News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM

Started by dragon53, August 10, 2016, 06:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueKrono

They've decided to take a page out of Godzilla's book.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

btb300

I think it would be nice to see a film in a bit different environment, not the usual tropical island. Something like South American prairies, or a desert, etc. Feathered, nocturnal velociraptors roaming the plains, animals and people disappearing mysteriously, etc. Ranchers of course want a solution, and some researchers are sent to investigate. It turns out, it's raptors, then they want to exterminate them, others want to save them, etc. It could be worked into a story like The Loop by Nicholas Evans, just with raptors instead of wolves. It wouldn't have to be a monster movie, more of a dino drama instead :)
Inevitably, underlying instabilities begin to appear.

CityRaptor

I think one of the IDW comics had a desert setting. Unfiortunately it was also pretty badly drawn so all the Theropods ended up looking exactly the same.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

BlueKrono

Quote from: btb300 on February 22, 2017, 12:38:33 PM
I think it would be nice to see a film in a bit different environment, not the usual tropical island. Something like South American prairies, or a desert, etc. Feathered, nocturnal velociraptors roaming the plains, animals and people disappearing mysteriously, etc. Ranchers of course want a solution, and some researchers are sent to investigate. It turns out, it's raptors, then they want to exterminate them, others want to save them, etc. It could be worked into a story like The Loop by Nicholas Evans, just with raptors instead of wolves. It wouldn't have to be a monster movie, more of a dino drama instead :)

They already did that movie. It's called Tremors 3.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Silvanusaurus

I think they should run further with the idea of creating un-natural dinosaurs simply for entertainment and mass appeal - but the park's directors go much further than the Indominus rex, to the point where they are actually engineering living, breathing 'dinosaurs' resembling the classic tripod monsters of old paleo-art, cashing in on the popularity of revived 'retro' aesthetics. The twist is that in forcing real dinosaur anatomy into those un-natural poses and stylised forms, the resulting abominations can do little more than writhe around in unbearable pain, struggle to draw breath and ultimately they all either die or live out short lives under the weight of immense physical suffering and sickness, while the park's visitors look on with vacant expressions of bored dissapointment. The Chris Pratt character is so dissatisfied that there are no action scenes to be had amidst this grim and macabre farce, that he turns to alcohol for solace. At the end, in a drunken stupor he says of the dying retro-saurs; "these must be the most pathetic creatures that have ever walked the earth", but Wu places a hand gently upon his shoulder, as he responds "not quite, Chris, not quite..." and gestures towards a nearby mirror.

Daspletotyrannus

Oh that deep. Lol It would most likely make people mad and most likely go over a lot of people heads too. But I like it.    ;)

Derek.McManus

I always thought there was potential in the end of the first novel when it is strongly implied that some dinosaurs escaped and where living on the mainland, probably a bit late for that now! 😀

Neosodon

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on February 22, 2017, 07:40:54 PM
I think they should run further with the idea of creating un-natural dinosaurs simply for entertainment and mass appeal - but the park's directors go much further than the Indominus rex, to the point where they are actually engineering living, breathing 'dinosaurs' resembling the classic tripod monsters of old paleo-art, cashing in on the popularity of revived 'retro' aesthetics. The twist is that in forcing real dinosaur anatomy into those un-natural poses and stylised forms, the resulting abominations can do little more than writhe around in unbearable pain, struggle to draw breath and ultimately they all either die or live out short lives under the weight of immense physical suffering and sickness, while the park's visitors look on with vacant expressions of bored dissapointment. The Chris Pratt character is so dissatisfied that there are no action scenes to be had amidst this grim and macabre farce, that he turns to alcohol for solace. At the end, in a drunken stupor he says of the dying retro-saurs; "these must be the most pathetic creatures that have ever walked the earth", but Wu places a hand gently upon his shoulder, as he responds "not quite, Chris, not quite..." and gestures towards a nearby mirror.
I actually like this idea. Could be either a tragedy or a comedy. I could imagine this happening if Shleich took control of the park.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

btb300

Quote from: BlueKrono on February 22, 2017, 01:44:10 PM
Quote from: btb300 on February 22, 2017, 12:38:33 PM

They already did that movie. It's called Tremors 3.
:D I only saw the first movie, but I will need to have a look at this, I guess. Or not? Anyway, I'd love to see raptors to bee more accurate, with real animal-like behavior, not just fixating on pointlessly chasing humans, and killing them when convinient for the plot.
Inevitably, underlying instabilities begin to appear.

BlueKrono

Or befriending them. Or getting killed by them (via flying gymnastics kick).

CityRaptor

Up to Jurassic World the only Raptor killed by humans and it happened like that.
Oh no

PumperKrickel

deleted

Jose S.M.

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 23, 2017, 03:32:16 PM
Up to Jurassic World the only Raptor killed by humans and it happened like that.

I always thought the one Tim and Lex locked up in the freezer died, the freezer was working I think, it would have froze to death??

stargatedalek

It would have starved either way.

CityRaptor

Oh yes. So all the Raptors killed by humans before JW were the victims of children. ( Unless we count Jurassic Park: The Game as canon )
Oh no

Sigmasaurus

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on October 16, 2016, 11:58:16 AM
I liked Jurassic World just as an action movie. The story, characters and dinosaurs were meh, it's not a good movie but it sure is a fun movie. I also really liked the many references to the older JP movies. Still, the direction this franchise is going worries me. :( I don't have high hopes for JW2. I wish they would just accept feathered dinosaurs and stop coming up with excuses for the scaly monsters, it would make a great difference in quality.

You just read my mind.

Sigmasaurus

I hope some of the old characters come back like Grant or Ian Malcom. I didn't like the kids in Jurassic World. They just didn't fit in well at least IMO. I have a story Idea for JW2: So you know how Jurassic world got destroyed at the end? So when the government tries to look for the Dinosaurs that survived (Rexy and Blue) to bring them to Captivity, but then realize they were taken by InGen to Isla Sorna to create a Safari park (Like that ride in JW that you can see them up close without cages where the people are in those glass balls that I can't remember the name of) and also, there safari which is named Cretaceous Park, holds ACTUAL DINOSAURS like Raptors with feathers and other more accurate monsters to make it feel more natural. But all the dinosaurs are missing, were have they gone? InGen and the main characters team up to find out that a zoo in LA has taken them. Then after a few days they attempt a mission at night to get them back to Sorna. But after they are caught and being arrested, the Spinosaurus from JP3 breaks out of its enclosure and causes chaos. While the zoo is distracted, they take all the dinosaurs and bring them to Isla Sorna and  everything goes to normal. The End.

dragon53

JURASSIC WORLD 2---director JA Bayona announced he is reuniting with his A MONSTER CALLS and THE ORPHANAGE star Geraldine Chaplin, daughter of Charlie Chaplin, in the JURASSIC WORLD sequel. Her co-starring role was not announced.

Derek.McManus

No matter what dinosaur enthusiasts wish for I suspect you have little or no chance of seeing feathered dinosaurs depicted in the Jurassic Park franchise, they never have been s part if it from the original novel and probably never will be, no matter the actual facts of the matter the general movie going public precieve dinosaurs as scaly monsters not complex living animals.

It occurred to me the other day that perhaps the point to approach the next part of this franchise is from the obvious set up for a sequel in the original Jurassic Park movie ie the stolen embryos in the shaving cannister...flashback to someone recovering them maybe it had a tracking device as well as a freezer compartment this means that dinosaur Dna would be in the hands of a rival organisation and gives the writers a different direction to approach the story from.

CityRaptor

Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: