News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recur dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, April 09, 2016, 10:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpartanSquat

Quote from: Takama on April 11, 2016, 12:56:55 AM
Quote from: RolandEden on April 11, 2016, 12:24:38 AM
Wow this is very surprise, I dont know why, but the models have a nostalgia feeling...that Carcharodontosaurus looks like Gorosaurus.

A Carcharodontosaurus is exactly the kind of dinosaur i pictured (should Gorosaurus make a appearance in the legendary Godzilla films.)    I thought He was a Carcharodontosaurus before Carcharodontosaurus was ever fully described.

Im curious to know if there will be yearly releases from this company. I Really like the species selection, and i hope they can expand it more.
Gorosaurus could fit very well in Legendary Kaiju Universe, specially in Skull Island. But we dont know if they have the rights, probably in Skull Island made a giant theropod in homage to gorosaurus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Well I can certainly tell what inspired most of these.   The Triceratops were the mouth closed I might get..but alas.   The Mosa is the only one I really want .

sauroid

i might get the Stego and Triceratops, and the Mosa for sure.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Fluffysaurus

Quote from: PainterRex on April 10, 2016, 11:56:46 PM
Does recur have a logo?

Quote from: stoneage on April 11, 2016, 01:27:08 AM
:)  Do you have any idea what the prices will be?

I will ask for you, dont know that, yet :D. Yes they do have a logo. And also the prices are unknown for now. But they are ordered. So Lets hope it will be in store soon.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Roselaar

Guess I'll stick with the Mosasaurus, the others are too cartoonish for me. The Stegosaurus' paint job again hints at Bullyland being a heavy inspiration for this line.

What was up with the name Majungatholus again? Collecta also got it wrong when they were still Procon, right?

Libraraptor

Not my cup of tea. I resign buying either of these.

Takama

Well I asked Everything Dinosaur about these figures, and they said that they been around for a long time. and are very Chinese.

Heres a website with some more of there products

http://ankyl.en.alibaba.com/productgrouplist-803024828/Dinosaurs.html

stargatedalek

Most of the non-dinosaurs are fairly good, and those prices are very appealing.

sauroid

the Smilodon, Mammoth and "Deinosuchus" look interesting. i wonder how big they are.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Halichoeres

Interesting. Makes sense they've been around a while, given the variety there already is. It would be pretty a tall order to debut with over a dozen figures.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Takama

BTW some of the dinosaurs are named diffrently

For instance. This guy is listed as Saber Tooth Tiger. I dont know if the image is simply wrong or if they really are un educated on dinosaurs

http://ankyl.en.alibaba.com/product/60445383674-803024828/Superior_Educational_Toys_Soft_Plastic_Dinosaur_Toys_Animal_toys.html

Once again, i am very interested in these models. and i hope to find them on Amazon someday

Albertosaurus

I am having a hard time to undestand how the 'eck some of you are always criticising brands like Rebor,with things like "oh god,those feet are oversized!" or "it looks skin wrapped, i'll pass" and now you are super interested in these horrible looking toys.....sometimes I wonder if this is the right community if you are looking for quality dinosaur replicas and figures...

Halichoeres

Quote from: Albertosaurus on April 12, 2016, 02:16:47 PM
I am having a hard time to undestand how the 'eck some of you are always criticising brands like Rebor,with things like "oh god,those feet are oversized!" or "it looks skin wrapped, i'll pass" and now you are super interested in these horrible looking toys.....sometimes I wonder if this is the right community if you are looking for quality dinosaur replicas and figures...

Not much of a Rebor fan myself (nor of Recur), but I definitely take your point. I wonder if some of it is just the price point--with toys like these, you get what you pay for, whereas you expect a little more when you're paying $80 a pop. Anyway, not many places on the internet to go for consistently rational opinions.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Fluffysaurus

I cant judge for Every one,  what is horrible and what isnt. I just buy what i like. I understand your point. But for example i like the Recur Mosasaurus very much. Would i buy it? Yes! Would i buy a Rebor Mosasaurus after i bought recurs Yes! I love dinosaurs in many shapes and sizes :D. Hope we can stay away of fighting eachother.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Silvanusaurus

I am having a hard time to undestand how the hell some of you are always criticising brands like Rebor,with things like "oh god,those feet are oversized!" or "it looks skin wrapped, i'll pass" and now you are super interested in these horrible looking toys.....sometimes I wonder if this is the right community if you are looking for quality dinosaur replicas and figures...

I don't think there is any point of comparison between these figures and those by a company like Rebor. As far as I can tell, these 'Recur' figures are essentially glorified chinasaurs; cheap, tacky, gaudy, but to a certain audience they are fun and collectable, and evidently have produced a fairly interesting variety of species. They are very stylised and are apparently unashamed of that stylisation, with no pretense of being accurate or of 'high quality'. Most of them, to my eye, are indeed quite abhorent, but there are a couple that would make interesting additions to my collection, and assuming they are priced appropriately (cheap!) then I will buy them.
On the other hand, a lot of people have come to expect products of a very high quality from Rebor, and appropriately so given their publicity and the amount of work that clearly goes into their models, not to mention the high price of them, there is also a much greater emphasis on the potential for a high-end figure to be accurate and well researched. As such, when the potential isn't met people are disappointed and much more compelled to criticise it. It's the same reason why I can love watching a fun, old monster movie, that on a technical level may be terrible, then watch a modern, high-budget, super serious monster movie, which if judged to the same technical standards is far superior, and yet i can and do make endless criticisms of it. I think it's unreasonable to expect people to have a single static standard by which to judge everything, from a chinasaur, to a schleich, to a rebor and so on. There's nothing wrong with liking these for what they are, and not liking a more expensive product for what it isn't.

stargatedalek

I am having a hard time to undestand how the hell some of you are always criticising brands like Rebor,with things like "oh god,those feet are oversized!" or "it looks skin wrapped, i'll pass" and now you are super interested in these horrible looking toys.....sometimes I wonder if this is the right community if you are looking for quality dinosaur replicas and figures...
Simple, you need to take into account the companies themselves and not just their products, REBOR over-sells themselves. Now that may sound fine at first because what company doesn't want to sell themselves, but it leaves would be customers with an initial negativity about the companies methods. REBOR makes big claims about being "based on the latest research" or "best on the market" and such statements are often either highly opinionated or outright lies. Combine that with the companies aggressive employees who have gone so far as to curse at and insult potential customers and insult the skills of their rivals, and you have a company that, very immediately and very ostentatiously, comes across as vain and arrogant. A lot of people are turned away simply by the company and its methods regardless of what their wares may be.

And don't think for a minute this only applies to REBOR. Schleich is in a similar opinion around here due to their blatant false claims of providing teaching quality models and because of their aggressive (to say the least) marketing, especially regarding small retailers.

Recur however is a brand that (to my knowledge) all anyone here knows about is what they sell and that they sell at $3-$5USD a piece (on bulk pricing). No one has any reason to have anything against this company, their wares maybe, but no one knows enough about them to judge the company itself.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on April 12, 2016, 04:37:23 PM

I don't think there is any point of comparison between these figures and those by a company like Rebor. As far as I can tell, these 'Recur' figures are essentially glorified chinasaurs; cheap, tacky, gaudy, but to a certain audience they are fun and collectable, and evidently have produced a fairly interesting variety of species. They are very stylised and are apparently unashamed of that stylisation, with no pretense of being accurate or of 'high quality'. Most of them, to my eye, are indeed quite abhorent, but there are a couple that would make interesting additions to my collection, and assuming they are priced appropriately (cheap!) then I will buy them.
On the other hand, a lot of people have come to expect products of a very high quality from Rebor, and appropriately so given their publicity and the amount of work that clearly goes into their models, not to mention the high price of them, there is also a much greater emphasis on the potential for a high-end figure to be accurate and well researched. As such, when the potential isn't met people are disappointed and much more compelled to criticise it. It's the same reason why I can love watching a fun, old monster movie, that on a technical level may be terrible, then watch a modern, high-budget, super serious monster movie, which if judged to the same technical standards is far superior, and yet i can and do make endless criticisms of it. I think it's unreasonable to expect people to have a single static standard by which to judge everything, from a chinasaur, to a schleich, to a rebor and so on. There's nothing wrong with liking these for what they are, and not liking a more expensive product for what it isn't.

Well put.

Viking Spawn

These are not my cup of tea but I do find the Gorosaurus similarities humorous!   (One of my favorite Kaiju too!)  ;)

Roselaar

Seeing the rest of the line, I now recognize these for the glorified Chinasaurs they are. Some interesting species, but few worthwhile models IMO. I do like their Mosasaurus, but all the others are a pass for me, especially those with uninspired paint jobs.

Mr. Challenger

I really like the Iguanodon and the Deinosuchus! But I also have to admit that I like that thing that pretend to be the weird uncle of a Pachyrhinosaurus or something. It looks funny, he is so angry  :))

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: