News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

General discussion - public

Started by DinoToyForum, March 13, 2012, 11:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 07, 2012, 08:21:25 PM
Everyone enjoys a little "Bayhem" now and then... smirk

I agree. I liked the Transformers Films

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 07, 2012, 05:37:14 PM
Quote from: EmperorDinobot on September 07, 2012, 12:08:15 PM
I like Michael Bay films though. I love the so called 'BAYSPLOSIONSSSS'.

Truth be told, there are very few movies I dislike. I like watching everything.
Do you know about Michael Bay's plans for the new TNMT? I heard he was changing it so that the turtles were aliens from space or something like that :/

I guess Michael Bay's films are pretty funny, considering how bad they are.

They aren't gonna do it due to increasingly negative fandom backlash.
But tbh, I wouldn't have cared. I don't care about those turtles. Most kid who were slightly older than me were either into TMNT, and maybe Transformers. I was into Batman, JP and PR.
However, I don't think that origins for well established characters should EVER be changed, unless they're making some elseworlds tale or something. This project, being a big budget film, shouldn't stray from the origins, as the fandom would be its biggest audience. Never piss off the fandom.

Gwangi

The only Michael Bay movies I can say I actually liked were "The Rock" and "The Island". Aside from those I can't say I particularly cared for the rest. I saw the first "Transformers" back when it came out in the theater and still consider it one of the worst movies I payed to see, I haven't watched the other two.

As far as I know a TMNT movie is still in the works but that script was dropped, thank the powers that be.

amargasaurus cazaui

I spoke once with the creators of the original turtles comic books and I have to say I doubt they would allow such a thing to be given life. Their original vision or idea for the storyline...was what would have happened if the barrel of chemicals that fell on Daredevil had rolled down a sewer opening into the sewage system into a rodent infested area. From there the rest is history....I cannot see them standing aside and letting the turtles suddenly become aliens.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

SBell

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 08, 2012, 03:57:50 AM
I spoke once with the creators of the original turtles comic books and I have to say I doubt they would allow such a thing to be given life. Their original vision or idea for the storyline...was what would have happened if the barrel of chemicals that fell on Daredevil had rolled down a sewer opening into the sewage system into a rodent infested area. From there the rest is history....I cannot see them standing aside and letting the turtles suddenly become aliens.

That came up at one point--they sold the rights, and lost the ability to have any control.

tyrantqueen

QuoteI spoke once with the creators of the original turtles comic books and I have to say I doubt they would allow such a thing to be given life. Their original vision or idea for the storyline...was what would have happened if the barrel of chemicals that fell on Daredevil had rolled down a sewer opening into the sewage system into a rodent infested area. From there the rest is history....I cannot see them standing aside and letting the turtles suddenly become aliens.
Forgive me for saying this...but I find that claim somewhat hard to believe...

Anyway, if you don't believe me, check this.

http://screenrant.com/michael-bay-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-reboot-title-sandy-161492/

There's been a huge fan backlash against this already.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 08, 2012, 06:26:22 AM
QuoteI spoke once with the creators of the original turtles comic books and I have to say I doubt they would allow such a thing to be given life. Their original vision or idea for the storyline...was what would have happened if the barrel of chemicals that fell on Daredevil had rolled down a sewer opening into the sewage system into a rodent infested area. From there the rest is history....I cannot see them standing aside and letting the turtles suddenly become aliens.
Forgive me for saying this...but I find that claim somewhat hard to believe...

Anyway, if you don't believe me, check this.

http://screenrant.com/michael-bay-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-reboot-title-sandy-161492/

There's been a huge fan backlash against this already.
What claim is it you are having problems with? I missed something I guess. If you are suggesting I had never spoken with them, how poorly considered. Eastman and Laird are fixtures in the United States at many comic book conventions and various fan events, as they are well known in the comic book fandom. These are not some form of unattainable gods or something for Petes sake. They come to many conventions, and industry events to autograph books, discuss comic books in general and speak about their own experiences. Really...what an odd thing to say .
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

tyrantqueen

The claim that is highlighted in bold. I struggle to believe that you spoke with the guys who created the TMNT comic book. This is the internet, where people can say anything :/

Why should I believe you?

I don't want to sound mean, but those are my honest feelings on the matter.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 08, 2012, 07:12:59 AM
The claim that is highlighted in bold. I struggle to believe that you spoke with the guys who created the TMNT comic book. This is the internet, where people can say anything :/

Why should I believe you?

I don't want to sound mean, but those are my honest feelings on the matter.
Err gee whiz, for starters, why would someone lie about such a simple mundane thing? To add to which they appear at shows quite often and have met literally THOUSANDS if not millions of fans, and spoken with many of them as they autographed comics, and discussed the Turtles.  It is not like I said Napoleon or the Beatles...sheesh. I have also met the man who created the character The Green lantern, Martin Nodell, from the golden age of comics, as well as Julius Schwartz, the man who recreated all of the original super heroes from the original golden age, into their silver age counterparts. I met Jack Kirby, who was responsible in many ways for most of the super heroes you see around you today, from The Hulk, to Iron Man, to the Avengers, and the X-men. They are all deceased now and are much more unique to suggest having met than Eastman and Laird.....I think in the collecting thread I showed a picture of my prize set of comics from marvel...Hulk 1, signed by said Jack Kirby now deceased, etc. Honestly, I am unsure how you think the comic industry operates....but yes these are people that make appearances often.

tyrantqueen

I apologise for not believing your statements earlier. It was late and I should have gone to bed. I am sorry for being so harsh.

I guess I just find it difficult to believe it when people say that they've met someone famous (or semi famous) :-[

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 08, 2012, 08:46:57 AM
I apologise for not believing your statements earlier. It was late and I should have gone to bed. I am sorry for being so harsh.

I guess I just find it difficult to believe it when people say that they've met someone famous (or semi famous) :-[
Hey I can accept that, we all get tired, grumpy and make mistakes. I do it often myself and wish I had considered perhaps a little better. Besides, you gave me some AWESOME Psittacosaurus pictures , and I never forget things like that...you are wonderful lady, and sorry if I offended you as well. Now, did I ever tell you about the time I met Roy Chapman Andrews?   runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

EmperorDinobot

I met Batman once. He beat me up.
I ought to sue him and the city.

tyrantqueen

Gragmasaurus

I'm the friend of a friend of a guy who knows Mel Gibson...
All of your dinos are belong to us.

CityRaptor

Does having several lectures by one of the guys who wrote "Biology auf the Sauropod Dinosaurs" count?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

amargasaurus cazaui

Now that does make me jealous, I love that book !! Which one?

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

EmperorDinobot

Good ol' Batsy. Anyone play DC Universe Online? Ever since it became free, it's become my beer-mate for the night.

Jetoar

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on September 12, 2012, 10:27:35 AM
Good ol' Batsy. Anyone play DC Universe Online? Ever since it became free, it's become my beer-mate for the night.

I play DC Universe Online in european server  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

EmperorDinobot

ah. I'm a villain in the non pvp, and idk what server I play in, truthfully. I was kind of intoxicated when I made my sexy villain.

But when I figure out how to play, and how to get things done, etc, I'mma create a mighty hero!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: