You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Who was more popular in the 20th Century? Euoplocephalus or Scolosaurus?

Started by Takama, June 15, 2016, 01:33:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Ok So i was wondering which of these two Ankylosaurs were more popular before they were both synomonized for a few decades before being splitted up again.

I ask this because i remember seeing Scolosaurus being reconstructed more in Retro paleoart, and Euoplocephalus did not get much attention until it was synomonized with Scolosaurus.   But am i right in saying that Scolosaurus was more commonly depicted then Euoplocephalus before the two were lumped together?

John

I would say Euoplocephalus was the much more popular of the two after they had been synonomized.In older art Ankylosaurus was the most popular and most often seen member of the family, with Scolosaurus showing less often,about like Polacanthus and Paleoscincus.
After Scolosaurus had been synonomized with Euoplocephalus,it started showing up so often in art that it took the place of Ankylosaurus as the quintessential ankylosaurid. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.