News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kong ; Skull Island

Started by Derek.McManus, July 06, 2016, 01:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

Quote from: CarnegieCollector on November 12, 2016, 09:51:19 AM
No dinosaurs?! But the dinosaurs are a staple of the King Kong franchise! Oh well, King Kong will eventually fight Godzilla...and he is a dinosaur.
Actually Godzilla is a "Permian Sauropsida sp".

Takama

Godzilla is whatever the universe he stars in wants him to be.

I can clearly say for a fact that his 2016 incarnation is NOTHING natural

Gwangi

Quote from: Takama on November 12, 2016, 08:06:18 PM
Godzilla is whatever the universe he stars in wants him to be.

Yup, pretty much. And regardless of how he's classified in universe his original design was inspired by dinosaur depictions of the time.

gfxtwin

Disappointed if there aren't any dinosaurs, but it kinda makes sense.  Kong is like 100 feet tall in this movie, he could've eaten the entire population of remaining dinos on Skull Island.

SpartanSquat

Quote from: gfxtwin on November 12, 2016, 10:56:14 PM
Disappointed if there aren't any dinosaurs, but it kinda makes sense.  Kong is like 100 feet tall in this movie, he probably ate the entire population of remaining dinos on Skull Island.
I think he wasnt, maybe another creature more ancient than Kong. And probably the reason why Kong is the last.
@Takama: Depending which version: The original is a amphibian creature. Heisei: A mutant dinosaur. Legendary: A permian amphibious reptile. Shin Gojira: A mutated anomaly of animals.

dragon53

New teaser trailer shows King Kong for first time.
Also, other trailers show soldiers blasting a Triceratops skull with a 50 cal. machine gun.

Teaser trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqpPHO4OM70

Trailer #2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCbiynuMuOI

stargatedalek

Where in the trailer does it show a Triceratops being shot? I only see the same clip with a skull.

dragon53

STRGATEDALEK:

I should've said "skull".

SpartanSquat

The river monster and probably the skull from the creature shown in the black light map.

CarnegieCollector

Quote from: RolandEden on November 16, 2016, 12:18:32 AM
The river monster and probably the skull from the creature shown in the black light map.

Oohhh! From what i can see, it looks pretty darn cool!
Is there an alternate universe in which dinosaurs collect figures of people?

dragon53

Two new posters released.

CarnegieCollector

Quote from: dragon53 on November 16, 2016, 06:44:04 PM
Two new posters released.

Wow! Those looks cool!

But why does King Kong look so grumpy? Lighten up dude...its just a movie.
Is there an alternate universe in which dinosaurs collect figures of people?

SpartanSquat

I prefferd the second poster. Look very Vietnam movie like Apocalypse Now.

CityRaptor

First one reminds me of the Peter Jackson version, who has a similar grumpy face:

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

dragon53

Blade-of-the-Moon

looks like some random giant monsters..lizard, spider..water buffalo?

Flaffy

Giant Tree Spiders
Giant Water Buffalo
Giant Lizard monsters
Giant Log creatures
Giant skeletons
Giant Pew Pew guns
Giant CG budget
Giant King Kong...
Anymore?

Derek.McManus

:) The posters look very nice and the trailer is interesting too I'm really enjoying the 70's / Vietnam war vibe. I also like the interpretation of Kong as a bit less silverback gorilla and little hints of a sasquatch type monster and at least Skull Island has resident monsters even if dinosaurs are thin on the ground so far! Still looking forward to this movie!

Brontozaurus

Quote from: RolandEden on November 16, 2016, 09:56:38 PM
I prefferd the second poster. Look very Vietnam movie like Apocalypse Now.

Apeocalypse Now.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

triceratops83

I wonder, when the eventual Kong vs Godzilla movie rolls around, who we are supposed to be rooting for. They've already established Godzilla as a kind of savior, and they're not gonna make Kong a villain. I wonder what reason they'll be given to fight?
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: