You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Greetings from Hungary/Ireland

Started by btb300, April 29, 2016, 07:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btb300

Hi Everyone!

I finally noticed that there is a place for introduction so here you go. I am András from Hungary, currently living in Ireland while doing a PhD, and enjoying the country's mischievous weather with my wife and daughter. While not an active figure collector at the moment I have a long-time interest in dinasurs and paleontology in general, so I am really happy to come across this community and look forward to engaging in conversations/discussions/maybe even debates with you  ;)

Regards
András
Inevitably, underlying instabilities begin to appear.

Arul

DinoToyForum

Welcome! Coincidence - I also moved to Ireland to do my PhD. I was at UCD, it would surely be too much of a coincidence if you're there too!? I also worked for a while at TCD and in the National Museum of Ireland (Natural History), have you visited? Now I am back in the UK.

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

btb300

Quote from: dinotoyforum on April 29, 2016, 04:50:53 PM
Welcome! Coincidence - I also moved to Ireland to do my PhD. I was at UCD, it would surely be too much of a coincidence if you're there too!? I also worked for a while at TCD and in the National Museum of Ireland (Natural History), have you visited? Now I am back in the UK.
Call it too much but I am also at UCD :D Although I don't reside in Dublin as I am taking part in a so-called employment based research programme and work at a company elsewhere. I haven't yet had the chance to visit the museum, would you recommend it? A few weeks ago we visited the zoo, that's where I saw some nice dinosaur toys (probably Papo, didn't check though) in the gift shop which made me start searching the web for info on them, and finally led me here :)
Thanks everyone for welcoming!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: btb300 on April 29, 2016, 09:45:02 PM
Call it too much but I am also at UCD :D Although I don't reside in Dublin as I am taking part in a so-called employment based research programme and work at a company elsewhere. I haven't yet had the chance to visit the museum, would you recommend it? A few weeks ago we visited the zoo, that's where I saw some nice dinosaur toys (probably Papo, didn't check though) in the gift shop which made me start searching the web for info on them, and finally led me here :)

Funny, it is a small world! This very forum was conceived in a lab in UCD all those years ago.

I strongly recommend the museum if you're into biology/anatomy/zoology. It is free, so there's no excuse to skip it ;)
The museum is nicknamed the 'Dead Zoo' so it might make a sombre contrast to your Dublin Zoo visit. There are some fossils on display, including giant Irish deer, but most of the fossil collection, including the Jurassic reptiles I studied for my PhD, are currently behind the scenes in storage. The museum shop sold only Schleich when I was last there about three years ago.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

btb300

Quote from: dinotoyforum on April 29, 2016, 10:51:55 PM
Quote from: btb300 on April 29, 2016, 09:45:02 PM

Funny, it is a small world! This very forum was conceived in a lab in UCD all those years ago.

I strongly recommend the museum if you're into biology/anatomy/zoology. It is free, so there's no excuse to skip it ;)
The museum is nicknamed the 'Dead Zoo' so it might make a sombre contrast to your Dublin Zoo visit. There are some fossils on display, including giant Irish deer, but most of the fossil collection, including the Jurassic reptiles I studied for my PhD, are currently behind the scenes in storage. The museum shop sold only Schleich when I was last there about three years ago.
I have checked the website with the 3D virtual visit option, I will definitely put it on my list for this year. Judging from what I saw there i have to agree with the nickname, the number of stuffed animals is amazing.

Everything_Dinosaur

Welcome to the dinosaur toy forum.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.