News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari: New for 2017

Started by Patrx, August 22, 2016, 08:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

Quote from: Andreioli on September 20, 2016, 07:43:24 PM
Keep refreshing this page:

Thank you for posting this.  I've so wanted an Einiosaurus since I started collecting dinosaurs (seems like forever but it's only just over a year ago!)  This has made my day!

Dilopho

Well, it appears that the names of the dinosaurs are in the image urls!

einiosaurus-black.jpg

coelophysis-black.jpg

quetzalcoatlus-black_1.jpg (1???)

kronosaurus-black.jpg

diplodocus-black.jpg

gigantosaurus-black.jpg

deinocheirus-black.jpg

tylosaurus-black.jpg

suspsy

Given the Giganotosaurus' dimensions, I'm surprised it's one of the cheaper toys.

Very pleased that the Tylosaurus has a fluked tail. Bring on the T. rex!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Dilopho

WOW!! Finally one as good as the old Schleich for me!!!

suspsy

Quote from: Dilopho on September 20, 2016, 08:10:43 PM

Where did you get that image from?

Dilopho

Quote from: suspsy on September 20, 2016, 08:12:23 PM
Quote from: Dilopho on September 20, 2016, 08:10:43 PM

Where did you get that image from?
Hee hee, they uploaded it by accident then deleted it I guess  ^-^
Oh well we're not leakers so it's okay, we will just get more excited to buy it haha

Halichoeres

This is so great! My main problem with Safari dinosaurs has always been that there weren't more of them :)

CollectA was on pace to outnumber Safari in my collection just because of the sheer volume of their output. I am very happy to see that Safari will keep them at bay. Doug, I see your handiwork in some of these, like the Deinocheirus, Coelophysis, and Psittacosaurus, or do I mistake myself? The silhouettes have got me pretty stoked. The only ones we haven't seen are the Tyrannosaurus and Microraptor now, right?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Dilopho

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 20, 2016, 08:19:45 PM
The only ones we haven't seen are the Tyrannosaurus and Microraptor now, right?
It would seem like it!

MLMjp

WOWOWOOWOWOWOW
This is really exciting! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Those siluettes look fantastic

CĀ“MON TYRANNOSAURUS REX!!!

Andreioli

I think the IT guy is on a cigarette brake again  >:(

Dilopho

Rathalosaurus

Ah, so beautiful to look at!!
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

Silvanusaurus

I am very confused, when last I looked at a calendar it was merely September, and yet it now appears that Christmas day is fast approaching. By what sorcery have such wonders been wrought?

Dilopho

Oh, they corrected the Giga spelling error but changed her price to $21  :-\

Halichoeres

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on September 20, 2016, 08:33:48 PM
I am very confused, when last I looked at a calendar it was merely September, and yet it now appears that Christmas day is fast approaching. By what sorcery have such wonders been wrought?

Holiday wormhole, normally reserved to allow Kringle to visit every Christian household in the Northern Hemisphere, but which Safari commandeered to bring us dinosaurs.

empire3569

Quote from: suspsy on September 20, 2016, 07:55:17 PM
Well, well, the Giganotosaurus is mounted on a base. Me, I have zero issue with that, but no doubt some people will be disappointed or even upset.

I'm OK with the base too; what I'm not OK with is that bland and poorly applied paint. Something that can be easily fixed though :)

Rain

I like how plump the feathering on the Velociraptor looks, very birdlike.

suspsy

Still no silhouettes for the Microraptor, Parasaurolophus, and T. rex, but the Giganotosaurus is now in the same price category as the Diplodocus and Kronosaurus.

Jose S.M.

As a ceratopsian lover I'm very excited for the Einiosaurus and judging by the silhouette I like the pose.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: