News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

General discussion - public

Started by DinoToyForum, March 13, 2012, 11:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FUTABA

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 05, 2013, 10:31:10 AM
Happy 5th of November to everyone in the UK :)

You too.  :) I would have celebrated by watching V for Vendetta, but I watched it already on Saturday. I ended up watching Howl's Moving Castle instead. It has fire in it so it fits. (Also it's funny how Christian Bale does the Batman voice as monster Howl).

Anyone else doing anything special tonight?
I really really like blue things.

Balaur

Quote from: FUTABA on November 05, 2013, 03:15:21 PM

You too.  :) I would have celebrated by watching V for Vendetta, but I watched it already on Saturday. I ended up watching Howl's Moving Castle instead. It has fire in it so it fits.

I am watching V for Vendetta with my brother and friends tonight. ;) in the US.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Balaur on November 05, 2013, 03:19:09 PM

You too.  :) I would have celebrated by watching V for Vendetta, but I watched it already on Saturday. I ended up watching Howl's Moving Castle instead. It has fire in it so it fits.

Didn't you mention that you're Polish? Are you English American too?

Balaur

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 05, 2013, 04:54:30 PM

I was born in the US and currently live here. My mother was born in Manchester, and her parents where born in Poland. So yes, I am a Polish-American. ;)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Balaur on November 05, 2013, 10:05:15 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 05, 2013, 04:54:30 PM

I was born in the US and currently live here. My mother was born in Manchester, and her parents where born in Poland. So yes, I am a Polish-American. ;)
Do you mean Manchester in the US, or the original Manchester in the UK? And sorry if I sound rude, but why (if you're not English American) are you celebrating November 5? :) Unless I'm misunderstanding you somehow.

Balaur

No its okay to ask that. Manchester UK. ;)

At school our physics teacher played it on the side of our science building, outside. I was invited to it, hence why I watched it despite being Polish-American.

On second thought I should have brought a blanket. ;)

FUTABA

I'm sure there's already a thread for this kind of thing but I can't find it, so I'll bung this here for your perusal.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mathieus/the-worst-dinosaurs-of-all-time-8q4

Takama

Im a sucker for any movie with Dinosaurs.

So I bought Theodore Rex On DVD as so as I had the opportunity.

To me, it isn't that bad, then again everyone's tastes is different.

Dinosaur City is one I have been searching for because I liked it as a Kid.  Just cant find it on DVD.

tyrantqueen

I was wondering...do you think Bullyland will release anything good next year? Given their recent track recent, prolly not :-\

FUTABA

I heard they're ceasing production on a lot of their figures. Apparently the Ichthyosaurus will be no more.

Takama

I just read on Facebook that a toy store said that Bullyland is discontinuing distribution in the USA.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Takama on November 13, 2013, 01:11:05 AM
I just read on Facebook that a toy store said that Bullyland is discontinuing distribution in the USA.
Huh..that's a shame, they made some great stuff when they teamed up with the Stuttgart museum :(

CityRaptor

True. Those were for the most part also miniatures of the models found in the museum.

Hmm,  logging into DeviantArt after a long time, I found this in my Inbox:
http://madefirestudios.deviantart.com/art/My-Little-Pony-Annual-2013-410247091
Seems like some sort of Promotional. Seriously, DA, if you want to promote an IDW Comic to me, pick atleast something like Godzilla or Dinosaurs Attack, not a comic about miniature horses...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

tyrantqueen

I was thinking back to the stuff I liked to watch as a kid and this question popped into my head. There's an alien from Star Trek TOS (imo still the best version of ST) from the episode "Corbomite Maneuver"*

It scared me as a kid so much that I always hid behind the sofa or shut my eyes when it appeared on the screen during the credits. So my question is this: what monsters were you scared of as a kid?

*I don't know if that is the actual name of the episode. I may have spelled the name incorrectly. But I am not going to Google the name and find out, because I know a horrible picture of this alien guy is going to pop up on Google images and I'll get scared.

If you post a picture of the alien in response to this question, I will hunt you down with a spork and stab you >:D

tyrantqueen

Just saw this Panorama doc a few days ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXWJ4GfQ22E

If you like to order stuff with Amazon, this will be worth a watch. It was very interesting to see. I guess convenience does come at a price :-\

amargasaurus cazaui

Happy Thanksgiving for those who celebrate it !!!! It is always nice to take a few minutes to just stop and think of all the wonderful things we have to give thanks for, and for being given so many wonderful dinosaurs to choose from !!!
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

tyrantqueen

December is coming to an end, so do any of you guys have any resolutions for the new year? Mine is going to be finally getting around to painting some of the Shapeways models I've amassed.

Takama

HMMMM........I have none that I can think of. :P

Blade-of-the-Moon

I never make any because I always end up breaking them.. lol

tyrantqueen

I think I have found the most hilariously bad illustration of a Triceratops, ever. Brace yourselves for the ugly...

It looks like a frog.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: