News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Scale Carnotaurus sastrei "Crimson King"

Started by joossa, July 17, 2016, 11:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reptilia

What are you talking about when you say that "they also did not tell us the truth about the Dunkleosteus"? And why they would simulate a damaged prototype? What would be their purpose? Rebor is a company which sells a product, they are not internet trolls or simply bloody awful people like sometimes are depicted on this forum. I don't want to offend anyone, and certainly not you Shonisaurus, but this sounds a bit like a silly and pointless speculation. Is it possible that everything about this company gets always interpreted with so much suspicion? I'm not Rebor's advocate, but come on, what's the point?

Takama

Rebor has done some silly things in the past.  So much so that the got banned on hear.

Reptilia

Ok, old news. Now what would be the point in simulating a damaged prototype on Facebook?

stargatedalek

Quote from: Reptilia on February 09, 2017, 12:19:19 AMWhat are you talking about when you say that "they also did not tell us the truth about the Dunkleosteus"? And why they would simulate a damaged prototype? What would be their purpose? Rebor is a company which sells a product, they are not internet trolls or simply bloody awful people like sometimes are depicted on this forum. I don't want to offend anyone, and certainly not you Shonisaurus, but this sounds a bit like a silly and pointless speculation. Is it possible that everything about this company gets always interpreted with so much suspicion? I'm not Rebor's advocate, but come on, what's the point?
That's just the problem, they are internet trolls. Have you seen how they respond to criticism on Facebook? They curse and swear and post insulting memes. Nothing they say can be taken as the full truth.

Additionally, while they should have nothing to gain by destroying their own prototype, one must admit it's quite convenient how with them being what 3-4 releases backed up a product happens to be damaged in shipping forcing them to postpone it.

tanystropheus

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 09, 2017, 02:04:20 AM
Quote from: Reptilia on February 09, 2017, 12:19:19 AMWhat are you talking about when you say that "they also did not tell us the truth about the Dunkleosteus"? And why they would simulate a damaged prototype? What would be their purpose? Rebor is a company which sells a product, they are not internet trolls or simply bloody awful people like sometimes are depicted on this forum. I don't want to offend anyone, and certainly not you Shonisaurus, but this sounds a bit like a silly and pointless speculation. Is it possible that everything about this company gets always interpreted with so much suspicion? I'm not Rebor's advocate, but come on, what's the point?

Additionally, while they should have nothing to gain by destroying their own prototype, one must admit it's quite convenient how with them being what 3-4 releases backed up a product happens to be damaged in shipping forcing them to postpone it.

It's also a great opportunity for REBOR to reboot their product, especially since the Carno generated a decent amount of criticism fairly early in the design process.

Reptilia

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 09, 2017, 02:04:20 AM
That's just the problem, they are internet trolls. Have you seen how they respond to criticism on Facebook? They curse and swear and post insulting memes. Nothing they say can be taken as the full truth.

People's relationship with Rebor is odd at best. I think it would require me quite an emotional involvement to be always that edgy and suspicious on my opinions about something. And it's a toy company we're talking about, so go figure yourself.

As I said I don't gain anything in defending Rebor, and I'm not doing so, actually, I just thought the idea of them damaging one of their prototypes to make a joke (or to find an excuse for the delay in release, as you suggest) to be plain silly. They'd must be total idiots to do something like that.

Plus I don't see where they would have lied about the Dunkleosteus, given they didn't even announced it but simply showed a picture of a work in progress sculpture. But since I don't keep track of every post and message they drop on their Facebook page I must have probably missed something.

Quote from: tanystropheus on February 09, 2017, 02:27:35 AM
It's also a great opportunity for REBOR to reboot their product, especially since the Carno generated a decent amount of criticism fairly early in the design process.

To be honest the criticism came from the very same side that had to complain about basically all of their past models. I don't see them need to put on such a pantomime just to retool the Carnotaurus and try to please their haters, they should be fairly confident that it'll sell as much as all other previous "awesomebro" theropods in the line.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Reptilia on February 09, 2017, 12:19:19 AM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 08, 2017, 06:18:27 PM
Is not that a Rebor joke?

Remember that they also did not tell us the truth as to the dunkleosteus. It can be a simple joke or mockery of Rebor. That company is somewhat peculiar in its way of behaving, so I do not discard anything. I can not believe that such a fudge has been committed with the prototype.

What are you talking about when you say that "they also did not tell us the truth about the Dunkleosteus"? And why they would simulate a damaged prototype? What would be their purpose? Rebor is a company which sells a product, they are not internet trolls or simply bloody awful people like sometimes are depicted on this forum. I don't want to offend anyone, and certainly not you Shonisaurus, but this sounds a bit like a silly and pointless speculation. Is it possible that everything about this company gets always interpreted with so much suspicion? I'm not Rebor's advocate, but come on, what's the point?

It is simply speculation. In the past Rebor has said and commented things that were not serious, for example when they were criticized their figures in his day and were angry representatives with the forum said they would make a triceratops with plaques like stegosaurus, Chimera and put it as if they were going to do it with box and everything. I do not have the link but that's true. So I would not miss anything about Rebor.

MLMjp

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 09, 2017, 05:23:44 AM
Quote from: Reptilia on February 09, 2017, 12:19:19 AM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 08, 2017, 06:18:27 PM
Is not that a Rebor joke?

Remember that they also did not tell us the truth as to the dunkleosteus. It can be a simple joke or mockery of Rebor. That company is somewhat peculiar in its way of behaving, so I do not discard anything. I can not believe that such a fudge has been committed with the prototype.

It is simply speculation. In the past Rebor has said and commented things that were not serious, for example when they were criticized their figures in his day and were angry representatives with the forum said they would make a triceratops with plaques like stegosaurus, Chimera and put it as if they were going to do it with box and everything. I do not have the link but that's true. So I would not miss anything about Rebor.

That was the Terribliisaurus germanicus and it was an AprilĀ“s fools joke Shonisaurus.

AcroSauroTaurus

Dorsal view of the Carno revealed on FB.
I am the Dinosaur King!

CityRaptor

Well, that is not a Disney Carnotaurus.  The base it is standing on also looks like it could be rather hot.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Shonisaurus

Well at first sight the carnotaurus looks good. But as always Rebor with his secrets always tries to reveal all the details of the figure at the last minute. What would be appreciated if his figures were cheaper, how interesting that the figure did not carry that wrapping (which is the box) that makes the figure more expensive.

On the other hand in April they said that the figure would be revealed. But I'm really sick of so many theropods. I hope they soon make the dinosaur herbivores they have promised

Halichoeres

I like the color scheme. Shame about the sinuous tail. This will be easy to pass up despite the attractive paint job.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Derek.McManus

So the rumours of Rebor's demise have been slightly exaggerated! >:D

Acro's comics

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on March 09, 2017, 01:27:42 PM
Dorsal view of the Carno revealed on FB.

I think that looks very cool. I am looking forward to seeing more pictures.

Silvanusaurus

Is it supposed to be standing on Lava? Admittedly the colour scheme of the figure itself looks very nice.

Dilopho

I have no intentions of buying this but it's only due to money issues.
This looks...great! Sleek pose characteristic of a fast predator, lovely lava base (! lava is so cool !) and a great colour scheme, kind of like in JP.
On image alone I'd give, like, 4 point something out of 5 on design!

Derek.McManus

It's certainly a very striking and dynamic model!

stargatedalek

I think it's based on the JPS2 Carnotaurus, nice colourscheme but I won't be getting it. The neck and tail are just so crooked.

Dobber

Ok I have to say I'm a bit confused by what people are having a problem with regarding the tail. Back in 2015 I asked about the CollectA feathered T-Rex's tail, which has a much more pronounced "Zig-Zag" to it than this or another release that has recently been shown (can't remember which company) that people are critiquing...but when I asked about the CollectA's Rex everyone said there was nothing wrong with it. Am I missing something?

Here is the thread, about half way down is when I ask about it.
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2718.msg109084#msg109084

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Patrx

Carnotaurus' tail was rather less flexible than Tyrannosaurus'.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: