News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What are you currently reading.

Started by Takama, May 25, 2012, 05:45:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

OK this topic deals with books.

What book are you reading currently in your spare time?

Ive been reading this

Its about a Woman who lost her sister to an Internet Predator, and she plans on bringing him to justice with the website he used to find her sister.

ITewan

I have just finished The Hunger Games series, my new book is called the book thief. It is a book about a girl in 1939 in Germany, who steals many books, but when her family hides a jew in the basement, the story turns
im a lil tired and a lil hungry

Thagirion

I am currently reading William Bartram's Travels
Creation. Is an act of sheer WILL - John Hammond
*Thag's Journal * Thag's Flickr * Thag's Youtube *

mnemosaurus

Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell - I love it and I am already a bit sad that it won't take long before I finish it  :-\. I recently read another master piece by Mitchell: The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet, and after that one I decided that I have to read all his books  ^-^. BTW, it has really nothing to do with dinosaurs  ;).

Roselaar

Does it have to be books? I read mostly comics. And I'm not ashamed of it. :)

I do read books too of course, just not as often.

Gwangi

I'm currently reading "The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins, "Time Traveler: In Search of Dinosaurs and Other Fossils from Montana to Mongolia" by Michael Novacek and "The Storey's Guide to Raising Pigs" by Kelly Klober.

Takama

Quote from: Roselaar on May 25, 2012, 07:45:44 PM

Comics count too. In fact, i thought Comic books are still books.

Metallisuchus

I was reading constantly several months back, but lately my attention span hasn't been that great, so I've been picking here and there at various books, periodicals, etc.

The 2 books I frequent most are the Papo & Safari catalogs  :D

Roselaar

Quote from: Takama on May 25, 2012, 11:07:14 PM

Alrighty then. Now we're talking.  ;D

Currently reading The Darkness. Awesome stuff, despite its dark themes and excessive violence, often very well drawn. Too bad they couldn't be consistent with their artists, they changed like every three issues.

Takama

Quote from: Roselaar on May 26, 2012, 02:03:25 PM

Currently reading The Darkness. Awesome stuff, despite its dark themes and excessive violence, often very well drawn. Too bad they couldn't be consistent with their artists, they changed like every three issues.

I like the Darkness, even though I'm only familiar with it through the Video Game adaptations.

Himmapaan

Quote from: mnemosaurus on May 25, 2012, 06:34:44 PM
Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell - I love it and I am already a bit sad that it won't take long before I finish it  :-\. I recently read another master piece by Mitchell: The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet, and after that one I decided that I have to read all his books  ^-^. BTW, it has really nothing to do with dinosaurs  ;).
I'd heard some critical acclaim for Cloud Atlas; on radio, I think. :)

Good to see you back too, Lea.  ^-^

mnemosaurus

Quote from: Himmapaan on May 26, 2012, 07:02:19 PM
Good to see you back too, Lea.  ^-^

Thanks :) I had limited internet access for a while - but everything works fine again. However, limited internet means increased reading of books, which is a good thing for sure!  ^-^

Roselaar

Now I am reading a real book! Star Wars: 1,000 Collectibles, Memorabilia and Stories from a Galaxy Far Far Away. Very fun stuff, showcasing just how insanely much stuff of every conceivable kind carries the SW brand. And I don't own any of it.  ;D

tyrantqueen

This:

Roselaar

Love such mystery books! What's unsolved in Lady Di's case though? It seemed like a pretty obvious case.

Now reading another book: Special Effects: the History and Technique. Fascinating, though very technical and a decade outdated by now.

Metallisuchus

sepp

This book is really something else.

sepp

Quote from: Takama on May 26, 2012, 05:50:39 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on May 26, 2012, 02:03:25 PM

I like the Darkness, even though I'm only familiar with it through the Video Game adaptations.

I was lucky enough to meet Marc Silvestri (by complete surprise) at PAX last year! He was there promoting the Darkness II game that's being released, he signed one of my books and a mask haha. I've been reading his comics since I was a freshman in high school, I love his art style, that's really what got me reading his comics in the first place - turns out he's an impossibly nice, humble guy too :)

Pilkington

I just finished reading The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas again, the last time I read it I was still in high school.

Right now I'm reading Going Home by Jon Katz.
If you wanna be alone, come with me

Roselaar

Quote from: sepp on June 08, 2012, 11:57:51 PM

I was lucky enough to meet Marc Silvestri (by complete surprise) at PAX last year! He was there promoting the Darkness II game that's being released, he signed one of my books and a mask haha. I've been reading his comics since I was a freshman in high school, I love his art style, that's really what got me reading his comics in the first place - turns out he's an impossibly nice, humble guy too :)

Awesome! I never met a comic book artist for real. Don't mind if their writing/drawing is good though.

There are Darkness masks?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: