News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM

Started by dragon53, August 10, 2016, 06:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yankeetrex

Quote from: Patrx on March 13, 2017, 08:11:53 PM
With that in mind, did anyone else notice that the Tyrannosaurus and the "raptors" in JW look dissimilar to their JP counterparts? This is particularly odd with regard to the Tyrannosaurus, as it is evidently supposed to be the same specimen in both films.

They Scanned a Maquette from the first movie to get the look of the rex down,  they then decided to thin and gristle her out because of all of her years on the island. There are certain angles that really hit the JP look.  Others are very off, but its not because they had a new model, its because of the thinned out version.

SpartanSquat

Quote from: Neosodon on March 21, 2017, 05:38:29 PM
Quote from: dragon53 on March 21, 2017, 05:09:29 PM
JURASSIC WORLD 2---director JA Bayona posted a photo emphasizing his promise to feature practical effects dinosaurs instead of CGI dinosaurs.
That's pretty exiting. I wonder what dinosaurs they are making. The last puppet dinosaurs to be used were in 1999 WWD I think. So I will have high expectations.
In Jurassic World they made Head props fro some dinosaurs and remember the apatosaurus head animatronic in JW. Also dont forget the WWD spin offs, Prehistoric Park and even Primeval used some puppets and animatronics.

CityRaptor

JPIII also used animatronics and puppets for various scenes. The Spinosaurus animatronic even beheaded the Tyrannosaurus one during their fight.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Takama

stargatedalek

Easily the least worrying news yet regarding this movie. Almost a relief even, compared to the PETA level craziness we were hearing earlier.

PumperKrickel

deleted

CityRaptor

Makes you wonder if they will wield those weapons themselves or if they will need riders or some kind of remote control for that.
Oh no

Tylosaurus

Here a nice new article with the latest info on JW2:
http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/jurassic-park/feature/a664031/everything-you-need-to-know-about-jurassic-world-2-the-cast-plot-and-latest-spoilers/

Also as that first picture goes of the girl "Lucy" in the museum staring at that Tike's skull:

That kind of reminds me from the same Trike seen in The Lost World from 1925:

CityRaptor

That pic has been shown before.
The animal in The Lost World would actually be Agathaumas. Triceratops is in the movie, too.

Who knows, maybe that is an Agathaumas skull Lucy is looking at. ( In real life no such skull has been found and Agathaumas is possibly just another Triceratops )
Oh no

yankeetrex

CityRaptor

Same here. Speaking about crazy, apparently someone thinks the Triceratops skull represents Baphomet:
https://vigilantcitizen.com/pics-of-the-month/symbolic-pics-month-0317/
Oh no

BlueKrono

Quote from: yankeetrex on March 24, 2017, 08:03:53 PM
Quote from: Takama on March 24, 2017, 04:53:44 AM
Just in

There will be gun totting dinosaurs in the film.   

No joke. Im mad

-weapon-toting-dinosaurs-in-jurassic

https://moviepilot.com/p/jurassic-world-2-synopsis-dinosaurs-weapons/4230562?utm_source=fb-stream-post&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=there-will-be-weapon-toting-dinosaurs-in-jurassic-world-2

I take that article with a mountain sized grain of salt.....

But some guy on the internet has vouched for its "incredibly accurate" track record!
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Jose S.M.

I don't know what to think, but I've read that statement almost exactly since the sequel was announced, like three days before JW release.

The Atroxious

Quote from: CityRaptor on March 24, 2017, 09:07:07 PM
Same here. Speaking about crazy, apparently someone thinks the Triceratops skull represents Baphomet:
https://vigilantcitizen.com/pics-of-the-month/symbolic-pics-month-0317/

This is amazing, thanks for linking that. For some reason I always get a kick out of symbolism overanalysis. That article alone entertained me far more than it probably should have.

That said, I find it hard to complain about the concept of gun-toting dinosaurs because of how ridiculous and awesomebro it is, but at the same time I feel like the Jurassic franchise is getting a bit too old and "safe" in the corporate sense for me to feel confident about how well the filmmakers will pull it off.

Appalachiosaurus

I think everyone here is overreacting a little bit. The PETA plot is just a rumor, Trevorrow specifically stated"Jurassic War" was not happening, and interviews with the directors strongly imply an outsourcing plot:

"[It will not be] just a bunch of dinosaurs chasing people on an island," Trevorrow said. "That'll get old real fast." "I feel like the idea that this isn't always going to be limited to theme parks, and there are applications for this science that reach far beyond entertainment. And when you look back at nuclear power and how that started, the first instinct was to weaponise it and later on we found it could be used for energy." "And this isn't something necessarily that was in the book but is a seed that I wanted to plant in this movie, is that might be able to grow in more of these movies if they decide to make more of them, is: What if this went open source? It's almost like InGen is Mac, but what if PC gets their hands on it? What if there are 15 different entities around the world who can make a dinosaur?"

dragon53

Fans photographed animatronic models of Dilophosaurus and Apatosaurus on the film set.

CrypticPrism

Good to see old dilololololololllololophosaurus will be back for JW2.

Hold up. Diplodocus? never mind.
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."
"Reading is just staring at a dead piece of wood for hours and hallucinating
My DeviantArt: flipplenup.deviantart.com

dragon53

JURASSIC WORLD 2---Chris Pratt commented on the sequel and its director, "Aw man, J.A. Bayona? Do you know that filmmaker? He's a remarkable filmmaker. If you haven't seen THE IMPOSSIBLE or A MONSTER CALLS, I mean he's really visually masterful. Deep emotions and suspense. I think it's going to be a scarier version. A little bit darker and will continue to expand and carry the story forward in a way that is really unexpected and you wouldn't have imagined."

Takama

MY only qustion is What the frick  is that suposed to be?

BlueKrono

Quote from: Takama on April 21, 2017, 10:49:16 PM

MY only qustion is What the frick  is that suposed to be?

Gojira!
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: