News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kong ; Skull Island

Started by Derek.McManus, July 06, 2016, 01:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Derek.McManus

Quote from: suspsy on January 18, 2017, 05:31:18 PM
Too bad they didn't make Kong a female and have her fall in love with Tom Hiddleston's character.

Or John Goodman's.

That would really have been character development!

dragon53

New tv trailers released.

Trailer link #1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74PG3DgS2R4

Trailer link #2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQzxuOuBFE4

CityRaptor

The second trailer you postes ( #3 ) has a reference to Godzilla.

Also two more trailers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Iqp9fJqUPA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VswwA-lXpIs
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

What's the reference? Kong hates fire?

CityRaptor

No, the part about the 1954 nuclear test not being a test but an attempt to kill something.
Oh no

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 20, 2017, 06:01:03 PM
What's the reference? Kong hates fire?

The 1954 nuclear tests that John Goodman mentions.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Ah I was looking the last trailer posted  not the post above it.   i might go see it just in hopes of some larger Godzilla teaser at the end.

suspsy

I'm rather looking forward to this film. I like that they replaced the dinosaurs with monsters; it'll be less sad to see Kong dispatch them. And who wouldn't enjoy a showdown between the big guy and Samuel L. Jackson?

That said, what is a king compared to a god?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

CityRaptor

Okay, this for sure makes it easier to route for Kong. I mean, come on, with Godzilla, the Tyrannosaurus, V.rex or Gorosaurus, you route for the Dinosaur, don't you? Also Gaw if you know who that is. Or in case of the flyers Kong fought. Poor Pteranodon, but those Teropusmordax? Those are literally flying rats, so Kong can kill them and nobody cares.
I'm however not sure about the Skullcrawlers. Could these be some kind of Saurian? They for sure look like it.
Oh no

Appalachiosaurus

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 20, 2017, 07:45:26 PM
Okay, this for sure makes it easier to route for Kong. I mean, come on, with Godzilla, the Tyrannosaurus, V.rex or Gorosaurus, you route for the Dinosaur, don't you? Also Gaw if you know who that is. Or in case of the flyers Kong fought. Poor Pteranodon, but those Teropusmordax? Those are literally flying rats, so Kong can kill them and nobody cares.
I'm however not sure about the Skullcrawlers. Could these be some kind of Saurian? They for sure look like it.

Maybe they are stem-snakes that only lost their front legs?

Soopairik

Heh, this looks like a good movie. But then, I'm the type of guy who can enjoy any movie.

Derek.McManus

I agree with the Kong versus assorted monsters makes it easier to be on his side. On the other hand it's hard to imagine a dinosaur large enough to compete with this version of Kong!

CityRaptor

Toho Kong was bigger when he fought Godzilla. They could also always just make up a giant Dinosaur, if they wanted.

As for the Skullcrawlers, it actually looks like those are their front legs they are walking on.
Oh no

HD-man

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 21, 2017, 12:26:04 PMAs for the Skullcrawlers, it actually looks like those are their front legs they are walking on.

Maybe they're mosasaurs that re-evolved terrestriality?
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

CityRaptor

Or some sideline of them that never became aquatic.
Oh no

SpartanSquat

@CityRaptor @HD-man: I was thinking the same the other day. Probably Skull Crawlers evolved from the ancestral specie of mosasaurs, only these are terrestrial and underground habits. From what I read, Skull Crawlers live underground, probably they survived and avoided extinction events like Godzilla. Also the gliding creatures looks like Chamaleons.
One thing I forgot to said this Godzilla-Kong universe now have a name: Monsterverse.
It was revealed in the back of the package of the figurs like the Funko Pop and Action figures.

CityRaptor

Well, it sounds catchier than Godzilla-King Kong-Cinamtic Universe. Maybe they could add some more Monsters to it.

As for the Skullcrawlers, I might add one to the Movie Monster shelf if they are indeed some sort of Saurian.
Oh no

SpartanSquat

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 22, 2017, 06:05:54 PM
Well, it sounds catchier than Godzilla-King Kong-Cinamtic Universe. Maybe they could add some more Monsters to it.

Well Steven deKnight (Pacific Rim Uprising director) said he wanted to make a King Ghidorah solo movie.

CityRaptor

Apparently that was only a question which monster deserved a solo movie. No concrete plans.
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: