News:

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2024. Deadline for submissions is October 29th 2024. Contest details here.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Greetings from NJ

Started by Diplotomodon, April 28, 2016, 01:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diplotomodon

Hi there everyone, I'm new to the forum. I must say that the registration process you folks use here is super awesome. (I'm rather pleased with myself that I had all the species names memorized haha.)

I've been interested in paleontology for pretty much all my life and will finally begin pursuing it professionally when I start my undergrad degree in a few months. At some point I also want to try creating paleoart again - I had a couple pieces published in Prehistoric Times Magazine a few years back, but looking at them now they don't quite hold up to my current standards. :P

Dioramas of all sorts hold a special place in my heart - I tried a few of those as well, many years ago, and they've long since fallen apart. I think a big inspiration was seeing the habitat dioramas in the American Museum of Natural History, which are immaculately crafted in every way. So I do want to get back into the habit, sooner rather than later.

I can't say that I'm an avid collector of dinosaur toys - the ones that I still have are fairly generic offerings, brands lost to the mists of time. Budget also plays a factor. Resin models always seemed cool to me, but once again, money kind of gets in the way there. But that may one day change!  As a matter of fact there are a few specific figures that I have my eye on right now.

As for the rest, I keep reptiles and amphibians as pets, have an avid interest in science fiction of all sorts, and am generally an outdoors-y kind of person. :P

My username is that of a now-antiquated genus of theropod, which I'll explain further in this shameless, self-plugging link to my blog: https://diplotomodon.wordpress.com/2016/03/01/just-what-is-diplotomodon-anyway/

I look forward to meeting you all and contributing!
You may also know me as: Crimsonraptor / Styracosaurus Rider / officially that guy

Flaffy

Welcome to the dino toy forum  ;) :) ^-^ :)) ;D :D ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ :) :) ;) :D ;D

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Jetoar

Welcome to DTF new paleoartist friend  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

DinoToyForum

Welcome! Glad you got some enjoyment out of the registration process! :))

DinoLord

Welcome to the forum! I'm also from New Jersey, though currently in Texas for college. Thanks for sharing your blog - I've added it to my paleontology blogroll.

PaleoMatt

Viking Spawn

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.