News:

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2024. Deadline for submissions is October 29th 2024. Contest details here.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

merging (or emerging)

Started by tyra-rex2, March 24, 2016, 07:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyra-rex2

Hi,
As is the case with many other new members, I have lurked in the shadows for a while now.  The variety of dinosaur (and other prehistoric material) available now is pretty overwhelming and if were to start collecting now, I doubt I would know where to begin.  I have particularly enjoyed the threads on the Kits section but when I realized there is a section on museums I decided it was time to join for real.  I have been interested in prehistoric life since childhood and that was a long time ago.  There was the usual hiatus for school, work and family raising but I have been fairly devoted to the subject for the past couple of decades.  International travel has occupied more of my time and interest over the past ten years but with all of the tumult going on these days, it may be better to get back to dinosaurs.  So, now I am extending an antenna (that is more of a trilobite thing to do).

I have a couple of websites about my prehistoric pastimes. 
http://tyra-rex.com/Dinosaur/DP.html
http://tyra-rex.com/trilobite/t.html

Some of my essays and links REALLY need updating but they still give a pretty good idea about where I am coming from.   By the way, my use of tyra-rex2 goes back to my first days on the Internet twenty years ago when my wife signed up with our first provider and said we could use tyra-rex@---- as our user name.  Later she wanted to have separate emails so she told me I could be tyra-rex2.  She later switched her name to something else entirely but I have stuck with tyra--rex2 ever since.

Frank

Patrx

DinoToyForum

Welcome! Glad you came out of hiding :D

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.