News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Scale Carnotaurus sastrei "Crimson King"

Started by joossa, July 17, 2016, 11:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derek.McManus

I'm looking forward to learning more about Rebors take on this animal!

Flaffy

My predictions for the Rebor carnotaurus.
-"Inspired" by Disney's Dinosaurs red devil carnotaurus
-Oversized head
-Oversized arms/hands
-Legs that are too short
-Head too wide
-Inaccurate as always

Derek.McManus

Those are sensible predictions! As I said interesting to find out more!

pylraster

Am I seeing "fossilized" horns on that teaser pic?

Based on the silhouette...it looks too stocky. Just like the one in the Disney movie.

tanystropheus

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on September 19, 2016, 01:31:45 PM
-Oversized head
-Oversized arms/hands
-Legs that are too short
-Head too wide
-Inaccurate as always

I'm actually predicting quite the opposite. If it has a narrow head, it may easily dethrone the other Carnotaurus. The Papo and Carnegie version are almost on par with one another.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on September 19, 2016, 01:31:45 PM
-Oversized head
-Oversized arms/hands
-Legs that are too short
-Head too wide
-Inaccurate as always
We can see the arm and hand in the first teaser image and they APPEAR to be correct.  I say appear because I'm not a Carnotaurus expert.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

utd7

Let's wait for the full reveal and judge it properly then. I have a good feeling though, Carnotaurus is a sort of REBOR style dinosaur and is one of the iconic dinosaurs it seems so will be a popular release for sure.
We live in a Jurassic World

Flaffy

Rain

Judging from skeletals, the legs look okay.  Does the body seem a bit too short though? As if it's been scrunched together a bit?

tanystropheus

Quote from: Rain on September 21, 2016, 02:34:05 PM

Judging from skeletals, the legs look okay.  Does the body seem a bit too short though? As if it's been scrunched together a bit?

It actually seems a bit lean. I think it is because the legs are straightened (similar to Carnegie) while the Papo version has the animal in a lunge position. It is bending over more than the Carngie version and less than the Papo version. In a sense, the pose is at the midpoint between the aforementioned models. Also, it is less stocky than the Disney and Schleich versions, based on the pictures. I expect the model to have a very unusual color palette.

pylraster

Looks like I was wrong. The legs are leaner than I thought they'd be. Here's to hoping the skull is as narrow as the actual animal's.

Halichoeres

Does anyone believe this will be in 1:35? Have they ever made anything in 1:35?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

utd7

QuoteDoes anyone believe this will be in 1:35? Have they ever made anything in 1:35?

Well their main line is 1/35 scale dinosaurs such as the Yutyrannus, Utahraptor and Ceratosaurus, now if they are accurately to scale is another matter but from my point of view they are in relation to eachother.

Silvanusaurus

The is the first Rebor piece since the Acro that I've been genuinely interested in getting, assuming they haven't screwed up the head. Even if it's just a Disney Carnotaurus I'm down with that. Scaly, spikey dinosaurs are what Rebor's good at.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on September 22, 2016, 11:10:15 PM
The is the first Rebor piece since the Acro that I've been genuinely interested in getting, assuming they haven't screwed up the head. Even if it's just a Disney Carnotaurus I'm down with that. Scaly, spikey dinosaurs are what Rebor's good at.
I've said that since they first announced the Acro lol.  That's my favorite REBOR figure thus far and among my favorite dinosaur figures period.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Rain

Looks like it's going to be a Disney styled Carnotaurus ,  :-\

QuoteREBOR: Carnotaurus in Disney's Dinosaur were awesome and we always wanted to pay a little homage to that certain design, just trying to cross it off our bucket list mate :)

Silvanusaurus

Oh well, it is what it is. I suppose it's still possible that they narrowed the head a bit.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Rain on September 23, 2016, 01:19:55 AM
Looks like it's going to be a Disney styled Carnotaurus ,  :-\

QuoteREBOR: Carnotaurus in Disney's Dinosaur were awesome and we always wanted to pay a little homage to that certain design, just trying to cross it off our bucket list mate :)

I think their non movie dinosaurs don't make as much money for them, which is why they are moving away from original designs.

utd7

The legs look quite lean but the tail does look bulky, maybe it's the angle of the photo tough.

DinoLord

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 23, 2016, 09:14:05 AMI think their non movie dinosaurs don't make as much money for them, which is why they are moving away from original designs.

I can believe this. Their non-movie dinosaurs are in that gray zone where they're not 'awesomebro' enough to attract that demographic, yet not accurate enough to entice the dinosaur nerds (of which I count myself as one).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: