has made a Yanchuanosaurus since the only version I have of that creature is the yangchuanosaurus with skeleton, from the Safari brand of the series "Dinosaurs of China".

I'm glad it's a yangchuanosaurus since this theropod figure is very undervalued in the toy market.

Sim

avatar_Ceratosaurus @Ceratosaurus, you're right that it's an unusually high number of colour schemes for one figure.  They do all look like the same figure to me though.  I noticed more than one base is shown for these Yangchuanosaurus figures.  These two photos show the figures have a muddy base that also has room for the Chungkingosaurus seen in the photos:

The photo below shows the figure on a rocky base that only has space for it:

Perhaps this could mean the Yangchuanosaurus figure was originally going to be released with one type of base, but then it was changed to the other type?  Or, it was planned to be released both on its own on the rocky base, and in a set with the Chungkingosaurus on the muddy base?  In either of these situations, perhaps two different sets of colour schemes were then created for the Yangchuanosaurus, one set for the figure with the muddy base and the other set for the figure with the rocky base?  I can see how it would be easier to believe there's just more than one figure here, but I can't see any definite differences between them except for colouration.

I've also just looked at some older posts in this thread, and saw posts by acro-man and Flaffy (who I believe can both speak Chinese) in which the two figures on the muddy base are referred to as "Yangchuanosaurus VS Chungkingosaurus" while the figure in the photo below is said to be Yangchuanosaurus:

This is the post by acro-man: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4503.msg165868;topicseen#msg165868
And this is the post by Flaffy: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4503.msg175520;topicseen#msg175520

Shonisaurus

As it is logical, the figures of finished prototypes of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals of PNSO are millimetric reproductions of the pictorial and paleoartistic work of Zhao Chuang.

Honestly I would prefer that the dinosaurs lacked bases to be honest, but that is within the philosophy of each company that I respect and apart from that their dinosaur bases are authentic works of art.

With a bit of luck, a model of the almost unknown yangchuanosaurus and the scurvy scurvy (at least for me) chungkingosaurus will soon be produced. I sincerely prefer that toy dinosaur companies release in the trade figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals unknown or underrepresented.

ITdactyl

hmmm... I always thought the Yangchuanosaurus in the cabinet with a smaller base is a maquette/statue and different from the mass produced PVC figure (the one with a bigger base).  'Might be wrong though.

Shadowknight1

That Microraptor is pretty nice.  But all I really want right now is that Spinosaurus.  It's so good looking.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

ceratopsian

Today's poster on Facebook:

With the text:
"Dear PNSO's friends, welcome our 6th guest invited by ZHAO Chuang and YANG Yang from 66 million years ago - the #Triceratops Doyle.
The #Triceratops Doyle will wait to see you in this summer in Beijing, China."

KeU

Quote from: catchup on August 24, 2017, 02:03:56 PM

If anyone is interested in their given names...
There is a few which were confusing but I am able to confirm from their fb posts.
The only one I am not certain is the Amargasaurus.
Tyrannosaurus Wilson
Triceratops Doyle
Mamenchisaurus Elma
Amargasaurus Lucio (?)
Spinosaurus Essien
Giganotosaurus Lucas
Mosaurus Ron
Yangchuanosaurus David
Chungkingosaurus Bieber

Again, the names are based of the old post. There is a possibility that the names might be changed.

Brolyss4

Quote from: KeU on June 20, 2018, 08:45:25 PM
Quote from: catchup on August 24, 2017, 02:03:56 PM

There is a few which were confusing but I am able to confirm from their fb posts.
Tyrannosaurus Wilson
Triceratops Doyle
Mamenchisaurus Elma
Amargasaurus Lucio (?)
Spinosaurus Essien
Giganotosaurus Lucas
Mosaurus Ron
Yangchuanosaurus David
Chungkingosaurus Bieber

Again, the names are based of the old post. There is a possibility that the names might be changed.

Are this figures 1/35? In the image Doyle and Wilson were 1/35, is the same with the rest of the dinosaurs shown here?

KeU

Quote from: KeU on June 20, 2018, 08:45:25 PM
Tyrannosaurus Wilson
Triceratops Doyle
Mamenchisaurus Elma
Amargasaurus Lucio (?)
Spinosaurus Essien
Giganotosaurus Lucas
Mosaurus Ron
Yangchuanosaurus David
Chungkingosaurus Bieber
Removing the name for the Yangchuanosaurus.
I misread. It's not David.
It literally means Big Brave, but I am sure that is not the actual english name.

Shonisaurus

If the PNSO mosasaurus is PVC and if they do it at the 1:35 scale, the sea creature is going to be huge. It will be curious to see this figure in promotional photos of the market knowing its huge dinosaurs and prehistoric vinyl animals.

ceratopsian

And here's today's poster on Facebook:

And the text:

"Dear PNSO's friends, welcome our 7th guest invited by ZHAO Chuang and YANG Yang from 66 million years ago - the #Tylosaurus."

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: