News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Glad To Be Here

Started by Uncle Rex, July 28, 2016, 09:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Rex

Hello all. I found this site about a month ago and decided I'd better sign up. Skill testing questions were interesting. I've loved dinosaurs since I was a kid (and that wasn't yesterday). My older sister got me interested and I got a Marx Dino play set for Christmas when I was six or seven years old - loved it. Read everything I could about dinos and got books about them for Xmas and birthdays. Read the "Turok" comics - the older members will remember them. Bought toy dinos for my kids and now I'm buying them for my grandchild. While searching for sources of toy dinos, I stumbled across this site. It's terrific.
I have a few Schleich dinos and after reading about Papo dinos here, I've purchased a few of them. In my area of Canada, the only models sold in stores are Schleich. I would be interested in hearing from other Canadians about stores that carry other makes.
I'm looking forward to many enjoyable hours on this site.

Lanthanotus

Welcome to the forum, Uncel Rex.

User SBell has a shop with non-Schleich dinos and I'm pretty sure he's Canadian. Being a German I feel somewhat obliged that those Schleich dinos spread around the globe like the pox - if only Safari, CollectA, Papo and Kaiyodo would as readily available :D

Libraraptor

Welcome Uncle Rex, reading your "dinophile biography", I am sure: this is the right place for you!

Halichoeres

Welcome! I'm not Canadian, but I know from members who are that Mastermind Toys and Michael's carry some non-Schleich options. Happy hunting!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Postosuchus84

Welcome to the forum! Isn't CollectA more widely available outside of the US? Does anyone know what their availability is in Canada? I was under that impression at least that it was more widespread distribution wise outside of the United States. They've got some nice models though, it's why I brought that up.

Jose S.M.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Jetoar

welcome to DTF new friend  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Uncle Rex

Thank you all for your greetings.  And Halichoeres, thanks for the tips , which I will check out.

DinoToyForum

I'm late, but welcome to the forum!

The Atroxious

It's great to see a long time dinosaur enthusiast. It seems like once you get bitten by the dino bug, you've got it for life.

Funny you mention about the only toys sold in stores being Schleich. Where I live, it's all Safari, all the time. Sometimes stores here will carry multiple brands, with both Schleich and Safari, but usually Safari gets the preference. I've only ever been to one store that sold only Schleich, and that was a mom-and-pop type location. Things like this make me want to do a grand dino toy road trip, going from Safari country to Schleich country to CollectA country and so on.

Uncle Rex

Yes, it's a life long interest which I'm happy to indulge. So much stuff on the Internet now, much of it factual. Your grand Dino road trip sounds like a great idea!

Derek.McManus

Welcome to the forum Uncle Rex!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.