News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

General discussion - public

Started by DinoToyForum, March 13, 2012, 11:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loon

I thought TROS was ok. Still think Last Jedi is the most interesting one of the new trilogy, so I was sad that most of the stuff set up there was kinda washed away. I agree with many people that this series should have been 4 movies instead of 3.

On a related note, I'm finally getting to go to Galaxy's Edge in Disneyland. Despite having a pass I haven't been to Disney since before it opened and I want to go before Rise of the Resistance makes it impossible to do anything there.

Libraraptor

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 05, 2020, 06:11:47 PM
Quote from: Libraraptor on January 05, 2020, 12:21:57 PM
There are people seriously screaming traitor at each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5jAW37Pq1k

Seems accurate.
This pointe alone ^-^ excels the claim of the discussions I use to know from other homepages 100 percently.

Newt

If I may grumble for a moment: My adopted hometown of Nashville was walloped by tornadoes in the wee hours Tuesday morning. I had no serious damage at my place, but my power is still out. Cold showers stink. This comes just as I was getting over several weeks of simultaneous sciatica and some sort of interminable respiratory bug. Also, I just learned that two of my friends have cancer. And I'm pretty sure my last living grandparent is developing Alzheimer's. And my mom's cat died.

2020 is not shaping up to be a great year.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Newt on March 07, 2020, 05:02:23 AM
If I may grumble for a moment: My adopted hometown of Nashville was walloped by tornadoes in the wee hours Tuesday morning. I had no serious damage at my place, but my power is still out. Cold showers stink. This comes just as I was getting over several weeks of simultaneous sciatica and some sort of interminable respiratory bug. Also, I just learned that two of my friends have cancer. And I'm pretty sure my last living grandparent is developing Alzheimer's. And my mom's cat died.

avatar_Newt @Newt I'm sorry to hear that. And now a pandemic sweeping through doesn't make things any more fun.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

EmperorDinobot

I have a broken jaw. On February, they were fixing up a cavity I had on one of my lower molars, and while they were working on it, I heard something crack. I went back 2 weeks later, complained of pain, and they showed me a crack that wasn't there before. I was told to take ibuprofen. All further appointments were canceled due to Covid-19, and one month later, I am experiencing pain unlike anyother. I can't drink ibuprofen because French doctors say it makes Covid-19 worse, so I'm drinking again. The pain comes and goes, but as of this writing, I can't swallow water without feeling a 7/10 pain in my neck.

I've been drinking non-stop, it's the only thing that sort of dulls the pain away, but it's driving me crazy because 1. I'm running out 2. I can't tell anyone, so I do it in secret, and it's really stressful.

My family and I are in the danger zone. My sister is immunosupressed, I have one lung and a half, and my parents are over 60.

I've survived wayyy worse things, but this is a direct death threat if I ever saw one. I'm the king of social isolation either way. I have only gone out during the day three times this year, and I go to the store next door to buy beer. I stocked up for 15 days since the Governor declared a stay at home order except for essentials here in Oregon, and while we are being successful at flattening the curve, the truth is, it will peak late April/Early May. It won't be a high peak like in NY or LA, but I don't wanna end up in a hospital. If I do, that'll be the last of the formerly mighty Emperor Dinobot.

I have to call the Emergency Dental office later today, because I can't handle this pain. Something has to be done. I can't be stuck at home like this for another month+.

Things have changed. Forever. There's no going back. Our culture, what makes us human, has changed permanently.

And who the (BLEEP) FIRES THE DOCTORS AND SCIENTISTS FROM THE CDC AND OTHER INSTITUTIONS FOR THE SAKE OF "fiscal conservatism" WHICH IS CODE FOR CORPORATE BAILOUTS?!?!

I'mma go crack a cold (warm since I can't put them on the fridge or I'll be found out) with the boys (my dinosaurs). Maybe that will calm me down.

Sorry for the rant. This sucks. The body pileups suck. Everything is wrong. People can't even say good bye to their loved ones before they're reduced to ash. So this is a preemptive good bye, should anything happen to me. Which it won't, but if it does come for me, so be it. We are all ash anyways. No, you can't have my Battats. 

BlueKrono

I'm sorry you're going through that. While I'm not a major health risk, if I die I would be happy to see my collection disbursed to people who would really appreciate it. I've told my loved ones about the DTF just in case.  ;)
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

EmperorDinobot

It was kind of a joke lol, since Battas are, well, y'know.

If something happened to me I would have them sell everything and leave it all to my sister. But if I go, she goes, so there won't be anyone left. I don't wanna see my stuff get sold at an estate sale so the government and the banking clan can take the cash and give it to the military or to the corporations. Assuming that's how it works.

Newt

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 01, 2020, 04:41:53 PM
Quote from: Newt on March 07, 2020, 05:02:23 AM

avatar_Newt @Newt I'm sorry to hear that. And now a pandemic sweeping through doesn't make things any more fun.

Thanks, man. I know a lot of people have things a lot worse, but sometimes you just have to throw yourself a little pity party.

SidB

Nothing wrong with the occasional lament. Definitely part of being human. Little sense in trying to pretend that we're superhuman all the time.

EmperorDinobot

I just wanted to let you all know how much I appreciate this community. I know I don't spend a lot of time here, but I'm glad it exists for when I do need to come here.

triceratops83

I was just in the Rebor thread looking at their dissected Compsognathus, and I think it's a little depressing how many dead dinosaur figures we have now. Between Collecta and Rebor, there's a gory little niche which seems to have sprung up. And isn't there a line of zombie dinosaurs coming up soon?I'm hoping for a lighter theme to crop up amid Dino figures in the near future. Nesting maybe. Anything.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

ceratopsian

I am with you on this. And I have a great fondness for nesting scenes. At least the new Wild Past model of Protoceratops came with a nest of hatchlings!

Quote from: triceratops83 on May 05, 2020, 08:33:35 AM
I was just in the Rebor thread looking at their dissected Compsognathus, and I think it's a little depressing how many dead dinosaur figures we have now. Between Collecta and Rebor, there's a gory little niche which seems to have sprung up. And isn't there a line of zombie dinosaurs coming up soon?I'm hoping for a lighter theme to crop up amid Dino figures in the near future. Nesting maybe. Anything.

Libraraptor

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on April 12, 2020, 05:04:56 AM
I just wanted to let you all know how much I appreciate this community. I know I don't spend a lot of time here, but I'm glad it exists for when I do need to come here.

I can confirm this. There is no other place on the Internet for me which keeps me returning because under the common denominator of the interest in  prehistory I find support, partners and good conversations. Ten years and still posting!

Halichoeres

Quote from: Libraraptor on May 05, 2020, 10:06:54 AM
Quote from: EmperorDinobot on April 12, 2020, 05:04:56 AM

I can confirm this. There is no other place on the Internet for me which keeps me returning because under the common denominator of the interest in  prehistory I find support, partners and good conversations. Ten years and still posting!

Yeah, I think this is one of my favorite places on the Internet. Twitter is stressful and Facebook is a garbage fire. Other dinosaur toy communities are all JP/Papo/Rebor all the time. Here it feels a little more balanced.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

triceratops83

I didn't want to start a whole new thread in case this has been discussed before, (I did a brief scan), but what the hell happened to Sideshow Dinosauria? All the Sideshow site has now is various JP merch and most of that is Chronicle collectables. I thought SS Dinosauria was popular - they always seemed to sell out rather quickly.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Halichoeres

Yeah, I'm not sure what became of the Dinosauria line. I guess Sideshow is carrying the Damtoys stuff, but that's much, much worse.

triceratops83

It's a pity. I could really go for a Sideshow Edmontosaurus. That's not too much of a stretch, either. They did a partially eaten one that went with their Tyrannosaurus.

EmperorDinobot

Well, where do I begin.
So I lost feeling on my lower lip, on the rightish side. An unfortunate side effect from not being able to go into the operating room when they wired my jaws up. They put so many anesthesia shots in that some nerves might have been damaged. In other words, I can't kiss.

Speaking of kissing, so I met this guy online in late July and we got really tight, but late October he decided he didn't have a crush on me anymore and just wanted to remain friends since he lives in Scotland and I live here in Oregon, and I've been really depressed since. I never get to experience this kind of thing. It's really rare. We made plans to hang out someday, and I envisioned a whole different world once I was able to ask him out, but nope. Not anymore. It's like two months of my life just vanished in front of me. I've been drinking in order to forget about my lower lip and the whole situation, and the other day I fell hard on my back and hit my head. I'm no longer able to take care of myself. I've sort of given up.
I can't even look at my own toys anymore. I've begun to resent them. I also resent the idiots who mishandled the pandemic. I could have just...flown over there if we had this thing under control.

This year can go straight to hell.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 13, 2020, 05:47:47 AM
First time posting in this thread but I think I might leave the forum.
It's better than getting banned.
I am also considering to have all my posts deleted if possible.
I will still turn the reviews in that I am supposed to write.

Why would you get banned? Do you think any of the forum rules are unreasonable or impossible for you to abide by? If not, there's no problem, and we can continue talking about dinosaur toys together. :)

Reuben03

Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 13, 2020, 05:47:47 AM
First time posting in this thread but I think I might leave the forum.
It's better than getting banned.
I am also considering to have all my posts deleted if possible.
I will still turn the reviews in that I am supposed to write.
please don't go :(

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: