News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dino Park in Scotland

Started by Dilopho, August 30, 2016, 06:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dilopho

I went to Dino Park in Scotland today and it was a brilliant place. I will add some pictures here later. It's a Jurassic-Park-esque attraction inside a garden center and it has many dinosaur statues and other animals and hundreds of beautiful plants.

(sorry there's a family member in the shot)

Dilopho

Photos have been added, what does everyone think? I love those dromeosaurs!

stargatedalek

That crocodile and toad could almost be mistaken for mounts, shame that same level of realism isn't applied to the dinosaurs. That being said some of these are still quite neat looking.

Uncle Rex

Thanks for the pics. In what city is the park located?

Silvanusaurus

Wow, this guy means business. He's just crashed his aeroplane, and he's ready to mess you up.

Dilopho

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on August 31, 2016, 07:37:48 AM

Wow, this guy means business. He's just crashed his aeroplane, and he's ready to mess you up.
Actually it was part of a bigger display. It was a full-sized crashed airplane with two dead pilot mannequins inside and a plane radio with garbled screaming coming out of it  :o And the raptors and pterosaurs were coming in!
This was in the CHILDREN'S PLAY AREA!
There was also a dead pilot hanging from a tree by a parachute!

Dilopho

Quote from: Uncle Rex on August 31, 2016, 02:51:37 AM
Thanks for the pics. In what city is the park located?
Carrutherstown, Dumfries

Derek.McManus

I took my family there a few years ago and it's a great family attraction, we really enjoyed it, my little boy loved running through the mine tunnel with his hard hat on. I heard that they had added on a crashed plane so thanks for putting up the photos, there is also a giant gorilla that you can take your photo with! It's very well laid out and the gardens are nice too, the staff are very friendly and helpful. There is a Dino Park Facebook page and lots of entries on trip advisor.

It not intended as a museum etc but just a family attraction and the models are commercially purchased a quick Google check will get you the importers details. There was a travelling exhibition in Belfast in one of the large shopping centres featuring some of the same dinosaur models.

Derek.McManus

:) When I visited the one thing that caught my eye was a Protoceratops described as Pentaceratops! I didn't have the heart to say anything since they had gone to the bother of creating signage etc! On a different note I got agreed key ring and tea mug in the shop with the Park logo on!

Dilopho

Quote from: Derek.McManus on August 31, 2016, 11:55:58 PM
:) When I visited the one thing that caught my eye was a Protoceratops described as Pentaceratops! I didn't have the heart to say anything since they had gone to the bother of creating signage etc! On a different note I got agreed key ring and tea mug in the shop with the Park logo on!
That thing! I tried to tell a staff member it was Protoceratops and even explained the famous fossil of veloci vs proto but she wouldn't believe me she was all "No....that's definately a Pentaceratops!"
But it's not!
Derek, did you also notice that the Postosuchus has a Gastonia silhouette on the size chart? Hee hee!

Derek.McManus

Lol missed that one...well spotted! I did take a nice photo of the Postosuchus that I use on my Facebook profile! I had lots of nice photos but some nasty person stole my phone at the works Christmas party! 😞

Still it's a great place to visit if you are in the area! When I visited one admission covered you for the whole day so you could leave and come back again. My kids loved it and anything that interests young people in dinosaurs gets my vote!

JL4Raptor

Wow, this looks great! How much was entry and where is it in Scotland?

MaastrichtianGuy

Well i know the dinosaurs and modern day dinosaurs that are in the park in your photos
Dinosaurs:
Allosaurus
Brachiosaurus
Tyrannosaurus Rex
a JP esque Dilophosaurus
JP Velociraptors
Stegosaurus
Parasaurolophus
Brachiosaurus
a JP esque Spinosaurus
Triceratops
and Dromaeosaurus
and some modern day dinosaurs and non dinosaur types:
Pteranodons
Dimetrodon
Cane Toad
Komodo Dragon
Amazon Tree Boa
and Saltwater Crocodile

Tyto_Theropod

Wow, didn't know of any dinosaur parks where I live! Pity it's JP-esque, though...
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

MaastrichtianGuy

Quote from: JL4Raptor on November 04, 2016, 11:32:37 AM
Wow, this looks great! How much was entry and where is it in Scotland?
well the admission to the park is £3 for Adults,£5 for children 2 years and £15 for the family ticket and it's located in the Hetland Garden Centre in Carrutherstown, Dumfries and here's the address it's DG1 4JX, UK

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.