News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM

Started by dragon53, August 10, 2016, 06:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrypticPrism

.....concavenator?

...Acrocanthosaurus?

Maybe even.........Becklespinax?
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."
"Reading is just staring at a dead piece of wood for hours and hallucinating
My DeviantArt: flipplenup.deviantart.com

Takama

At first i was going made thinking it was a new hybrid.

But it looks like a Concavenator to me, the more i look at it.

Loon

Yup, looks about right, for Jurassic World

But, in all honesty, and accuracy aside, the props are definitely getting more interested in this movie than I was for the last film.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I thought Concavenator myself..some on fb said it matched Metriacanthosaurus ?

http://jurassicoutpost.com/almost-halfway-point-frank-marshall-shares-dinosaur-filled-image-jurassic-world-2-set/

looks like fans spotted the Rex in a reflection too..and something else?

Takama

Im sure its Concavenator.   I mean Metriacanthosaurus is SUCH A fragmentary species. its not evean worth attempting to reconstruct. IF they are going with the idea that they now have its DNA and this is what it looked like, then i feel they should of gone the Peter Jacksons King Kong rhote and just made up a Fake real dinosaur. Because if Metriacanthosaurus new remains asociated with it are found in the future, and it looked NOTHING like this. people may be disapointed, an comapneys will be compying this outdated model for better sales.

CrypticPrism

Quote from: Takama on April 22, 2017, 06:39:06 AM
Im sure its Concavenator.   I mean Metriacanthosaurus is SUCH A fragmentary species. its not evean worth attempting to reconstruct. IF they are going with the idea that they now have its DNA and this is what it looked like, then i feel they should of gone the Peter Jacksons King Kong rhote and just made up a Fake real dinosaur. Because if Metriacanthosaurus new remains asociated with it are found in the future, and it looked NOTHING like this. people may be disapointed, an comapneys will be compying this outdated model for better sales.

Not like that's happened before, right?

"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."

Ravonium

Good point. Not to mention that Concavenator is probably too obscure to be in a Jurassic World movie. Metriacanthosaurus,on the other hand, has been mentioned in one of the Jurassic Park movies and the JW game.

Need I say more?

CrypticPrism

Or maybe....it's a juvenile indominus...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g0bbm2bKjIw

In truth, if that was true, I'd lose all hope in blockbuster dinosaur movies.

I mean, if I hadn't already...

Ravonium

great meme

...Or maybe, it's a secret government plot to cause war in this forum.

I, Ravonium, proclaim that Metricanthosaurus in JW2 was a false flag designed to cause war in the forum.

Rain

Guys, it isn't Metriachanthosaurus, this is what the JP Metriachanthosaurus looks like.

Takama

Quote from: Rain on April 22, 2017, 07:58:23 PM
Guys, it isn't Metriachanthosaurus, this is what the JP Metriachanthosaurus looks like.

This is waht the PArasaurolophus looked like in Jurassic World

However this is what the website suggested we would see

Moral of the story. dont expect what you see on the website to represent themselves in the movies.

Rain

That's a one off, Parasaurlophus' appearance has already been established in the franchise , which is likely why they didn't change it. All of the other artworks matched up with their on-screen counter parts. And besides, the two images you shared aren't too far apart.

Takama

Quote from: Rain on April 22, 2017, 09:20:21 PM
That's a one off, Parasaurlophus' appearance has already been established in the franchise , which is likely why they didn't change it. All of the other artworks matched up with their on-screen counter parts. And besides, the two images you shared aren't too far apart.

You do realize that the model in the movie and the model for the Website were made by two diffrent people?

None of the models that appeared on the website that were made by  Julius T. Csotonyi appeared in the film.

Also Remember the Pachycephalosaurus was alredy established in the Franchise and it looked like this on the website

If Metriacanthosaurus makes an appeareance in this sequil, then it will most likly NOT look like what was established on the website

BlueKrono

I think Metriacanthosaurus is too long a name for typical audiences. I think they'd give it a nickname, like "Elvis" in Lost World. Maybe "Metro"?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Rain

Quote from: Takama on April 22, 2017, 10:13:26 PM

You do realize that the model in the movie and the model for the Website were made by two diffrent people?

None of the models that appeared on the website that were made by  Julius T. Csotonyi appeared in the film.

Also Remember the Pachycephalosaurus was alredy established in the Franchise and it looked like this on the website

If Metriacanthosaurus makes an appeareance in this sequil, then it will most likly NOT look like what was established on the website

You should read my response before responding lol. ...

Takama

Quote from: Rain on April 23, 2017, 01:40:10 AM
Quote from: Takama on April 22, 2017, 10:13:26 PM

You should read my response before responding lol. ...

Sorry i got Dexlexia or somthing.

CrypticPrism

Quote from: BlueKrono on April 22, 2017, 11:11:28 PM
I think Metriacanthosaurus is too long a name for typical audiences. I think they'd give it a nickname, like "Elvis" in Lost World. Maybe "Metro"?

Metri?

Oh also, It's been confirmed that art was stolen.

PumperKrickel

deleted

Ravonium

Quote from: SuperiorSpider on April 23, 2017, 01:14:20 PM
I donĀ“t quite understand why such a heated discussion erupted because of that picture, which likely is just a model or a taxidermically prepared animal for the museum scene that was already teased. I doubt that animal, whatever it may be, will have a larger role than Baryonix did in Jurassic World.

I agree. In a few centuries, this is probably what a similar heated discussion will look like.

*pixel posted to prove point

Forum user 1: This is what item x looks like.

Forum user 2: "This is what item x looks like" This is what item y looks like compared to the pixels. Moral: Never trust pixels.

Forum user 1: Those aren't too far apart.

Forum user 2: If item x appears, it won't look like the pixel.

Forum user 1: Read my reply.

The only real difference between this and the one that just happened is that the discussion I posted is over less pixels than the actual discussion that happened. The point I'm trying to make is that this discussion was over only 2 pictures.

Jose S.M.

It would be nice to have more diversity for a change.  They listed Edmontosaurus on their park and they weren't even show in the background in the gyrosphere scene.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: